Scottish Election 2016

shull

In another post yesterday, didn't you say no government is ever going to make a difference to anyone's ability to get a good job or get on in life, and it was about time people realised this and stopped expecting politicians to deliver anything and folk should get off their arses and take responsibility for themselves?

Maybe folk listened to you and that's why the turnout was low. Maybe you got through and a whole swathe of the population said, 'fcuk voting for any politician then, they make no difference' and they were most certainly not looking for one with vision and a compelling story to enthuse them to get out and vote.

Voter apathy? Damn right there was. The way the Scottish independence referendum ended as a fractuous, bitter, divisive experience. The apparent inability of Nicola Sturgeon to shut her fcuking gob about 'indy 2' and allow the nation to collectively calm down a bit for a few years - and I say that as a 'yes' voter and someone who likes and voted yesterday for my local SNP candidate Jamie Hepburn. The ongoing 'Euro Brexit' bullshit - which is following much of the scaremongering shenanigans of our 'indy 1' vote with the public having little of substance on which to base their decision. The arse falling out of Scottish Labour with little to inspire their traditional voters to get off their arse and vote. The arse fell out of the Lib Dems world the day Nick Clegg threw away the massive upturn in their fortunes he personally generated - before dropping his boxers and taking it up the arse for David Cameron.

For these reasons, and more, I absolutely believe voter apathy certainly exists. Looks like the Ruth Davidson effect has helped her party do better, and my guess is that for many who voted Tory, they suddenly hadn't found their inner Toryness... they knew Scottish Labour were fooked and were voting against nippy sweetie Sturgeon, who is now actually turning folk off voting SNP due to her apparent inability to accept the undependence referendum was lost, and like a spoilt child, is scweaming and scweaming and will not stop kicking her wee legs until she gets what she wants. My advice to her is very simple. For fcuk sake, shut. the. fcuk. up. about. independence.... for a good while. You lost.

Rant over.

My point was more to do about what was the CAUSE of the low turnout. You then go on to make my point for me. Voter apathy is a symptom rather than the cause but yes technically you are correct.

As for politicians having an impact on my job, I stand by that. I dont need my MSPs or MPs providing me with a job. I want them to domthings which make the world a better place. For example funding an entire cycle network away from cars throughout every town and city, legalising same sex marriage for example.

Guest TPAFKATS

He didn't just shaft Scotland... He shafted the whole of the UK by blindly refusing to listen to the electorate and believing he was beyond reproach.

He surrounded himself with sycophants and went on a power trip covered by spin.

He killed labour as an electable force in Scotland and too many relics from his gravy train remain at a local level for the electorate to yet trust them... as Corbyn is finding out.

A similar approach to his hero Thatcher across North of England, Wales and Scotland.

My point was more to do about what was the CAUSE of the low turnout. You then go on to make my point for me. Voter apathy is a symptom rather than the cause but yes technically you are correct.

Aye, whatever! So basically, yes, no, no, yes, aye, naw, maybes, aye and naw.

Glad you cleared that up. Fcuking murder knowing if you're reading an Oaksoft or StuDick post. Both in equal measure baffling as each other.

Gie's a signing! I agree with Drew! FFS!

Shull ok I have apologized but don't confuse that be being belittled or making me out to be racist. This is not about people its about parties and policies.I am Irish by blood, and I also know of the massive political upheavel between the two countries, but lets not go there.The Tories, once upon a time, did represent the people then along popped thatcher and since then its been any man/woman for themselves which is also why better together won, the fear factor- remember- Banks will leave, shipyards shut, no currency blah blah blah .Hey I am happily open to hearing why the Tories are a Scottish solution. Trust me SNP aren't, they are a way to Independence, they should not be a party in power, but a party to open the way to power.What I have seen of the tories/ and indeed Labour on a national scale has been nothing short of a disgrace and I worry about their ties with racist and homophobic orgs. America is about to go in meltdown with Trump feeding fury, I don't want any part of that. I also like you have kids...So there you go. I will leave this thread and go concentrate on why I am here.......... The Revolution of the Mind that is Saints

Big talk for a poster who talked about people being "poofy" in a rant yesterday.

Now apparently you worry about homophobia?

.Apologies if I offended anyone here, I get very passionate when it comes to my country, and I solely belief that Scottish and British is about as possible as being Irish and.......

Sanctimonious pish.

People on both sides of the Indy vote are passionate about Scotland.

Your failure to recognise that is your problem.

How the hell ANY of that justifies a homophobic rant is bryond me.

Are you 14 years old FFS?

