Sugar Tax

Isle Of Bute Saint

Not the OMD album , the new idea of Sugar Tax being floated around which Tory MPs are wetting their lips at the thought of raising more cash. If it goes straight to the NHS then its a good idea.

However what's next a fat tax. A processed food tax after all they are not good for your health or your hips.

Education is the answer along with working with the producers of sugary drinks and foods. Sugar is in nearly everything you purchase so will we see a rise in food also or will this be by a certain weight of sugar in products. 1ltr of Coke holds around 48 table spoons of sugar that is excess but must admit I like a bit of coke in my vodka when on that spirit.

Thoughts sweeties.

Being a type 1 diabetic I never realised how much sugar was added to foods until I was diagnosed. As you mention it is all about educating people about what to eat. I can sort of understand why the government want to introduce this tax but think there is a better alternative and that is to educate people about added sugar in food.

I carbo count which normally means every time I buy something I am checking the sugar content and then doing my calculation before taking my insulin.

Education costs money, taxes raise money. It's got nothing to do with health. Which (education or tax) do you think they will consider the better idea?

Education costs money, taxes raise money. It's got nothing to do with health. Which (education or tax) do you think they will consider the better idea?

That's why I wrote MPs are watering themselves at the thought of raising more cash. As chalky has pointed out sugar is in almost everything so foods costs will go up how will that effect votes. Alcohol is loaded with sugar , bread , sauces it is never ending so how do you go about this. Is everyone going to accept a food tax as that is what it amounts too

Not the OMD album , the new idea of Sugar Tax being floated around which Tory MPs are wetting their lips at the thought of raising more cash. If it goes straight to the NHS then its a good idea.

However what's next a fat tax. A processed food tax after all they are not good for your health or your hips.

Education is the answer along with working with the producers of sugary drinks and foods. Sugar is in nearly everything you purchase so will we see a rise in food also or will this be by a certain weight of sugar in products. 1ltr of Coke holds around 48 table spoons of sugar that is excess but must admit I like a bit of coke in my vodka when on that spirit.

Thoughts sweeties.

WE have cultural problems with alcohol, smoking and fat/sugar.

Both of these are causing serious stress on the NHS.

People have had education on this for decades and they won't take personal responsibility so the only alternative to the surging NHS bill is to start taxing the tits off this stuff. All of it.

Certainly processed food should never be cheaper than fresh stuff.

It doesn't really matter to me if it doesn't go back to the NHS because in essence they shouldn't need it if the scheme works because people will be healthier.

There should be a blanket marketing and advertising ban on all processed foods.

Is this thread about the album from Orchestral Manoeuvres in the D....oh hang on.....

Always read the first post. Anyway long time no see what have you been up to these days. Are you still up in Aberdeen.

I'm up there for a consultation on Friday March the 4th. Then drive down to Broughty Ferry staying at the Fort always good for a night out. Saturday onto Kirkcaldy for the Raith game. If Interested drop me a pm Greig.

Always read the first post. Anyway long time no see what have you been up to these days. Are you still up in Aberdeen.

I'm up there for a consultation on Friday March the 4th. Then drive down to Broughty Ferry staying at the Fort always good for a night out. Saturday onto Kirkcaldy for the Raith game. If Interested drop me a pm Greig.

I did Ian, I was just kidding on. :)

There should be a fat bastard tax. Its the bloating up of the general population that is a problem. Our healthcare system is universal and funded by everyone whether they look after themselves or whether they dont. The onus should be on personal responsibility rather than an authoritarian approach. But while we have a taxpayer funded all inclusive system of healthcare no matter what you choose to do to your body then you'll get treated for free regardless. Rightly or wrongly, thats the system we have. We either put up with increasing costs of the state "looking after" everyone, and nonsense like this. Or we go another route.

Its all taxpayer funded regardless and people are always claiming they are willing to pay more for healthcare so crack on.

And no. I wasn't serious about taxing fat f**ks.