St Mirren V Partick Thistle Scottish Cup Friday 8/1/15

shull

Loving how both clubs are marketing this game!

They both have made an arse of it, having to extend 2 deadlines because of poor demand.

Should have kept it at 12 quid or even a Tenner all the way up to kick off.

The last 3 Scottish Cup ties between us were cash at the gate with reasonable prices

Result was over 8000 for each of 2 of the matches and nearly 10000 for the other.

I'm sure you've got an excuse at the ready for not being able to get you or any of your friends/family to the ground for this mornings flash sale.

Not from Paisley so impossible to get there. Anyway I would never countenance the thought of having to traipse to a football ground, go back home and then have to return for the game. The ground will be half empty as ever, so it should always be pay at the gate regardless.

Still hope Saints win but my patience with their money grabbing antics is wearing painfully thin.

And surely the Boards would only keep the discount going if the demand for Tickets was shite, not high.

The St Mirren and Partick Thistle Boards are totally ripping the pish out of football supporters.

They should hang their heads in shame.

Twenty f**king quid and a Friday night.

COYS

Not from Paisley so impossible to get there. Anyway I would never countenance the thought of having to traipse to a football ground, go back home and then have to return for the game. The ground will be half empty as ever, so it should always be pay at the gate regardless.

Still hope Saints win but my patience with their money grabbing antics is wearing painfully thin.

Indeed, it is absolutely outrageous that fans have to go the Stadium to buy tickets then return later for the Match when it will be half empty.

Hopeless shower of shite.

Although I have some sympathy with parts of your argument there was an option to buy at £12.00 and pick up your tickets on the night which was running for a while and also the £15.00 period. This , could have been done online or today by phone.

Although I have some sympathy with parts of your argument there was an option to buy at £12.00 and pick up your tickets on the night which was running for a while and also the £15.00 period. This , could have been done online or today by phone.

I see, Bud, but my real point is that I refuse to pay £20 (or even if it was slightly reduced for a one-off match) to watch a Second division team who never win at home and have NO decent players. Of course there are still lots of fans who are resigned to be paying what I consider to be over the odds, and thats their choice.

I am perhaps cutting my snout off to spite my face, but I am just taking a personal stand against ticket prices and will not be back unless it changes.

Ive said it before but if whoever runs Saints can only do it by charging £20 a time, then thats their problem and crowds will dwindle further. I can personally afford to pay that amount, but plenty of fans cannot and unless a stand is taken against this kind of thing, nothing will change.

Indeed, it is absolutely outrageous that fans have to go the Stadium to buy tickets then return later for the Match when it will be half empty.

Hopeless shower of shite.

They don't. Fans can call the ticket office, buy their discounted tickets over the phone, and collect them from the ticket pick up points tonight.

I see, Bud, but my real point is that I refuse to pay £20 (or even if it was slightly reduced for a one-off match) to watch a Second division team who never win at home and have NO decent players. Of course there are still lots of fans who are resigned to be paying what I consider to be over the odds, and thats their choice.

I am perhaps cutting my snout off to spite my face, but I am just taking a personal stand against ticket prices and will not be back unless it changes.

Ive said it before but if whoever runs Saints can only do it by charging £20 a time, then thats their problem and crowds will dwindle further. I can personally afford to pay that amount, but plenty of fans cannot and unless a stand is taken against this kind of thing, nothing will change.

Hard on one hand to criticise ticket pricing then on the other lambast the club for having poor players.

Proven quality costs money that we simply don't have, albeit the last two managers squandered what we did have which has left the squad poorer than it should be.

On general ticketing I paid £291 for my season ticket this season, and the boy got his for £0.

So £291 covers 18 home games plus 1 cup game. 19 matches, works out at £15 a match for a father and son to get in. I personally think that is outstanding value for money.

Unfortunately we can't guarantee the team is going to win every week. That is part and parcel of sport. You take your chances going into any game that it will turn out to be a lot of pish.

I think the club is pretty much damned if they do, damned if they don't sometimes. Never going to please everyone.