Aye, whatever! So basically, yes, no, no, yes, aye, naw, maybes, aye and naw.

Glad you cleared that up. Fcuking murder knowing if you're reading an Oaksoft or StuDick post. Both in equal measure baffling as each other.

Gie's a signing! I agree with Drew! FFS!

I continually over estimate your ability to follow a simple line of argument.

Even when we are agreeing with each other as we are over this issue you lack the basic intelligence to realise it.

LOL you do make me laugh.....

Edited by oaksoft

A similar approach to his hero Thatcher across North of England, Wales and Scotland.

In many ways yes...

As I said... Absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

Sturgeon will go on to prove that further.

Main difference between Thatcher and Blair was not in policy, but in attitude to the unions.

Thatcher inherited a mess of a country where the unions ruled the roost.

Absolute power had corrupted absolutely there too and our economy was in teminal decline.

Blair was appointed with the blessings of the Unions and put our economy back into terminal decline.

I continually over estimate your ability to follow a simple line of argument.

Even when we are agreeing with each other as we are over this issue you lack the basic intelligence to realise it.

LOL you do make me laugh.....

No, I do get it. Never wrong, preachy, back-peddling, whataboutery and general flim-flam with more than a whiff of a superiority complex.

If I make you laugh though, my work here is done.

Don't get me wrong, I am not asking, nor expecting, talk of independence to have disappeared following the 'no' vote. I voted for independence. I can only speak for myself, and my take on it is that for many nationalists, having garnered a very respectable amount of 'yes' votes, they seem to think they were cheated out of victory and were wronged - and like a dog unwilling to let go of a bone, aren't about to let it go either. What part of the result can't they grasp? An election took place and the 'no' vote won. That fact seems unpalatable for some and they seemingly want to impose the minority will on the country. Ach well, gie's a signing or ten!

I'm pretty much in the same boat to be honest however anyone who thinks last night was a great result (when it comes to the Indy genie) beacause the SNP no longer have an overall majority are kidding themselves on. The pro indy camp within the Scottish Govt is even stronger after last night despite how the Tories or anyone else is spinning it.

What a night.. SNP losing its majority and a Tory surge into second place.

Fantastic stuff all round, beyond even the most optimistic Tories wildest dreams.

They will have as much influnce as Labour did with their 2nd place last time round. It was a stright Labour pro Union protest vote nothing more nothing less and they will have the sqaure root of hee haw say on anything exactly as Labour did. Very little changed last night it's like Hearts or Aberdeen swapping 2nd place in the SPFL still irrelevant !

Shull ok I have apologized but don't confuse that be being belittled or making me out to be racist. This is not about people its about parties and policies.

I am Irish by blood, and I also know of the massive political upheavel between the two countries, but lets not go there.

The Tories, once upon a time, did represent the people then along popped thatcher and since then its been any man/woman for themselves which is also why better together won, the fear factor- remember- Banks will leave, shipyards shut, no currency blah blah blah .

Hey I am happily open to hearing why the Tories are a Scottish solution. Trust me SNP aren't, they are a way to Independence, they should not be a party in power, but a party to open the way to power.

What I have seen of the tories/ and indeed Labour on a national scale has been nothing short of a disgrace and I worry about their ties with racist and homophobic orgs. America is about to go in meltdown with Trump feeding fury, I don't want any part of that. I also like you have kids...

So there you go. I will leave this thread and go concentrate on why I am here.......... The Revolution of the Mind that is Saints

I fell asleep. Zzzzzzzz

Back to say.... Cheerio.

Sanctimonious pish.

People on both sides of the Indy vote are passionate about Scotland.

Your failure to recognise that is your problem.

How the hell ANY of that justifies a homophobic rant is bryond me.

Are you 14 years old FFS?

No I am not 14, but you must be 4. And my apology was to TC not you and your previous right wing ramblimgs. You and your Nazi sidekick SD.

I am sure you have a mask with two holes in it.

Mate, this is general nonsense, but thanks for the " I AM RIGHT" lecture. As for me spouting pish, long time ago I just skipped over your comments on anything. You obviously don't like yourself much.

Homophobic look it up- seems to be a very popular word with you.

I don't think true Scots should vote Tory and what they represent

Its called a view point. Get over it

Edited by DougJamie

No I am not 14, but you must be 4. And my apology was to TC not you and your previous right wing ramblimgs. You and your Nazi sidekick SD.

I am sure you have a mask with two holes in it.

Mate, this is general nonsense, but thanks for the " I AM RIGHT" lecture. As for me spouting pish, long time ago I just skipped over your comments on anything. You obviously don't like yourself much.

