Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

Whooooosh again.

You and your ilk have consistently said nationalists hate the English, not England.

And she quite clearly says she doesn't like being in England since the EU referendum. That's the other important part that seems to have passed you by.

So, yes, double whoosh in fact.

Here you go. You'll get more sense in return as well.

red-brick-wall.png

2 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Whooooosh again.

You and your ilk have consistently said nationalists hate the English, not England.

And she quite clearly says she doesn't like being in England since the EU referendum. That's the other important part that seems to have passed you by.

So, yes, double whoosh in fact.

If you read my post I said England and you've presented a Nationalist who doesn't like England. I guess the whoosh is that you are admitting that the Nationalist single agenda is indeed their hatred of England. How sad....:rolleyes: 

Oh dear, another idiot who doesn't understand why cutting Corporate Tax to the lowest level seen in any major economy will raise more tax revenue and not less. No wonder the SNP are able to command so much support when it's simple message is "Vote for us if you hate England". 

You do write a lot of shite. I like England and writing from there just now on holiday. You have tunnel vision.

Still nothing has changed....................

Uncertainty in the run-up to the EU referendum vote slowed service sector growth last month to a three-year low and sent business expectations to their weakest since the end of 2012, according to the Markit/CIPS UK services PMI. 

It fell to a worse-than-expected 52.3 in June from 53.5 in May, matching April's level - the lowest since April 2013.

Coincidentally, I was talking to a mate last night who is the financial director of a dpartment in Scotland of one of the UK's major financial institutions and he said that as a direct result of the vote, the financial community are preparing for a ten year recession. Not austerity, but recession. This is the worst case scenario, but it's a sobering thought.

Edited by FTOF

And as everything around them burns, the Tories annonce that we need to get Trident renewal up and running as an urgency.  You really couldn't make this crap up.  Economy in crisis, political leadership non existent but hey lets renew those nuclear weopons.  They never change !!!

Still nothing has changed....................

Uncertainty in the run-up to the EU referendum vote slowed service sector growth last month to a three-year low and sent business expectations to their weakest since the end of 2012, according to the Markit/CIPS UK services PMI. 

It fell to a worse-than-expected 52.3 in June from 53.5 in May, matching April's level - the lowest since April 2013.

" Coincidentally, I was talking to a mate last night who is the financial director of a dpartment in Scotland of one of the UK's major financial institutions and he said that as a direct result of the vote, the financial community are preparing for a ten year recession. Not austerity, but recession. This is the worst case scenario, but it's a sobering thought."

Are you sure? A Finance Director who thinks the UK is going to suffer at least 40 consecutive quarters of shrinking growth figures? Is he also predicting a plague of locusts?

And again you quote an article that shows figures from the run up to the vote?

I think we can safely add you to the economically stupid list beside Slarti and Oaksoft

If I'm on that list, I can always find solace in the fact that you'll be on the bottom rung, way below myself. :)

What is funny that you actually think you know more than a guy who has been n the financial sector for more than 40 years.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If I'm on that list, I can always find solace in the fact that you'll be on the bottom rung, way below myself. :)

What is funny that you actually think you know more than a guy who has been n the financial sector for more than 40 years.

Or the Governor of the Bank of England if you've been watching the live broadcast this last 20 minutes!!!!

5 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

f**king hell. Really. Mark Carney is predicting recession for 10 years? Wow. Oh wait..... No he isnt

What is funny that you actually think you know more than a guy who has been in the financial sector for more than 40 years.

The bit above in bold is the bit I was referring to old boy!!

Still nothing has changed.

The pound has hit a fresh 31-year low against the dollar as markets remain edgy in the wake of the Brexit vote.

At one point it hit $1.3058 against the dollar, the lowest level since September 1985. Against the euro it fell to €1.1703, its lowest since 2013.

Well no. Has it had an negative effect on your life? Currency trading moves all the time. Currently a weak pound to the dollar suits me so long as it recovers before October 2017 it's not causing me issues

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Well no. Has it had an negative effect on your life? Currency trading moves all the time. Currently a weak pound to the dollar suits me so long as it recovers before October 2017 it's not causing me issues

You said nothing had changed as a result of the vote.

You are wrong, yet again.:)

If you think a 31 year low is normal currency trading movement, then you're more stupid than you appear.

Edited by FTOF

It will soon. Almost everything we buy in this country is imported or assembled from imported parts, they're bought in a foreign currency which might not be increasing in price but the drop in the rate of exchange increases the cost. That increase will soon be passed on to the consumer

Guest TPAFKATS
Why do people wear baseball caps when they're not baseball players or wear donkey jackets when they're not donkeys? So many questions, so few answers.

Baseball hats to keep sun off or to hide a bad hair day.

Donkey jacket for heat.

I never said the victim was a cossack ;-)

5 hours ago, bud77 said:

It will soon. Almost everything we buy in this country is imported or assembled from imported parts, they're bought in a foreign currency which might not be increasing in price but the drop in the rate of exchange increases the cost. That increase will soon be passed on to the consumer

True, however I don't imagine that the currency slide will last long at all. 

I was watching a bit of the Financial news on CNBC tonight as the US markets closed and one of the big talking points on there was the surprisingly weak performance of the $US. Sounds strange from a UK perspective doesn't it? But the point being made was actually very valid. Since the Brexit vote the dollar to euro exchange rate has hardly moved, something that should seem quite weird since the EU has just lost it's second biggest economy. So what was the reason for the weak performance? Well funnily enough it appears that uncertainty over the Brexit vote is hitting the US too. Today 4.5% was knocked off the value of a barrel of Oil with the expert showing that all commodity prices except metals are being adversely affected by the global uncertainty come from the Brexit vote. 

Now the UK has suffered one of the those predicted bumps in the road and our currency value has dropped, but the Brexit vote hasn't just adversely affected the UK, it also weakens the EU and when you weaken major economies it has a global effect. 

I fully expect the £ to rally very quickly indeed.