Scottish Election 2016

shull

Cause Tory = Anti Scottish, back stabbing, front stabbing, tax dodging , pig phucking, public school upper class tossers. But I am not telling you what I really think. Tories hate people, themselves and only love money and power.

Any one that votes for them is totally self absorbed

See any Scot that votes Tory, is the same Scot that fought against the Scots at battles. the same poofy Scots that's had no courage to leave the Empire of London. And therefore wankstains.

Hope that answered your why Shullester

This is utterly appalling and horribly despicable. It is entirely a person's own right to vote for whomsoever they wish without being subjected to personal abuse, homophobia and something close to racism.

We are edging ever closer to a North Korea/Burma style one party state and there are some SNP voters who are happily contributing to the oppression that goes with it.

The democracy that we enjoy today took hundreds, if not thousands, of years to evolve and there are people who have died fighting to establish and preserve it. It is a vital part of that democracy that a person is free to vote for whichever party he/she wished without being repressed and attacked for doing so.

You should be ashamed of yourself for such a disgusting post. Oh, and away and fuck yourself!

This is utterly appalling and horribly despicable. It is entirely a person's own right to vote for whomsoever they wish without being subjected to personal abuse, homophobia and something close to racism.

We are edging ever closer to a North Korea/Burma style one party state and there are some SNP voters who are happily contributing to the oppression that goes with it.

The democracy that we enjoy today took hundreds, if not thousands, of years to evolve and there are people who have died fighting to establish and preserve it. It is a vital part of that democracy that a person is free to vote for whichever party he/she wished without being repressed and attacked for doing so.

You should be ashamed of yourself for such a disgusting post. Oh, and away and fuck yourself!

You lose credibility when you end a post which complains about personal abuse with the line "away and f**k yourself".

You also lose credibility when you compare the SNP to two countries whose governing parties are responsible for genocide.

Right now the SNP are hugely popular. Its time for Labour and Tory parties to sit down, dry their collective eyes and come up with some creative and exciting policies to entice those voters back. The Tories and Labour are defined by their hatred of the SNP rather than their own policies. That makes them unelectable.

Nobody likes a cry baby.

Edited by oaksoft

What this election shows is that thankfully there are those, despite the risk of abuse and threats, who are willing to vote for ANother party than the SNP.

They failed to gain a majority by a slender margin, it's hardly a Tory/Labour resurgence!

Correct but FFS stop white knighting yourself.

Not a single person has threatened you over your voting choices.

Get over yourself FFS.

Really? Remind me again how we got this "one party state"? Oh, that's right, we had an election and the party that won the most votes, one of many parties it's perhaps worth pointing out, formed the government. Three times in a row. What's that system known as, again?

Whilst not defending DJ's original post, he has apologised. What is appalling and horribly despicable is this unionist seeth labelling nationalists as "natsis", supporters of a "one party state" and a "cult." Will you be a man and apologise? I won't hold my breath.

You lose credibility when you end a post which complains about personal abuse with the line "away and f**k yourself".

You also lose credibility when you compare the SNP to two countries whose governing parties are responsible for genocide.

Right now the SNP are hugely popular. Its time for Labour and Tory parties to sit down, dry their collective eyes and come up with some creative and exciting policies to entice those voters back. The Tories and Labour are defined by their hatred of the SNP rather than their own policies. That makes them unelectable.

Nobody likes a cry baby.

The SNP's only policy that is their own is independence. Everything else in their rhetoric comes straight from an old Scottish Labour manefesto. They've repositioned themselves under Salmond, moving away from being to the right of Thatcher to trying to look something to the left of Michael Foot but without any ability to carry his policies to completion. What this ofcourse means is that these days the lazy Scottish electorate will still vote for any old monkey the difference being the colour of the rosette the primate wears.

Like it or not SLAB had policies that differentiated themselves from the SNP. Many Scots have claimed in polls that we'd be happy to pay extra in taxes to keep services like protecting our NHS. What this election proved is that a large chunk of those people don't read manefestos and don't watch political debate and sadly Scotland is a nation full of people like DJ who vote out of bigotry and hatred

Edited by Stuart Dickson

You say that "SLAB had policies that differentiated themselves from the SNP" and then attempt, due to one policy, to abuse people who decide how to vote by comparing all policies. I doubt that there is a single party out there that has every policy that any individual would like to see.

I cited one example....an obvious one that opinion polls suggested should be popular. It was certainly a policy that took SLAB to the left of the SNP yet it lost them ground. Not that I'm complaining. You know that I'm a strong advocate of cutting taxes to increase the total tax take. However it does show that either the Scottish Electorate hasn't got a clue about policies or that everyone keeps lying when asked how important public services are to the electorate.