Homophobic look it up- seems to be a very popular word with you.

I don't think true Scots should vote Tory and what they represent

Its called a view point. Get over it

Again.....Deary me! lol.gif

What is a true Scot FFS?

I would rather have a decent human being who respects all other decent human beings, no matter what.

Maybe a true Scot was the dude in my Cab earlier who bad mouthed the English because, in his words stated..

"Those English cnuts get aw the good weather while we get aw the shite up here. "

Maybe his name was Doug.

In many ways yes...

As I said... Absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

Sturgeon will go on to prove that further.

Main difference between Thatcher and Blair was not in policy, but in attitude to the unions.

Thatcher inherited a mess of a country where the unions ruled the roost.

Absolute power had corrupted absolutely there too and our economy was in teminal decline.

Blair was appointed with the blessings of the Unions and put our economy back into terminal decline.

Geez us, we now have Thatcherittes on here FFS

Are you serious- Did you go to school in Gordonston and miss the 80s or were you born after?

Thatcher- Shut Scotland. Killed our steel, ship building and closed mines without a care for the thousands of families it impacted. Yes she inherited a mess but she left an evil dynasty that the futures govts still peddle in

And I get upset over facists like you??

Blair was a tory in all by name. He created New Labour, which was in fact centre Tory. Look it up!!

You know sticks and stones and all that, and the fact you have a wee pack going on here, its like being in the playground, I am sure you think Jimmy Saville was a good DJ!!

Open your eyes for god sakes. I sincerely hope , if you have kids, you don't cloud them with this. Men Camp made more sense than Thatcher.

The woman who took Britain to war to win her power.

Looks like we have a split. Very Scottish!! Maybe Shull that's what a true scot is. But hey I thought it was patriotism and national pride and respect for the values and best interests of our nation.

Free country entitled to own opinions on that- Je suis Tory- FFS

In the future,, when it all boils down to it...

The United Kingdom will be split into Regions and governed by Europe.

And we will all be True Regionalised European Dudes.

Even Doug.

Geez us, we now have Thatcherittes on here FFS

Are you serious- Did you go to school in Gordonston and miss the 80s or were you born after?

Thatcher- Shut Scotland. Killed our steel, ship building and closed mines without a care for the thousands of families it impacted. Yes she inherited a mess but she left an evil dynasty that the futures govts still peddle in

And I get upset over facists like you??

Blair was a tory in all by name. He created New Labour, which was in fact centre Tory. Look it up!!

You know sticks and stones and all that, and the fact you have a wee pack going on here, its like being in the playground, I am sure you think Jimmy Saville was a good DJ!!

Open your eyes for god sakes. I sincerely hope , if you have kids, you don't cloud them with this. Men Camp made more sense than Thatcher.

The woman who took Britain to war to win her power.

Looks like we have a split. Very Scottish!! Maybe Shull that's what a true scot is. But hey I thought it was patriotism and national pride and respect for the values and best interests of our nation.

Free country entitled to own opinions on that- Je suis Tory- FFS

Not a decent human being.

Did the snp have a majority to lose?

According to the stv analysis last night ( obviously once the polls had closed) the snp haven't had a majority since Margo died and her seat wasn't filled. This was after they had 2 list msp's who became independents.

Well the SNP had a majority after the last election. After this election, they don't.

The numbers don't lie:

post-13994-14625424626943_thumb.jpg

SNP seats down, Labour seats down, Tory seats up. Delicious!

Geez us, we now have Thatcherittes on here FFSAre you serious- Did you go to school in Gordonston and miss the 80s or were you born after?Thatcher- Shut Scotland. Killed our steel, ship building and closed mines without a care for the thousands of families it impacted. Yes she inherited a mess but she left an evil dynasty that the futures govts still peddle inAnd I get upset over facists like you??Blair was a tory in all by name. He created New Labour, which was in fact centre Tory. Look it up!!You know sticks and stones and all that, and the fact you have a wee pack going on here, its like being in the playground, I am sure you think Jimmy Saville was a good DJ!!Open your eyes for god sakes. I sincerely hope , if you have kids, you don't cloud them with this. Men Camp made more sense than Thatcher.The woman who took Britain to war to win her power.Looks like we have a split. Very Scottish!! Maybe Shull that's what a true scot is. But hey I thought it was patriotism and national pride and respect for the values and best interests of our nation.Free country entitled to own opinions on that- Je suis Tory- FFS

As meltdowns go this is a f**king cracker.

Even Hitler gets an indirect mention.