The Clubs could still have made it 10 or 12 quid right up to kick off.

One game one price.

Boards probably want a replay to f**k us about again.

Maybe play it on a Sunday morning 9am kick off.

Why would pay at the gate at discounted prices not be an option ? There is no segregation, we are all friends, we want a big crowd I assume.

This wee window of opportunity to buy a discounted ticket ( gone now ) presumably created a wee frenzy of activity for the operatives in the ticket office for a couple of fun filled hours.

Now its back to full price, a wee bit of a peculiar incentive in my opinion. Fiddling around the margins to no great effect, but its 'the fitba', so normal doesn't apply

And some can't.

Tickets went on sale in the middle of December. I fail to believe that someone who can roll up tonight to the game couldn't have picked up the phone anytime since 16th December to book a discounted ticket. That's nonsense.

Why would pay at the gate at discounted prices not be an option ? There is no segregation, we are all friends, we want a big crowd I assume.

This wee window of opportunity to buy a discounted ticket ( gone now ) presumably created a wee frenzy of activity for the operatives in the ticket office for a couple of fun filled hours.

Now its back to full price, a wee bit of a peculiar incentive in my opinion. Fiddling around the margins to no great effect, but its 'the fitba', so normal doesn't apply

To be fair mate the discounted tickets have been available since December 16th. None of this is new.

I don't disagree that £20 on the night is a bit steep but it's not as though this has all been sprung on people. If someone could afford to pay £15 tonight they could afford to pay £15 over the phone yesterday surely ?

They don't. Fans can call the ticket office, buy their discounted tickets over the phone, and collect them from the ticket pick up points tonight.

Just as a matter of interest, Div, why is it necessary to buy a ticket in advance when the ground is nearly empty ? Is it not conceivable that lots of people decide, maybe at the last minute depending on weather conditions etc, whether to go to a match or not ? Admittedly for some matches this wouldnt be possible, but NEVER for a Saints match as our crowds are paltry.

Its just another tedious diversion by my team to make it more difficult to attend a match.And thats even before you see the complete dross on show.

Tickets went on sale in the middle of December. I fail to believe that someone who can roll up tonight to the game couldn't have picked up the phone anytime since 16th December to book a discounted ticket. That's nonsense.

Impulsive match attendance in the past must have been a decent earner. Point is the ticketing policy now massivley reduces impulsive match attendance and makes it easier for people to simply cock a snook, waft their arms and say , pint and a packet of chesse and onion please.

Many people are picking up their first pay since mid-december just now and going to the football may not be at the top of their list. There are a few people who will go tonight who would love to have but couldn't or daren't spend their cash until the last minute.

I'm a bit stunned by both the tone and content of that post.

Many may decide to go to the Match between now and kick off. So let's punish them with a 20 quid ticket price.

Disgraceful.

Just as a matter of interest, Div, why is it necessary to buy a ticket in advance when the ground is nearly empty ? Is it not conceivable that lots of people decide, maybe at the last minute depending on weather conditions etc, whether to go to a match or not ? Admittedly for some matches this wouldnt be possible, but NEVER for a Saints match as our crowds are paltry.

Its just another tedious diversion by my team to make it more difficult to attend a match.And thats even before you see the complete dross on show.

This isn't the first time the club has done early bird pricing on games, and nor are we the only club that's ever done it.

It's impossible to know what the impact will be on the gate, positive or negative, but both clubs agreed to it. It took me about 1 minute to login and charge the game to my season ticket card for £15 and that was only because I was lazy and missed the £12 offer in December. I don't see that as being difficult, in fact it's very convenient. I remember heading to Love Street at 5am one Saturday morning to queue up for tickets for a Scottish Cup game. THAT was making games difficult to attend.

I appreciate that Friday is an inconvenience to some, but on the flip side there will be plenty who can now go who wouldn't otherwise have been able to go on a Saturday?

I do agree that £20 on the night is a bit steep but the switching off date and the staggered ticket pricing, the mixed zones and the other stuff the clubs are doing around this game I think are all worth a go IMO.