The worlds greatest drummer.......

Bud the Baker

19 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I have to quote George Martin's response when somebody said about Ringo "nice lad, but not the best drummer in the world". He replied "he's not even the best drummer in The Beatles".

That was John Lennon..........

When Ringo walked out in the middle of The White Album sessions they (John, Paul & George) begged "the best rock'n'roll drummer" in the world to return.

A quote from Drum Magazine

It’s undeniable. Humiliated by its own excesses and reduced to a mere parody of itself, the drum solo is as extinct as the brontosaurus in the 1990s.

Never musically relevant, I suppose they give people a chance to use the skip button on their CD players..........

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

That was John Lennon..........

When Ringo walked out in the middle of The White Album sessions they (John, Paul & George) begged "the best rock'n'roll drummer" in the world to return.

John Lennon was the best drummer in the Beatles? Well I never!

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Best? Name a name and prove it. Cannae'. Favourites?... Neil Peart, Steve Smith, Simon Phillips.

As the drummer in the world's greatest band it's clearly Ringo, and that's before you consider his solo career - still drumming with his live band at 75. His last gig was as recent as July 2nd.

If any of the drummers mentioned so far (well them as are still alive) we're to rock up to Greenhill Road for the game on Saturday the only one liable to be recognized would be Ringo.

50-odd years since Rory Storm first said "It's Starr time" the world's No. 1 one star drummer is still Ringo!

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

As the drummer in the world's greatest band it's clearly Ringo, and that's before you consider his solo career - still drumming with his live band at 75. His last gig was as recent as July 2nd.

If any of the drummers mentioned so far (well them as are still alive) we're to rock up to Greenhill Road for the game on Saturday the only one liable to be recognized would be Ringo.

50-odd years since Rory Storm first said "It's Starr time" the world's No. 1 one star drummer is still Ringo!

It clearly isn't Ringo. Ringo might be many people's favourite drummer / Beatle / moptop / miserable cnut who posted online that fans should fcuk off from asking for autographs.... but, he cannot be the world's best drummer any more than Ian Paice or Buddy Rich can be.

Might as well argue who the best keeper is - Buffon or Zoff, Banks or Yashin. Unless someone tells me I missed the world drumming championships and Ringo kicked Neil Peart's arse for a gold medal, then sorry, he might be your favourite drummer, but...

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

It clearly isn't Ringo. Ringo might be many people's favourite drummer / Beatle / moptop / miserable cnut who posted online that fans should fcuk off from asking for autographs.... but, he cannot be the world's best drummer any more than Ian Paice or Buddy Rich can be.

Might as well argue who the best keeper is - Buffon or Zoff, Banks or Yashin. Unless someone tells me I missed the world drumming championships and Ringo kicked Neil Peart's arse for a gold medal, then sorry, he might be your favourite drummer, but...

As your opinion is that it's down to personal choice then your opening sentence is self-contradictory.

I, however, know better and assure you that Ringo is the greatest (although obviously not the Best) drummer in the world...