Lib Mp Carmichael, What A Cock

Guest TPAFKATS

The SNP said prior to the UK General Election that if Scots voted for them we wouldn't get a Conservative Government. They claimed that a vote for the SNP would end child poverty. Considering so many Scots did vote for the SNP can you let us all know how they are getting on with those two pledges? I hope they didn't lie cause if they did under this new found morality that Nationalists appear to have found long after their campaigns ended, I'd presume they'd all have to resign en-masse. rolleyes.gif

The Scottish public decided not to vote for the Tories.

You really need to accept that and move on.

The Tories have no mandate up here.

You are right. Once you've been caught lying you should resign.

Salmond was caught lying over the "advice" he'd been given about Scotlands EU Membership before the referendum. He wasted taxpayers money trying to cover up his lies too. Odious f**ker. I hope in this sudden burst of morality by the SNP we see the rush to ensure that justice is applied equally throughout the house and that Salmond gives up his Gordon seat too. :rolleyes:

You mean the guy who resigned as first minister,party leader and MSP ?

Guest TPAFKATS

Malky Bruce today weighed in defending Carmichael with the astonishing line that all MPs lie so we shouldn't hold them to account for it.

I believe he thought he was helping?

Guest TPAFKATS

David Mundell interviewed earlier. Twice had the chance to answer that he wasn't aware of what was going on. He chose to dig himself into a hole instead...

Malky Bruce today weighed in defending Carmichael with the astonishing line that all MPs lie so we shouldn't hold them to account for it.

I believe he thought he was helping?

Malcolm Bruce probably became the first politician to tell the truth with that one and yet he's been roundly berated and castigated for it. No wonder politicians lie. :rolleyes:

The Scottish public decided not to vote for the Tories.

You really need to accept that and move on.

The Tories have no mandate up here.

Fortunately, dafty, Scotland voted to remain part of the UK. The Conservatives won the UK General Election taking the majority of seats. As in any other democracy the Conservatives have indeed got a mandate to run the whole of the UK.

I'm not sure why you struggle so much with this. It just shows you up as stooopid. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, dafty, Scotland voted to remain part of the UK. The Conservatives won the UK General Election taking the majority of seats. As in any other democracy the Conservatives have indeed got a mandate to run the whole of the UK.

I'm not sure why you struggle so much with this. It just shows you up as stooopid. rolleyes.gif

And as I've repeatedly said, I genuinely want the English Tory party (because the Scottish one has no mandate up here) to believe it can rule our country exactly as it sees fit despite having 1 MP.

I want them to be as radical as they like.

Why?

Because this will boost the independence process again and that's the end goal.

Nothing else matters.

On that note, why haven't the Tories privatised the NHS and our entire school system yet?

They have the power.and the desire. What's taking them so long?

Guest TPAFKATS

If Nationalists are insisting on all lying politicians resigning their seats then this session at the House of Commons will be really interesting, as will the one at Holyrood.

Malcolm Bruce probably became the first politician to tell the truth with that one and yet he's been roundly berated and castigated for it. No wonder politicians lie. :rolleyes:

This is very similar to the defence used for the likes of DLT groping young females - everyone else was doing it so don't find him guilty.

Guest TPAFKATS

A quick question about the move to overturn the election result for twatmichael.

Why? We have 56 mps. Would 57 make any difference? Setting aside democratic results is a very dangerous road and id want no part of it.

I'm not a member of snp so it's not a party political thing for me.

He used his ministerial influence to smear a political opponent during a general election. This as he acknowledges makes his ministerial position untenable. He thinks that surrendering his ministerial severance as sufficient penance.

He is conveniently ignoring the other facts, ie he immediately and repeatedly denied involvement and then allowed an inquiry to be set up knowing it wouldn't conclude until after the election.

He was only elected with a 3% majority (800 votes).

His constituents should be able to recall him and hold him to account over his actions and not have to wait 5 years.

If they decide they want a by election, I honestly couldn't care less who gets elected.

