General Election 2015

shull

We did nothing. Nothing. Right across the whole of that region we did absolutely nothing. Not that it was the Coalitions fault. David Cameron was all for taking action in Syria when it needed to be taken, but opposition MP's voted down the motion by a shameful 285 - 272 votes.

As a result we sent a signal to the likes of ISIL that they could carry on building and growing throughout the Middle East and Africa unfettered because the UK would now only take action if our territory was being attacked. It's that lack of action, that yellow and red stained cowardice that has led to the situation where Christians are fleeing to avoid the risk of execution from a depraved bunch of religious fundamentalists. It's that lack of safety in their homelands that leads to the kind of desperation that sees thousands of immigrants cramming onto tiny boats to try and get across the Med into Europe. And then when the inevitable catastrophe happens isn't it just typical that the kind of spineless fanny that appears to dominate Scottish Politics comes out and tries desperately to make it some kind of immigration issue.

tells us what action you would have liked the UK to have taken. Please explain ?

Exactly Libya what a mess the the Westminster imperialists have made of that country

It was British not Westminster Imperialism that has taken us into these daft wars.

Governments elected under the democratic system under which we labour...

It would be nice to blame someone else and absolve yourself of all feelings that you find distasteful, but the truth is that it was your/my government that took us there.

It was not a big boy who did it and ran away. It was our representatives.

On the asinine Referendum thread, (aka Herr Dixon's soapbox for all who wished to feed him) I suggested that until the problems generated by the overwhelming power of London, its wealth generation and massive population were addressed, nothing would change.

The upcoming election brouhaha is proving fun in that regard. I'm enjoying the current concerns and squirming of the Westminster elite at the idea of a non-Westminster elite being able to influence power, way beyond their population base's potential.

It may not (it wullnae!) solve all the UK's troubles but it's an interesting time for us all. :)

It was British not Westminster Imperialism that has taken us into these daft wars.

It would be nice to blame someone else and absolve yourself of all feelings that you find distasteful, but the truth is that it was your/my government that took us there.

On the asinine Referendum thread, (aka Herr Dixon's soapbox for all who wished to feed him) I suggested that until the problems generated by the overwhelming power of London, its wealth generation and massive population were addressed, nothing would change.

The upcoming election brouhaha is proving fun in that regard. I'm enjoying the current concerns and squirming of the Westminster elite at the idea of a non-Westminster elite being able to influence power, way beyond their population base's potential.

It may not (it wullnae!) solve all the UK's troubles but it's an interesting time for us all. smile.png

What is the difference between the British/Westminster government ? Granted they were elected , but once they have been elected it is a virtual dictatorship , as Tony proved . I have never bought into their reasons for killing innocent people. .

I'm a British subject , not proud of it , while l carry the Burden of Shame. .

What is the difference between the British/Westminster government ? Granted they were elected , but once they have been elected it is a virtual dictatorship , as Tony proved . I have never bought into their reasons for killing innocent people. .

The point he's making is we are all British. Indeed Scotland voted for Tony Blair time and time again.

As for Blair being a dictatorship - I'm sorry but I nearly choked on my coffee with that one. He couldn't even get his policies past Gordon Brown, never mind impose his will on a nation

Edited by Stuart Dickson

tells us what action you would have liked the UK to have taken. Please explain ?

We should have taken action, particularly in Syria , when Assad was using chemical warfare to kill his people.

How anyone can be proud of the left wing / Scottish Nationalist argument of the time, that it should not be the UKs responsibility to uphold International law , is beyond me. It's certainly that attitude that has so many migrants desperate enough to get in overcrowded boats in a bid to get to Italy

Edited by Stuart Dickson

272 votes - what happened to the rest of the Tory and LibDem MPs? Considering that the coalition have a majority in the Commons, how can you say that it is not their fault? The Tories alone have over 272 MPs.

ETA: Was the vote not about supporting the rebels in Syria? Some of which just happened to be ISIS.

Indeed it was, Cameron wanted strikes against Assad

Bad as things are just now,where would we be if the Tories got their way

It may not (it wullnae!) solve all the UK's troubles but it's an interesting time for us all. smile.png

the bit in bold undermines the rest of your post-we are meant to work WITHIN a democtratic system, not labour under it.

the bit in bold undermines the rest of your post-we are meant to work WITHIN a democtratic system, not labour under it.

No. It doesn't. It enhances the point I made.

I chose the word specifically to stress the way in which Nationalists apparently view their democratically elected governments...

...as evidenced by the deflective use of adjectival words such as "westminster".

We should have taken action, particularly in Syria , when Assad was using chemical warfare to kill his people.

How anyone can be proud of the left wing / Scottish Nationalist argument of the time, that it should not be the UKs responsibility to uphold International law , is beyond me. It's certainly that attitude that has so many migrants desperate enough to get in overcrowded boats in a bid to get to Italy

The Scottish government was correct, it's not our fight. You want justice then take up your passion with the UN it was set up to stop such things happening. Not for individual countries to start a bombing campaign. Anyway our armed forces have been depleted so much by your Tory party making us unable to defend ourselves never mind getting involved in a war that has nothing to do with us. That coming from generals NATO and every man and his dog apart from war Hungary Tories.

The point he's making is we are all British. Indeed Scotland voted for Tony Blair time and time again.

