Events In Paris

pozbaird

I've not got a clue, I've already said that. Why aren't you asking if one of them said, "Jews eat Kosher food"?

My point was, as I think you are well aware, that you were not supplying any content or context to the comments that were, allegedly, made.

If someone said (or drew a cartoon) that Moses took it up the arse from Pharaoh as the price of getting the Jews out of Egypt and ever since then all Jews get botty-bashed regularly in remembrance of this then, though it would be distasteful to Jews, it would not warrant arrest. If, on the other hand, someone was inciting others to go and f**k every Jew they could find up the arse, then that would warrant being arrested.

If someone said that I posted "Gas all Jews" then I obviously couldn't deny it as it is there in black and white for all to see. However, that would taking it out of context and selectively quoting (what we on BAWA now call "Doing a Dorothy"). When taken in context it is obvious that I wasn't saying that all Jews should be gassed.

Do you know what was said and in what context? That's basically what I am getting at.

the example you quote about moses probably would get you arrested in france as they have anti Semitism laws. However if you say the same about the pope, or a prophet you can sell 7 million copies of your magazine at enormous profit (pun intended) and everyone says you are exercising your right to free speech.

Political correct shite lets change the subject.

On CNN today they showed a video of two ( suspected Russian ) spies. They were on their knees and shoot in the head by a 12 year old boy.

Are we the world going to stand back and let this continue. The video also showed lots of children learning to fight and shoot guns. If nothing is done this will go on for a very long time.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

the example you quote about moses probably would get you arrested in france as they have anti Semitism laws. However if you say the same about the pope, or a prophet you can sell 7 million copies of your magazine at enormous profit (pun intended) and everyone says you are exercising your right to free speech.

Assuming that by anti-Semitism laws you mean laws designed to protect people of Jewish descent rather than all of those of Semitic descent then I find it hard to believe that this would be the case. Moses is as much a part of the Bible and the Q'ran as he is the Torah and couldn't be singled out like that.

Got there before me.

I'll assume that you don't know what these people said to get them arrested then, LP. Why don't you just admit that you don't know if they should have been arrested or not?

For all I know, I could agree with you that they shouldn't have been arrested for what they said - if only I knew what they said and didn't have to jump to conclusions.

So you haven't bothered to check, but maintain you can have free speech as long as it doesn't offend jewish people? Ffs

Regarding your first 6 words - bothered to check what? You are the one who said they were arrested for just saying stuff without giving details about what was said. All I have done is point out that it depends on what you actually say whether you are arrested or not.

As for the rest of your post, WTF are you talking about? Selective reading at its finest - are you one of Dorothy's aliases by any chance?

Back to my original point which was the whole charlie hebdo thing has been labelled as an attack on free speech. But i don't feel any less free to speak, although i don't make a living out of attacking only some! Religions/faiths.

Point being people were arrested for less contentious speech than the years of ridicule Charlie hebdo has targeted at muslims/islam. If they had done the same towards the jewish faith they would have been arrested years ago.

If you don't see the irony in that fair enough. If you want the detail, research it yourself!

Free speech is a selective thing even in this country (the BBC see to it). There are plans right now to make new laws so that they can get access to more emails and text messages made by people in this country . Now , the way that kind of Draconian law is sold to you is , "Well look what happened in Paris !! You wouldn't want that happen here , would you ??!!" or the more well worn one "Well if you've got nothing to hide. ."

On top of that , they already have laws so that they can see where your email traffic goes , it's just that they want to access their Big Brother world a bit easier. .

Your human rights are being eroded . It is an insidious thing . One day we will all wake up and , think , "How did it come to this..?"

I think you'll find that they attacked all faiths. They attacked Christianity more than they attacked Islam. You are the one trying to make this out to be racist without giving any facts about what they actually said and the context in which is was said.

Anyway, I'm an atheist and I think that all religions are equally worthy of all the ridicule that you can give them. Paradise and virgins, purgatory and everlasting life, whatever and whatever - it's all bollocks and the sooner it is eradicated from humanity the f**king better. It's been the excuse for centuries of hatred and murder (the excuse, not the reason as a lot of people say). If you want to go out and slaughter people then just go ahead and f**king do it, don't try to hide behind some fictional f**king sky fairy as the reason that you did it, just leave a note admitting that you are a c**t.

