Bute Feast 17Th - 18Th - 19Th July

Skerryvore will be on Friday night IoBS as they are playing Tiree Music Festival on the 18th and 19th..........they're well worth some of your time.

Pity both festivals are on at the same time as I would have headed over to Bute for the weekend as it would be my most local festival of the year but it's Tiree for me!!

Skerryvore will be on Friday night IoBS as they are playing Tiree Music Festival on the 18th and 19th..........they're well worth some of your time.

Pity both festivals are on at the same time as I would have headed over to Bute for the weekend as it would be my most local festival of the year but it's Tiree for me!!

Thanks for that I will be there on Friday night so will check them out.

Bought the full weekend ticket as that's all that's for sale , know plenty on the Island who are holding off to see if day tickets go on sale. £60 for a weekend is good value so a bit surprised Islanders don't support what could be a annual festival if successful. The main guy behind the festival owns Bute Brewery who is in a bit of a sweat regarding numbers thats why I put up some of the bands on here as I know a lot of Saints fans love music.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Thanks for that I will be there on Friday night so will check them out.

Bought the full weekend ticket as that's all that's for sale , know plenty on the Island who are holding off to see if day tickets go on sale. £60 for a weekend is good value so a bit surprised Islanders don't support what could be a annual festival if successful. The main guy behind the festival owns Bute Brewery who is in a bit of a sweat regarding numbers thats why I put up some of the bands on here as I know a lot of Saints fans love music.

You say £60 is good value and then say the guy is worried about numbers.I'm not surprised he's worried about numbers,how many people have that sort of money to spare for what is basically a list of unknown bands.

You say £60 is good value and then say the guy is worried about numbers.I'm not surprised he's worried about numbers,how many people have that sort of money to spare for what is basically a list of unknown bands.

It depends on what music you like HSS and I agree "whether you'll know a lot of these bands" is a valid concern. I also understand that these kind of festivals aren't for everyone.

The Tiree Music Festival is £75 for the weekend and is sold out months in advance every year, it has also picked up various awards including Best Small Festival at the UK Events Awards last year (2014).

Glastonbury or T-in-the-Park it certainly isn't but there is plenty to be enjoyed at ButeFest (over 40 bands over three days) and camping is free, I'd say that's decent value!!

Edited by WeeBud

WeeBud has explained it very well. Brocken down it works out at £20.00 per day that great value depending of course you are into this type of festival. There are not many concerts you can go to for £20.00 just for a few hours never mind a whole day seeing over 15 bands per day if you look at it that way

It's the first Bute Fest and to be honest have not seen it advertised only on the Island. If its a warm weekend then it stands a chance of being a sucsess only time will tell.