Scottish Independence Model Is Dead

Stuart Dickson

It's almost as if the brainwashing has been effective:

http://www.tns-bmrb.co.uk/press-release/snp-shrugs-opposition-attacks-increase-holyrood-poll-lead

Doesn't seem to matter what happens, support just seems to increase. Cultish behaviour from the people of Scotland, just one letter removed from the past behaviours exhibited towards them by the London based parties.

The thing I like best about that report , was the no support for the Trident replacement. Shows a bit of sanity amongst our folk. .

You guys posting on this thread, massaging each others egos and comforting Herr Dixon, do know what ultimately happens when you go round and round in ever decreasing circles? :unsure:

yes you continue to go round and round in ever decreasing circles indefinitely approaching but never reaching the speed of light.

What you are describing is a classic problem in discrete mathematics. If each circle is a fraction of the previous circle then you never get to the centre of rotation. your centripetal force will increase because angular acceleration will increase with reducing radius of rotation. this causes an increase in velocity. eventually you will approach the speed of light and that will cause your mass to increase as relativity effects kick in.

tbh i dont see the relevance of this to this thread but blimey it was fun answering it. are you suggesting that we will all get fat?

that just seems rude.

Edited by oaksoft

yes you continue to go round and round in ever decreasing circles indefinitely approaching but never reaching the speed of light.

What you are describing is a classic problem in discrete mathematics. If each circle is a fraction of the previous circle then you never get to the centre of rotation. your centripetal force will increase because angular acceleration will increase with reducing radius of rotation. this causes an increase in velocity. eventually you will approach the speed of light and that will cause your mass to increase as relativity effects kick in.

tbh i dont see the relevance of this to this thread but blimey it was fun answering it. are you suggesting that we will all get fat?

that just seems rude.

I DO like your reply, but...

What I was politely suggesting was the more commonplace metaphor of disappearing up your own arse but, as you're demonstrably already there, I accept your need for fresh force fields and pastures new, in which you will get fatter. :)

I DO like your reply, but...

What I was politely suggesting was the more commonplace metaphor of disappearing up your own arse but, as you're demonstrably already there, I accept your need for fresh force fields and pastures new, in which you will get fatter. :)

i do love the idea of POLITELY telling someone they are disappearing up their own arse. lol.

merry christmas :-)

• 2 weeks later...

You fire away Bluto. The thread was started by me to chart the gradual death of Scottish Independence and you are simply highlighting the fact that in just 7 months the SNP have had to deal with yet another high profile sleaze scandal within the party. And all in the week when they launch yet another campaign pledging, yet again, to spend taxpayers money on a middle class bribe.

Guest TPAFKATS

A dedicated forum where the yoons can cream their drawers really would be best.

I would point out that there is no high profile sleaze scandal here and nothing criminal or scandalous yet found in the other 2 stories - however bluto knows this and is just fishing for luckies.

You fire away Bluto. The thread was started by me to chart the gradual death of Scottish Independence and you are simply highlighting the fact that in just 7 months the SNP have had to deal with yet another high profile sleaze scandal within the party. And all in the week when they launch yet another campaign pledging, yet again, to spend taxpayers money on a middle class bribe.

The right wing nationalist sleaze continues.

While the party continues their cuts and taxing the poor to bribe the middle class whilst following their racist nationalist agenda, their MPs continue to dip into the trough.

Not something that the Tories would ever do, of course!!! biggrin.png

Edited by smcc

On an individual level, sleazy perhaps although no law was broken, hypocritical most definitely.

I have no need for my political representatives to be Saints but slips like this make the SNP look incompetent at best and hypocritical at worst.

The SNP are far from perfect, that is undoubtedly true. .

Nor do I agree with all their policies, at all. .

However, as far as I know , they haven't dragged us into any pointless wars -that mainly targets civilians - nor have they fired rockets at dubious targets in our name. .

Nor have they assisted the "suicide" of a leading government scientist who was determined to tell the truth and thwart their war. .

wink.png

Is it really asking to much to expect a set of politicians who are not either creaming the expenses teat the second they arrive in London or who are not engaged in fraud or unethical businesses, tax evasion or tax avoidance?

Personally I am sick to death of the "no rules were broken" bollox. If you are found to be deliberately milking the system you should be removed immediately. Forget breaking the rules. We need to incorporate a "breaking the spirit of the rules" test as well and that barrier should be very much lower.

What is clearly wrong here is the vetting system for new MPs. There are no barriers to entry despite the rewards being so high.

That means we are open to all manner of scum chancing their arm to get in.

We even had Reynard trying it.

Reynard FFS !!!!

This is a serious problem which is running like a cancer throughout politics and it infects ALL parties.

Is it really asking to much to expect a set of politicians who are not either creaming the expenses teat the second they arrive in London or who are not engaged in fraud or unethical businesses, tax evasion or tax avoidance?

Personally I am sick to death of the "no rules were broken" bollox. If you are found to be deliberately milking the system you should be removed immediately. Forget breaking the rules. We need to incorporate a "breaking the spirit of the rules" test as well and that barrier should be very much lower.

What is clearly wrong here is the vetting system for new MPs. There are no barriers to entry despite the rewards being so high.

That means we are open to all manner of scum chancing their arm to get in.

We even had Reynard trying it.

Reynard FFS !!!!

This is a serious problem which is running like a cancer throughout politics and it infects ALL parties.

I'm not corrupt or a hypocrite like SNP politicians though.