Farewell David Bowie

saintstu

you don't seriously like that band do you?

I like them. Yeah. I like a ton of different stuff though. Currently listening to a 'Blaxploitation' movie compilation CD featuring soul, disco and R&B from the 1970s days of big afro hair, 'Shaft' movies and fashion faux-pas... Before that it was the Wolf Alice debut album, before that a Charlatans compilation...

Hopefully you got the joke in my text about inviting you outside to 'Fix You'. Or am I the one being wooooshed!?

Edited by pozbaird

Guest TPAFKATS

& yet he still recorded the god awful version of dancing in the street with Jagger. & dont bother with the "he done it for live aid " charity pish ........ that doesn`t excuse the video !! tongue.png

It was the 80s, does that excuse it?

Left £70 millions in his will. Thought he would have been worth a lot more huh.png

Let's say he spent £400k a year for each of the past 45 years (really not that unrealistic), that would mean he was averaging approximately £2,000,000 per year income after tax, probably closer to £3,500,000 per year before tax. Not too shabby considering he barely toured for most of the past 20 years and lived off of royalties alone for a large chunk of that time too.

Let's say he spent £400k a year for each of the past 45 years (really not that unrealistic), that would mean he was averaging approximately £2,000,000 per year income after tax, probably closer to £3,500,000 per year before tax. Not too shabby considering he barely toured for most of the past 20 years and lived off of royalties alone for a large chunk of that time too.

Fair comment as long as he wasn't paying his tax like google lol.gif

Should not be surprised though good news Bowies albums are getting the vinyl treatment. In the collection is Ziggy and Honky Dory so will add Aladdin Sian that being the most important three albums for me. The piano on the track Aladdin Sian blow me away last year never picked up on that piano when first had the album as a young lad , its mental notes but fits in perfectly.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint