Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15

shull

Delighted with the 3 points but we have not turned a corner yet. Livi should have won that. Missed penalty and a string of good chances in the second half thwarted by Langfield. We probably shaded the first half but it was backs to the wall second half. For me the change of formation - yet again - nearly cost us precious points. From doing fine with a 4-4-2 to start with we changed it to a 4-1-2-3 leaving the midfield completely overrun. Thankfully we have Goody who was MoM again and the only one to tackle in the middle of the park. Mallan's strike was a thing of beauty but only one of two efforts on target the entire game. Cuddihy isn't a right back and Baird has his poorest game yet. A great 3 points but it could easily have been a defeat. Loads of work still to be done. After the Dunfermline game the second half was a real disappointment. But onwards and upwards smile.png

There is also a pattern here , whereby , we do well in the first half and dominate . The other team, then get spoken to at half time, they then come out and press us for 45mins stretching our team to the limit and then usually grasping victory out of the teeth of a defeat for them . Yesterday was different because we somehow hung on to get the resounding 0-1 win. .

4 points ahead of us isn't a strong position

good trick, say something different to what i said and purport it to be the same

QOS ARE in a very good position for such a small club that has a lower level of resource than some of the teams they are ahead of.

if we had made as good a job of rebuilding then we would be ahead of them and a few others just now

try thinking about the likes of Falkirk and hibs who have a game in hand over us

They could be 11 & 12 points ahead of us if they win those

Their game in hand are against each other on Tues night.Can they both win to go 11 & 12 points ahead of us?

What exactly was Murray doing he was like a lion at edinburgh zoo. Walking back and forth in tech area

Seems a weird guy

Between that and usually talking shit to Spalding seems a weird guy

That's the way shite on top of him and stamp it in with both feet. Agree tactics can be frustrating but the guy is a bud and at 34 years a very young manager. It was a board decision to appoint him not Ian Murray. It's the board I question more than Ian Murray though I will point out I am no board hater. For me it was a very strange appointment given his age and how many goals Dumbarton shipped last season. The manager needs support in the form of an experienced guy to come in and give him some guidance. At his age probably man management handling people especially a dressing room will not be easy board need to take notice and support the man.

That's the way shite on top of him and stamp it in with both feet. Agree tactics can be frustrating but the guy is a bud and at 34 years a very young manager. It was a board decision to appoint him not Ian Murray. It's the board I question more than Ian Murray though I will point out I am no board hater. For me it was a very strange appointment given his age and how many goals Dumbarton shipped last season. The manager needs support in the form of an experienced guy to come in and give him some guidance. At his age probably man management handling people especially a dressing room will not be easy board need to take notice and support the man.

You can't polish a turd!

Well pointed out which game and on what date that one of them could indeed be 11 - 12 points ahead!

Does that help you out in the pedantics dept..?

LP tries to wriggle out of another of his mistakes.

Can you not just admit you got it wrong?

Had a good chuckle at various attempts to re-write the facts from saturdays game. Especially the ones suggesting Agnew put Mallan in for his goal with a 'slotted pass'.... Or it was a'Great Assist'....

It was his bog standard panicked BACK PASS he makes when his bottle has gone and he doesnt know what to do or how to take responsibility. Mallan however had only one intention and that was to take responsibility to work the keeper, and he got his reward with a peach of a strike.

Watch the video above and you'll see that "slotted pass", "geat assist" or "Bottling It".... What can't speak can't lie..!

“Fantastic result for us first and foremost. In this league points are vital away from home and we’ve got a good record away. Performance-wise it wasn’t our best, we know we can do better with the ball but without the ball I thought today that our work-rate and the way we pressed it and the way we threw ourselves in front of things in the defensive third was excellent and full credit to the players.”

If the work-rate and pressing had been anywhere near good enough we wouldn't have needed to throw ourselves in front of anything.

Yeah I think ' great assist ' is pushing it. He actually over hits the short backwards pass and Mallan has to tidy it up before he sticks it in the top corner.

Thought Agnew was poor again on Saturday, second half especially, he gave the ball away repeatedly. It was no surprise when he was hooked and it won't be a surprise if he's dropped on Sunday.

Yeah I think ' great assist ' is pushing it. He actually over hits the short backwards pass and Mallan has to tidy it up before he sticks it in the top corner.

Thought Agnew was poor again on Saturday, second half especially, he gave the ball away repeatedly. It was no surprise when he was hooked and it won't be a surprise if he's dropped on Sunday.

He'd be a liability against the vermin. Bench warming duties beckon again for our super summer signing.

Apparently police looking a few folk who were singing bad songs on the train back to central.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13878655.Police_hunt_St_Mirren_fans_over__religiously_offensive__singing/

thumbdown.gif

The only "religiously offensive" song I can think Saints Fans would be singing would be the one that ends in FTP and FTQ.

Did Thistle fans not question the fact that the song was "religiously offensive" and win their argument?

The only "religiously offensive" song I can think Saints Fans would be singing would be the one that ends in FTP and FTQ.

Did Thistle fans not question the fact that the song was "religiously offensive" and win their argument?

Support was boisterous on saturday but wouldn't say anything sung (at the game) was being particularly offensive

Probably was that song you refer to