And as I've repeatedly said, I genuinely want the English Tory party (because the Scottish one has no mandate up here) to believe it can rule our country exactly as it sees fit despite having 1 MP.

I want them to be as radical as they like.

Why?

Because this will boost the independence process again and that's the end goal.

Nothing else matters.

On that note, why haven't the Tories privatised the NHS and our entire school system yet?

They have the power.and the desire. What's taking them so long?

Yep, that s always the Nationalist way. Independence at all costs, no matter what's best for their constituents or what's best for Scotland. It's precisely that which will ensure Scotland will always be part of the Union

This is very similar to the defence used for the likes of DLT groping young females - everyone else was doing it so don't find him guilty.

Or the defence used by SNP voters when attempting to defend Alex Salmonds exorbitant expenses or for that matter St Mirren fans trying to defend sectarianism or racism amongst the support.

I'm no hypocrite and I'm not defending Carmichael. I'm simply saying that Nationalists should look in the mirror first.

Or the defence used by SNP voters when attempting to defend Alex Salmonds exorbitant expenses or for that matter St Mirren fans trying to defend sectarianism or racism amongst the support.

I'm no hypocrite and I'm not defending Carmichael. I'm simply saying that Nationalists should look in the mirror first.

As far as I am aware it is not only the SNP in his constituency who are urging him to resign his seat. You, of course, always have to slant it against the SNP!

One last attempt, for a laugh. Should The Proven Liar resign? It's an easy one, just answer Yes or No? Come on Stuart, go on

Yep, that s always the Nationalist way. Independence at all costs, no matter what's best for their constituents or what's best for Scotland. It's precisely that which will ensure Scotland will always be part of the Union

What I particularly enjoyed about your post was the complete lack of irony in your post criticising 'the Nationalist way' of 'independence at all costs'.

The memo was written by a civil servant who wasn't at the original meeting and therefore could not know what anyone at the meeting said verbatim. The memo ended with a warning that bits of the conversation about the meeting could have been 'lost in translation'. The only people with no vested interest in how this played out in a UK election were the French Embassy who denied there had been any discussion about whether Sturgeon favoured Milliband or Cameron.

The memo was leaked the day after Sturgeon was judged by many to have won a TV debate between all the main party leaders. It became the top story in the UK after she won that debate that a bloke who wasn't at the meeting and who said his memo might not be accurate said the SNP leader wanted the Tories rather than Labour to win. A few hours later Ed Milliband and Jim Murphy were on TV telling voters that the memo was 'proof' of why you can't trust the SNP... publicly they are saying lock the Tories out but privately they are wanting Cameron back as PM.

The guy who authorises the leak is then asked, did he know anything about the memo. 'These things happen' he tells one TV station and then tells another, 'The first I knew about this memo was when a journalist asked me about it'. An inquiry is ordered into the leak and by 9th April the press were reporting that Carmichael's special advisor was to be interviewed about the leak. The head of the civil service said he hoped the inquiry could publish its findings before the General Election, but it took 6 weeks after identifying the source of the leak to reveal who that was and who authorised the leak.

And you speak deadpan, about the 'Nationalist way' and 'independence at all costs'?

Milliband and Murphy haven't apologised for their interviews saying the memo was proof the SNP were liars. Carmichael has admitted he leaked the memo and it was inaccurate and he lied to cover up the leak and the Lib Dems have said he won't face any internal discipline by the party.

Not one Unionist MP, MSP, or special advisor who leaked the memo or used it in TV interviews had either the gumption or integrity to ask whether the memo was credible or true and instead thought, 'Excellent... we can use this to smear the SNP and hopefully take the momentum out their campaign whether it is true or not'... the Unionist way eh? Preserve the UK at all costs no matter what is best for their constituents or for Scotland!

