Wee Idea...

7 minutes ago, Gruffalo said:

Why yet again has a topic turned in to about YOU

Your like the Harry Enfield character. "you don't want to do that, no, you want to do this"

You have harped on all week about your son getting misdirected by the poor steward who's role is to direct cars in to a carpark. not dish out directions to some dafty asking where can i park my car.

You have failed to recognize the stupidity of your son having to ask where he can park. when the stadium week in week out is surrounded with streets with cars parked on them. The very streets he drove through

If he was stupid enough to park on a double yellow line or under a sign that states no parking then i would suggest you buy him the highway code.

If the signs were wrong then appeal the ticket and you not be required to pay the fine.

Please stop blaming the club because your son got a stupid answer to a stupid question.

So you think it's acceptable for a club employee to tell visitors to the stadium that the closest place to legally park their car is 30 minutes walk away? 

And yesterday you said I was niave about business..... :rolleyes: 

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

So you think it's acceptable for a club employee to tell my son that the closest place to legally park their car is 30 minutes walk away? 

Perhaps he shouldn't have said, "do you know who  I am"  :whistle

31 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

He has phoned the club - that doesn't sound like it went very well - and then sent an e-mail as he was directed to do. Six days on he's still waiting on a response. 

BTW though Stu, I don't agree with my sons side of story either. Both sides appear to be in the wrong to me. But I still find it incredible that anyone would think the car park attendant should be directing those who are being turned away from the car park to park at Asda Linwood and I have always thought that those parking restrictions around the stadium were open to an unfair targeting of football supporters by the local authority whenever they chose to milk their cash cow. 

I would argue that the parking restrictions are not unfair. The double yellow lines are on junctions or areas of poor visibility. They are they to ensure to prevent accidents on the roads. Parking on them is endangers other users of the road and pedestrians. The do not park on match days signs are there possibly as they have been designated by the local authority as essential spaces needed in case of an emergency at the ground. I doubt they are there just to fleece the football fans. 

The fact that they have never imposed parking restrictions is also not a viable reason to park. I witnessed the tickets and the first thought it was the police that issued them and not the council. Surprised they have never done it before

36 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

So you think it's acceptable for a club employee to tell visitors to the stadium that the closest place to legally park their car is 30 minutes walk away? 

No i don't think its acceptable.

I would have directed them to refuse to issue directions on the off chance that they or the club would be held responsible for misdirecting them.

Had the steward told your son Sorry i cant tell you where to park you would be on here moaning like a bitch for a fortnight

I would argue that the parking restrictions are not unfair. The double yellow lines are on junctions or areas of poor visibility. They are they to ensure to prevent accidents on the roads. Parking on them is endangers other users of the road and pedestrians. The do not park on match days signs are there possibly as they have been designated by the local authority as essential spaces needed in case of an emergency at the ground. I doubt they are there just to fleece the football fans. 

The fact that they have never imposed parking restrictions is also not a viable reason to park. I witnessed the tickets and the first thought it was the police that issued them and not the council. Surprised they have never done it before

Indeed.

Also, when there are no events on, residents can park freely.

Match days must be a nightmare for local residents, hence the common sense about restrictions.

It is similar at many away grounds, which is why I always try to arrive early.

Killie, Raith, QoS and many more have restricted street parking.

You would think it was just St Mirren.

Stewart dickson has you believe he isn't bothered about saint mirren but in actual fact I think In a weird kinda way he absolutely loves them he wants to be part of something and despite saying that he doesn't care h must care intact.i think contacting smisa members shows he does. Stewart just embrace it we know we aren't a good team bit it's our team and you might enjoy supporting them fully

23 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Where have I ever claimed it was all about me? I don't need directions to the nearest legal parking space from a car park attendant, but I obviously appreciate the frustration that a visitor to the stadium would have particularly when the same car park attendant is also being deliberately obtuse about a plentiful number of parking spaces in clear view right behind him. Do St Mirren as a club want their "staff" directing people to Asda and to the Showcase Cinema when they are having problems parking for the football? Do St Mirren want their employees handling the subsequent telephone enquiry by claiming they have to rent the space to a airport car parking firm because St Mirren fans don't pay enough? Is that the kind of customer service message the club want out there? 

I can handle staff being a bit rude to me Oaksoft - that's been going on for years. What I can't accept is that if the club is looking to build links with the community, that new visitors to the stadium be treated in such a shoddy manner. Perhaps you think that's good business sense - I don't. 

The car park with entry from Ferguslie Park Avenue - as far as I am aware the only one that allows 'pay-at-the-gate' parking for fans - was jam packed on Saturday. Even at 2pm there were cars parked along the pedestrian areas. At 2:30 a car park ticket holder that sits behind me had great trouble finding a space and was mouthing off loudly about it.

On 25/08/2016 at 1:35 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

Why would it be on the trust? What overheads would increase?

Because if you look for proof of eligibility then a paid employee needs to be available

Its free tickets for empty seats that would otherwise go unsold. It wouldn't be many seats either. A maximum of 100 pairs of tickets donated each week to a local food bank should be sufficient. AFAIK the unemployed can already get concession tickets without being means tested by the club.

The original suggestion was for the unemployed and those in poverty to get free tickets-in order to prove "poverty" then you would have to examine a person's financial standing.  Even asking for proof that you are on working benefits is a form of means test.  Clearly the club would not want to go there.

I think that if you are working on a low income or unemployed then it is a great idea to be able to look forward to a sociable event like a football match.  it is the sort of thing that keeps people involved in society and helps them focus on improving their lot.  it's a pity the thread degenerated into a shitty wee attention seek and witch-hunt format.

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The car park with entry from Ferguslie Park Avenue - as far as I am aware the only one that allows 'pay-at-the-gate' parking for fans - was jam packed on Saturday. Even at 2pm there were cars parked along the pedestrian areas. At 2:30 a car park ticket holder that sits behind me had great trouble finding a space and was mouthing off loudly about it.

No-one is being allowed pay at the gate entry this season Sonny because of the airport parking. There were spaces however. My son has photos to prove it. 

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The original suggestion was for the unemployed and those in poverty to get free tickets-in order to prove "poverty" then you would have to examine a person's financial standing.  Even asking for proof that you are on working benefits is a form of means test.  Clearly the club would not want to go there.

I think that if you are working on a low income or unemployed then it is a great idea to be able to look forward to a sociable event like a football match.  it is the sort of thing that keeps people involved in society and helps them focus on improving their lot.  it's a pity the thread degenerated into a shitty wee attention seek and witch-hunt format.

I agreed with the original suggestion and added that it would be better to issue free tickets to the food banks for distribution. I agree with the idea of letting people struggling with financial hardship have the opportunity of a family day out. It's something I think the club should press ahead with. I can't see any reason for increased costs though. There is simply no needs to means test, or to check eligibility if they are issued through the food bank. 

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

No-one is being allowed pay at the gate entry this season Sonny because of the airport parking. There were spaces however. My son has photos to prove it. 

I know that people that turn up are being rejected. That is because the carpark is so full ticket holders can barely get parked. And I was there on Saturday and the car park was pretty full even at 2pm but I did not take any photos.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:
1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I agreed with the original suggestion and added that it would be better to issue free tickets to the food banks for distribution. I agree with the idea of letting people struggling with financial hardship have the opportunity of a family day out. It's something I think the club should press ahead with. I can't see any reason for increased costs though. There is simply no needs to means test, or to check eligibility if they are issued through the food bank. 

Even food banks get abused.

40 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

So you really think some is going to go to that level of deception to get two tickets to a St Mirren match?

As I said some people like to over think the simplest of things.

Like, where to park one's car.