As for Blair being a dictatorship - I'm sorry but I nearly choked on my coffee with that one. He couldn't even get his policies past Gordon Brown, never mind impose his will on a nation

Is that because this lot had a threesome back in the Day ?

post-8992-0-77180200-1429812783_thumb.jp

Electioneering in full swing and already, Little by Little, I'm fed up this early. Admittedly they have all given me some Food for Thought but as I relax here with a wee glass of Red looking out over the Moray Firth,it's getting cloudy now and I Think it's Going to Rain Today.

Going offshore tomorrow so that's me Signing Off for tonight.

sorry.gif Couldn't resist...Great Album.

The Scottish government was correct, it's not our fight. You want justice then take up your passion with the UN it was set up to stop such things happening. Not for individual countries to start a bombing campaign. Anyway our armed forces have been depleted so much by your Tory party making us unable to defend ourselves never mind getting involved in a war that has nothing to do with us. That coming from generals NATO and every man and his dog apart from war Hungary Tories.

Ah, so your argument, and that of other Nationalists on this website, is that the UK should not get involved when a foreign dictator decides to commit acts of mass genocide on his own people by launching chemical attacks on them killing tens of thousands of men, women and children indiscriminately. But that when the lucky few who have survived those attacks make it to the overcrowded boats filled with desperate people fleeing for their safety, we should pick up the tab to patrol their waters to try to find any boats that get into difficulty before they sink and people start to drown.

Thank f**k the world isn't relying on the SNP for humanitarian assistance. :rolleyes:

Ahh Stuart. Fortunately I am in the same constituency as yourself. Your moronic trolling matters little, other than to be mildly irritating. No doubt that is your intention? The UK is a tiny speck in the grand scheme of things. Are you seriously suggesting that without bending over to our American cousins, we are capable of fighting anyone on our own? This is the 21st century, not the 19th. The UN is supposed to be the worlds police force.

Ahh Stuart. Fortunately I am in the same constituency as yourself. Your moronic trolling matters little, other than to be mildly irritating. No doubt that is your intention? The UK is a tiny speck in the grand scheme of things. Are you seriously suggesting that without bending over to our American cousins, we are capable of fighting anyone on our own? This is the 21st century, not the 19th. The UN is supposed to be the worlds police force.

The UK is the 6th richest nation in the world. Prior to the Independence Referendum the SNP were claiming that Scotland was the 14th richest nation in the world. Yet when acts of genocide are being committed the cowardly left and the dictator loving Nationalists want to turn their back on people in need and excuse their responsibilities by claiming it's someone's elses duty to clean up the mess.

Then 18 months later the same bastarding shitebags turn into political opportunists denying the damage their acts of cowardice caused and blaming the UK government for not having loads of ships in the area hunting for needles in a haystack, or more accurately trying to find a rubber dingy in a 2,500,000 km² Mediterranean Sea.

Electioneering in full swing and already, Little by Little, I'm fed up this early. Admittedly they have all given me some Food for Thought but as I relax here with a wee glass of Red looking out over the Moray Firth,it's getting cloudy now and I Think it's Going to Rain Today.

Going offshore tomorrow so that's me Signing Off for tonight.

sorry.gif Couldn't resist...Great Album.

Manfred Mann also do an earlier version of that which is little known but still very good. .

. .back on topic , to hell with the Westminster elite. .

Guest TPAFKATS

These people are trying to flee to Italy from Libya.

The UK intervened in Libya.

You really are thick as pigshit

Ah, so your argument, and that of other Nationalists on this website, is that the UK should not get involved when a foreign dictator decides to commit acts of mass genocide on his own people by launching chemical attacks on them killing tens of thousands of men, women and children indiscriminately. But that when the lucky few who have survived those attacks make it to the overcrowded boats filled with desperate people fleeing for their safety, we should pick up the tab to patrol their waters to try to find any boats that get into difficulty before they sink and people start to drown.

Thank f**k the world isn't relying on the SNP for humanitarian assistance. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is you are a grade one idiot Stewart. It's a Un problem which both the UK and USA have to convince. If the UN say it's not a world problem then that's what it is. It's called being democratic unless of course you are an imperialistic which you are. Given the number of food banks in the UK is f**kin shambolic in the year 2015. Grown up in the 50s there was nothing like food banks as there is today. Cancel itrident and feed the people through out the UK . This from independence supporter Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

The bottom line is you are a grade one idiot Stewart. It's a Un problem which both the UK and USA have to convince. If the UN say it's not a world problem then that's what it is. It's called being democratic unless of course you are an imperialistic which you are. Given the number of food banks in the UK is f**kin shambolic in the year 2015. Grown up in the 50s there was nothing like food banks as there is today. Cancel itrident and feed the people through out the UK . This from independence supporter

I agree with this, but only to an extent. Yes the UN has that responsibility, and yes they should be the first port of call when dealing with humanitarian crisis. BUT that absolutely cannot be a one fits all approach; the UN has been known both to make colossal screw ups, and indeed to completely abdicate its responsibilities when the going gets tough (see Rwanda 1994). In that case the world has two choices - sit back and say 'it's not our problem' or get involved on an individual State basis. Nobody can claim that one or other is appropriate in ALL circumstances. Sometimes intervention is both justified and correct at a moral humanitarian level, and sometimes it's not. Edited by zurich_allan