Paisley Gets £1.9M...

bluto

Good stuff. As I mentioned, I (like others on here) spend a fair bit of time photographing Paisley buildings, so that sort of money will help improve things. Projects like this all helps. One good project leads to another.

Edited by pozbaird

Delighted to read about this initiative. Alongside the refurbishment of the Russell Institute and the Fountain Gardens things are improving after 40 years of neglect and demolition. Hopefully the Half-Time School, Fire Station, Territorial Army premises and the the Sea Cadets (ex-Ferguslie Mills Hostel) are next on the list.

Hope there's a few quid earmarked for that eyesore of a building opposite Greggs on Moss Street (one time fireworks shop). That's an embarrassment being so close to the centre and on the pedestrian route up from the station

Aye it looks like downtown Beirut walking past the shitehole, that and the remains of Pitchers Sports shop as well. There was some sort of emergency remedial work done on the fireworks shop last year, presumably something in danger of falling off? That was it though, a lick of paint would do it wonders in the meantime, whilst it awaits improvement or demolition.

As for the monies secured today, I'd like to see them re-pave Dunn Square, doing away with those shite looking 1980's petrol station forecourt mono blocks, they spent weeks putting down about 30 odd years ago.

Delighted to read about this initiative. Alongside the refurbishment of the Russell Institute and the Fountain Gardens things are improving after 40 years of neglect and demolition. Hopefully the Half-Time School, Fire Station, Territorial Army premises and the the Sea Cadets (ex-Ferguslie Mills Hostel) are next on the list.

Think it would take a big chunk of the £1.9m to restore school. I might even be beyond restoration, which will be sad.

I would love to see Dunn Square (and other parks and buildings) have their railings replaced to return to what they originally looked like before the second world war when all the railings were removed.

Apparently most of the railings that were cut down to provide metal for the war effort never got used, owing to the type of metal (iron ?) being of no practical use. It was more of a PR exercise in the end...

Planning permission has recently been granted to turn Fire Station into Offices.There was an article in the PDE about it recently but I can't find the link.

Planning permission has recently been granted to turn Fire Station into Offices.There was an article in the PDE about it recently but I can't find the link.

Aye, heard that too. Apparently prep works have already started, good news...

I would love to see Dunn Square (and other parks and buildings) have their railings replaced to return to what they originally looked like before the second world war when all the railings were removed.

I'd love to see a return of the crowds of people that used to throng the town centre of a Saturday . The toon is way too empty these days , it is sad. .

They should remove the statue of Victoria - she hated Paisley when she came here. Apparently that is why she has her back to the town centre - or so the story goes.

My drunken efforts to put a traffic cone on her heid, made front page news way back in 1992 ! ;-)

I reckon this is as good a thread as any to post a photo of my new kitten. He's black and white and a cheery wee soul... called him Paisley. When I heard Paisley had been awarded 1.9 million quid, I was quite excited. I could look after the money for him until he grows up a bit. Disappointed to find out it wisnae' him that's getting the dosh..... Anyway.... He likes being called Paisley. Gaun' yersel' son. phone.gif

post-5834-0-94791600-1423605606_thumb.jp

Edited by pozbaird

I reckon this is as good a thread as any to post a photo of my new kitten. He's black and white and a cheery wee soul... called him Paisley. When I heard Paisley had been awarded 1.9 million quid, I was quite excited. I could look after the money for him until he grows up a bit. Disappointed to find out it wisnae' him that's getting the dosh..... Anyway.... He likes being called Paisley. Gaun' yersel' son. phone.gif

attachicon.gifPaisley.jpg

He`s a wee cracker.

Can he play centre half ?

Aye, we need the spiked railings back.

I mean, where dae ye hang up yer bird fir a good time these days?