Let's face it if the NHS was the priority that the electorate claim it is they wouldn't be voting for the woman who as Health Minister stopped all recruitment to the Scottish NHS for 5 full years. If council services were important they wouldn't be voting for the party that has frozen council tax for 9 years and starved local authorities of funding.

I think the one thing Thursday proved is that the Parliament in Edinburgh is a massive stonking waste of money that the majority of Scots don't care about. We should close it and save £million of taxpayers money currently being spunked away on party yes men who are being appointed to parliament on the basis that they'll take their wages and their expenses and try to get away with doing nothing at all.

I cited one example....an obvious one that opinion polls suggested should be popular. It was certainly a policy that took SLAB to the left of the SNP yet it lost them ground. Not that I'm complaining. You know that I'm a strong advocate of cutting taxes to increase the total tax take. However it does show that either the Scottish Electorate hasn't got a clue about policies or that everyone keeps lying when asked how important public services are to the electorate.

Let's face it if the NHS was the priority that the electorate claim it is they wouldn't be voting for the woman who as Health Minister stopped all recruitment to the Scottish NHS for 5 full years. If council services were important they wouldn't be voting for the party that has frozen council tax for 9 years and starved local authorities of funding.

I think the one thing Thursday proved is that the Parliament in Edinburgh is a massive stonking waste of money that the majority of Scots don't care about. We should close it and save £million of taxpayers money currently being spunked away on party yes men who are being appointed to parliament on the basis that they'll take their wages and their expenses and try to get away with doing nothing at all.

Voter turnout was 55%.

So your last paragraph is bollox regarding whether people care about it or not.

On 3 million other posts you describe 55% as an overwhelming majority.

Make your mind up.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody likes a cry baby.

Complete woosh moment.

Yes, the SNP are hugely popular. That's the beauty of democracy - people get to choose and the party that gets 'chosen' most wins.

I'm not interested, in the context of this thread, in policies. For all you know, I also voted for SNP. What I don't like is when others get abused for voting for a party that isn't the popular one. It's disgusting and leads to a situation where unless you vote for those in power, you disappear. That is the very extreme end of the line, but is the conclusion if left unchecked. All my response in this thread is about is checking that attitude.

Really? Remind me again how we got this "one party state"? Oh, that's right, we had an election and the party that won the most votes, one of many parties it's perhaps worth pointing out, formed the government. Three times in a row. What's that system known as, again?

Whilst not defending DJ's original post, he has apologised. What is appalling and horribly despicable is this unionist seeth labelling nationalists as "natsis", supporters of a "one party state" and a "cult." Will you be a man and apologise? I won't hold my breath.

Apologise for what? Asking others not dish about abuse to people who vote for a party they don't like? Voicing an opinion that it isn't acceptable to do that? I certainly won't apologise for that.

Calling the SNP 'a cult' or 'natsis'? I would apologise for that, if I had actually don't it. As I didn't, I won't.

Also, I'm not a unionist, I voted yes and would again.

Anything else you'd like to get wrong?

Complete woosh moment.

Yes, the SNP are hugely popular. That's the beauty of democracy - people get to choose and the party that gets 'chosen' most wins.

I'm not interested, in the context of this thread, in policies. For all you know, I also voted for SNP. What I don't like is when others get abused for voting for a party that isn't the popular one. It's disgusting and leads to a situation where unless you vote for those in power, you disappear. That is the very extreme end of the line, but is the conclusion if left unchecked. All my response in this thread is about is checking that attitude.

Checking that attitude?

By telling people to go and f**k themselves?

Aye right lol.

Apologise for what? Asking others not dish about abuse to people who vote for a party they don't like? Voicing an opinion that it isn't acceptable to do that? I certainly won't apologise for that.

Calling the SNP 'a cult' or 'natsis'? I would apologise for that, if I had actually don't it. As I didn't, I won't.

Anything else you'd like to get wrong?

So you're apologising for the "edging ever closer to a North Korea/Burma style one party state" remark then?

Well done you.

The Tories and Labour are defined by their hatred of the SNP rather than their own policies.

The SNP are defined by their hatred of the English rather than their own policies.

The SNP are a collection of people from the right, from the centre, from the left.

Their "policies" at the moment are all geared towards keeping the middle classes on board.

Their "policies" at the moment are based on using money that should be used in the NHS to give away middle class bribes such as council tax freezes, free prescription charges, no tuition fees, abolishing bridge folks, etc.

All are policies that are so right wing that not even the Tories in England would implement them.

The SNP are nothing more than the Scottish equivalent of UKIP. The Scottish equivalent of a Donald Trump Republican party.

You fat lecturer!