I think it is wild dramatizing men that commit atrocities rather than the religion itself . WW1 saw one "Christian " empire go to all out war against another supposedly "Christian " empire , due to avarice , hate and dramatizing the evil intentions in their own minds( possibly installed there by another party) . .

I'm not aware of any religion that says whole scale slaughter is okay . I think these muslims are bending what their book says to suit an agenda, which in turn gives certain regimes , a great excuse to turn the boys out onto the streets and start shooting folks. .

I'm perfectly happy for someone or anyone to believe in whatever gods/god/thereafter they wish to , as long as they don't pervert that belief into an excuse to kill some other poor sod or his family in the name of a "belief " system. .

I believe man is basically good but it pisses me off when some sods chosen belief , whatever that may be doesn't make him a better person , no matter how devout he is but in fact he uses his "belief " to justify some sort of anti-social behaviour /killing spree. .

It also pisses me off that our "authorities" then use an incident to justify their own killing spree usually preceded by their latest batch of suppressive laws. .

You know, it pisses me off that we in this country as in others such as France are kinda forced into tip toeing around Muslim / Islamic sensibilities , whilst , if we travel to so called oft referred Muslim countries and show some leg or a bare shoulder in the wrong place intending no offence , we risk imprisonment , stoning , radical lashings or a form of penal servitude.

What is so wrong is that there is no counterbalance in the relationship with Muslim communities , we appear to be dictated to whether at home or abroad. It appears to me we have been wrong footed decades ago with our liberal do good proactive benevolent yes yes yes bollocks in this area and the tail now continues to wag the dog.

When did it become non PC to simply express your opinions and thoughts, exactly. Fwiw and imo we are seriously in a bad place now with race relations in this country / wider Western Union now , and it's only going to get seriously worse.

Islam allegedly means peace, funny how it seems to be radical Islamists that resort to violence the minute they hear about an animated image or dislike a slant on wordplay.

Truly horrible stare of affairs now, and gallingly , in the West , one we've largely brought on ourselves

Islam allegedly means peace, funny how it seems to be radical Islamists that resort to violence the minute they hear about an animated image or dislike a slant on wordplay.

Plenty of attrocities have been and continue to be committed in the name of other religions.

Was the Norwegian guy that killed numerous people (mostly kids)a few years back not a fundamentalist Christian? I can't recall hearing a great deal being made of that fact, however.

Plenty of attrocities have been and continue to be committed in the name of other religions.Was the Norwegian guy that killed numerous people (mostly kids)a few years back not a fundamentalist Christian? I can't recall hearing a great deal being made of that fact, however.

Cannot compare the two.......

I think the difference was that he and or his followers were not exactly having countries frightened to intervene for fear of offending his fundamental faith beliefs. Indeed his massacre was perpetrated so unchecked as he lived in a democratic liberal minded society.

The 'Islam question' if I can couch in such terms, is on an altogether different campaign scale.

Imo religion generally has provided far more negatives than positives throughout history, but again , that is subjective, depending on whether you've been saved or have firm faith I suppose.

Each to their own , however , I think it's wrong to go the extra mile for what are faith beliefs alien to the indigenous populace. I think that is a recipe for trouble domestically and throughout Europe. I reckon we are seeing the results of giving an inch , Europe is now being shafted for ownership of it's own identity. In a game of numbers, this us one that Europe will lose over time. I genuinely fear for our children and that we are losing more and more influence over affairs that should be quite simply our policy to drive and deliver.

Genuinely , why do we tip toe around questions concerning Islam in the U K , / Europe ?

Edit to add........ I see the govt today are being criticised for reacting to recent terrors by issuing correspondence to circa 1000 Imans in the U K ?

In the name of ..........[insert faith icon ] why apologise ?

Guest TPAFKATS

Plenty of attrocities have been and continue to be committed in the name of other religions.

Was the Norwegian guy that killed numerous people (mostly kids)a few years back not a fundamentalist Christian? I can't recall hearing a great deal being made of that fact, however.

Indeed he was and it formed a great part of the reasoning behind his acts.

He was also in some sort of secret society, not sure if masons but similar regalia.

Guest TPAFKATS

Heard an imam on the tranny complaining that they were being asked to "spy" and report anyone they thought might be up to something (you know, like mass murder and blowing shit up). Surely that is the responsibility of every citizen of a civilised country. Maybe that's the problem, they don't see the west as civilised.

Mibees he has issues with reporting people to security services as there is no trust there?

I'm not sure that implying that all Muslims see the west as uncivilised is helpful?