The Sunderland A-Z Thread & Edinburgh Zoo

21 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

See there's your problem. You've taken the town centre as the absolute centre of town. It's like telling someone on Hope Street they need to walk all the way along Argyle Street past all the shops to get to the town centre at the tower at Glasgow Cross.

The local council class the Stadium as being part of the City Centre. Locals class the city centre as starting at the Colliary pub which is across the road from the stadium. I've said already I would have always classed the town centre as starting at the Empire which is closer to the exit at the home end that the entrance at the away end.

No matter how you do it the Stadium Of Light is at very worst extremely close to the City Centre, probably the stadium closest to the centre of any city in the UK and my point is utter valid.

An average home gate of 40,000. City centre stadium. Prime site and loads of parking restrictions yet Sunderland run a solution with Park n ride. St Mirren, average gate around 2000, situated in a desolate wasteland that the council plans to demolish and somehow parking has become a big issue as the council milk their cash cow and as the club close their own customers out of the club car park because.... And I'll quote this... "St Mirren fans were not paying enough money"

All my inlaws live in or come from Sunderland, none of the consider the SoL as in the city.

its across the Wear bridge, north, then west and sits on the site of the former Monkwearmouth Colliery. Unless you think the colliery sits in the city centre???

I was parked on a single yellow on Saturday? Did I get a ticket? Nope. Did any of the surrounding vehicles? Nope.

Dickson bullshitting again I see?

Oh and for the record, ASDA, like any other supermarket, enforce maximum number of hours parking at their stores. In particular, at their Forge Parkhead to root out sneaky f**kers parking up to be within distance of Celtic Park

Eh, the council now plan to demolish a desolate wasteland.

#thichasfcuk

Yes... The council is thick as f**k. You'll get no argument from me there. However what I would like to know is will the new owners of the club now use their influence to stop the council from extorting money from customers of the club? Will SMiSA campaign to get parking restrictions that don't exist every Saturday St Mirren are not at home removed?

I sure hope they do especially since all that parking will be required if Mr Fitzpatrick is ever to achieve his target of 7000 Saints fans at every home game

Oh and fix the f**king tannoy system as soon as possible. I want consistency around the stadium and if Shull can avoid having to listen to Phil on a Saturday I'd like the same peace and quiet for all customers. It's only fair

Not been to Edinburgh Zoo since I was 10.

Maybe take my wee daughter in the next couple of weeks. 

Could start a Thread. What's it like for Parking? 

Would I be better going by bus or train or tram or by foot? 

Has Sunderland a City Centre Zoo tae? 

If the St Mirren car park attendant was giving out advice I reckon he'd tell you to park at the Gyle and walk. No doubt the car park at the zoo with all those empty spaces will also have them reserved for guests that aren't going to use them. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Aye they used to have on the Lambton Estate, its four miles from the Town Hall mind, or one and a half minutes walk if yir Dicko!

If the St Mirren car park attendant was giving out advice I reckon he'd tell you to park at the Gyle and walk. No doubt the car park at the zoo with all those empty spaces will also have them reserved for guests that aren't going to use them. :rolleyes:

Oh and in Sunderland the local zoo is across the Tyne. I think some call it Newcastle

Ffs you claim to know everything about Sunderland yet don't even know the correct river that flows through that shithole. It is of course the Wear ..........

Oh dear Zippy. You are thick

If you cross the Wear in Sunderland you are still in Sunderland. You have to cross the Tyne to get to the shit hole. It's sad I need to explain that.... :rolleyes:

Even sadder that you are posting shite about Sunderlands ground on a non Sunderland site

Do us all a favour fatty. If you love Sunderland that much, cancel your subscription and f**k off down there permanently and leave supporting the club to the rest of us that are actually fans.

Even sadder that you are posting shite about Sunderlands ground on a non Sunderland site

Do us all a favour fatty. If you love Sunderland that much, cancel your subscription and f**k off down there permanently and leave supporting the club to the rest of us that are actually fans.

I believe what you meant to say was, "Sorry Stuart, I am a Twat. You were of course correct and I'm going to back off now having humiliated myself yet again."

It's good to see Sunderland featured so heavily on this site. But can we not get away from the important nature of this thread. Will the club be issuing Car Park Attendants with better parking information for stuck customers? Will the club, SMiSA and the Fans Council lobby the council to have the exploitative Street parking restrictions removed? And will the tannoy system get fixed?

Just to re-iterate what actually happened.

Much of the area around the stadium has single yellows with restriction signs that are never populated with dates/times, and therefore not enforced.

On Saturday, only at the Greenhill Road end of Murray Street, these signs were populated with times when the restrictions were in place(i.e.12p-6pm). Hence, the drivers who parked there were ticketed.

Everywhere else with single yellows, the signs were still blank, and drivers were therefore not ticketed.

The issue is that it's pretty sneaky to suddenly apply the restriction, then not have a grace period where people who have no interest in parking illegally can be informed of the change without being harshly fined.

Humiliated as in being caught out telling blatant lies about parking restrictions that are non-existent.

Clueless fat c**t

Much as his posts are antagonistic, you have overstepped the mark by resorting to personal abuse like that.

Just to re-iterate what actually happened.

Much of the area around the stadium has single yellows with restriction signs that are never populated with dates/times, and therefore not enforced.

On Saturday, only at the Greenhill Road end of Murray Street, these signs were populated with times when the restrictions were in place(i.e.12p-6pm). Hence, the drivers who parked there were ticketed.

Everywhere else with single yellows, the signs were still blank, and drivers were therefore not ticketed.

The issue is that it's pretty sneaky to suddenly apply the restriction, then not have a grace period where people who have no interest in parking illegally can be informed of the change without being harshly fined.

And it could happen randomly throughout the season in different streets as the council milk their cash cow. I know I'm the most vocal on this and that generally means nothing will get done but the clubs new owners, SMiSA and the Fans Council really should be doing their job here and co-ordinating the lobbying of the Council to have all these restriction notices removed. If its fine to park on these streets every day when St Mirren aren't playing then this is an unfair targeting of St Mirren's customers

11 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Much as his posts are antagonistic, you have overstepped the mark by resorting to personal abuse like that.

I agree.

His personal abuse of Stuart is out of order.

As are a few others who abuse Mr Dickson.

Edited by shull

2 hours ago, shull said:

Edinburgh zoo? Ffs. What you thinking ?

Was there not an impotent or incompetent Panda there as well ?

Edinburgh dungeons would be far safer and probably less scary.

2 hours ago, shull said:

at the end of bypass shull park at Herriot watt where hearts train n park n ride(dirty mind)jump on tram and drops u off right outside zoo..tell them am your mate n you will get in for free