You'd think if you were someone like Ed Milliband for example, about to give another TV interview during an election campaign, wanting to avoid any gaffes that could be replayed on TV for years to come and someone shows you the story about Sturgeon's memo, that you might at least ask the question, did she really say that? What's the source? Have we got it on video or audio, have we got a witness with a decent reputation who is certain she said it? No Ed, we have a memo written by someone not at the meeting, who spoke with someone who was around when the meeting was on and overheard bits of the meeting, and the memo finishes by saying, some of the contents of this memo may have been 'lost in translation'.

What could possibly go wrong?

What I particularly enjoyed about your post was the complete lack of irony in your post criticising 'the Nationalist way' of 'independence at all costs'.

The memo was written by a civil servant who wasn't at the original meeting and therefore could not know what anyone at the meeting said verbatim. The memo ended with a warning that bits of the conversation about the meeting could have been 'lost in translation'. The only people with no vested interest in how this played out in a UK election were the French Embassy who denied there had been any discussion about whether Sturgeon favoured Milliband or Cameron.

The memo was leaked the day after Sturgeon was judged by many to have won a TV debate between all the main party leaders. It became the top story in the UK after she won that debate that a bloke who wasn't at the meeting and who said his memo might not be accurate said the SNP leader wanted the Tories rather than Labour to win. A few hours later Ed Milliband and Jim Murphy were on TV telling voters that the memo was 'proof' of why you can't trust the SNP... publicly they are saying lock the Tories out but privately they are wanting Cameron back as PM.

The guy who authorises the leak is then asked, did he know anything about the memo. 'These things happen' he tells one TV station and then tells another, 'The first I knew about this memo was when a journalist asked me about it'. An inquiry is ordered into the leak and by 9th April the press were reporting that Carmichael's special advisor was to be interviewed about the leak. The head of the civil service said he hoped the inquiry could publish its findings before the General Election, but it took 6 weeks after identifying the source of the leak to reveal who that was and who authorised the leak.

And you speak deadpan, about the 'Nationalist way' and 'independence at all costs'?

Milliband and Murphy haven't apologised for their interviews saying the memo was proof the SNP were liars. Carmichael has admitted he leaked the memo and it was inaccurate and he lied to cover up the leak and the Lib Dems have said he won't face any internal discipline by the party.

So what is your point? I voted Conservative. In what way am I being hypocritical?

There is plenty of proof that the SNP are liars. Apart from anything else they told Scotland that if you vote for the SNP they would keep Cameron out of 10 Downing Street and they would vote down any Queen Speech he made. Tell me how did they get on with that? The SNP also promised they would demand Full Fiscal Autonomy - Sturgeon even went so far as to ask Jim Murphy if he would back it in one of the Leader debates - yet today amongst their list of demands for more powers Full Fiscal Autonomy is missing. Should Sturgeon resign? Indeed just to round up the set what about Alex Salmonds disgraceful attempt to smear David Mundell over the aforementioned leak?

Not one Unionist MP, MSP, or special advisor who leaked the memo or used it in TV interviews had either the gumption or integrity to ask whether the memo was credible or true and instead thought, 'Excellent... we can use this to smear the SNP and hopefully take the momentum out their campaign whether it is true or not'... the Unionist way eh? Preserve the UK at all costs no matter what is best for their constituents or for Scotland!

You'd think if you were someone like Ed Milliband for example, about to give another TV interview during an election campaign, wanting to avoid any gaffes that could be replayed on TV for years to come and someone shows you the story about Sturgeon's memo, that you might at least ask the question, did she really say that? What's the source? Have we got it on video or audio, have we got a witness with a decent reputation who is certain she said it? No Ed, we have a memo written by someone not at the meeting, who spoke with someone who was around when the meeting was on and overheard bits of the meeting, and the memo finishes by saying, some of the contents of this memo may have been 'lost in translation'.

What could possibly go wrong?

Did David Cameron use the leaked memo? How did that go? "You should all vote for Labour to ensure I don't get elected cause Nicola Sturgeon supports me?"

You're trying to hang the wrong person. The Tories were innocent and it's disgraceful that nationalists like you are trying to smear them with your dishonest campaign. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson