Auction For Football Signed By St Mirren Team

Hi all,

I work for a football charity based in London who currently have an online fundraising auction with a lot that may be of interest to you all....

Thanks.

Win a football signed by the entire St. Mirren football team!

A great collectors item or gift for fans of the club - and buying it will help raise important funds for charity too - it's a win-win situation!

This football has been made available as part of a week-long online fundraising auction, please go to the Football Beyond Borders website to find out more: www.footballbeyondborders.org

All funds raised by this auction will directly support Football Beyond Borders' work with disadvantaged young people in the UK. Please bid generously! :)

Football Beyond Borders is a registered UK charity which uses the power of football to tackle inequality and provide opportunities for young people to achieve their goals and make their voices heard.

Ebay page can be found here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Football-signed-by-St-Mirren-team-/251910258617?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa7057fb9

Good luck with the auction, I hope you raise lots of cash for the kiddies.

However, timing is everything, and I fear the signatures of our current squad would only serve to devalue an object...

He could announce that, if somone ups the bid, he'll throw in an eraser!whistling.gif

We won one at hospitality back in December and handed it to the first person in the first pub we went into. None of the 6 of us wanted the burden of it.sad.png

Plus, it used to be that you could make out signatures based on a bit of guesswork. All the squads signatures are now nondescript squiggles with their squad numbers beneath them. Still had a time figuring out who half of them were even based on squad numbers! :lol:

I got a framed one as a going away present from work. The job the lads at work had in getting it was typical of the ridiculous situation at the club.

Phone call went something like "Can we buy a signed framed shirt please?" Answer "Naw, we don't do framed shirts" "Well, can we buy a signed shirt, and we'll get it framed?" answer "Naw, we canny sell shirts. You need to buy one from JD Sports and send it to us for signing".

Couldn't make it up.