Where is our season heading now?

Our CEO stating on Twitter that there will be "a few new faces" in this week....

Joking aside, if ever there was a week a few new faces would at least distract us and perhaps give us something positive to talk about , this is the week.

I hope whoever they are , they don't get written off before they play a game.

Looking forward to this crucial transfer window in/out dealings.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

That's exactly what Rankin added to QOS yesterday. He was constantly in conversation with the players around him and with the officials.

We don't have anyone who comes close to him.

I was dismissive of his signing for QOS on another thread. After what I saw him do for QOS yesterday, I'll admit I was wrong and I think he would have been ideal for us.

Ditto.

I clearly called it wrong, too.

Rankin was all over that Park. He has a great engine at 33. Quinn clearly is struggling for fitness and wasn't able to offer us much.  unless drastic action is taken we will be down by end of Feb. It's a horrendous run and how the players aren't embarrassed is beyond me. I am ashamed of the playing staff 

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:32 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Yup! At present the three teams above us have 17 points from 17 games - that's a point a game! :nerd 

We're chasing a moving target and in 3 games times let's assume they'll all be on 20 points - in that case we'll need 3 points just to keep pace. Over the second half of the season unless one or both of the p/t teams blow up we'll probably need to finish around the 36 point mark (a point a game again) to finish 8th, maybe a bit less 'cos if we do better they'll do worse but let's say 34/35 to be safe. That 23/24 points in 19 games which is top half of the table form, not far off of a promotion play-off spot, a big improvement on what we've seen so far and we'll have to be performing at close to our potential for the bulk of the second half of the season to achieve it. We may scrape by on less but there's no guarantee of it.

Still, never say never and COYS!

Still reckon 34/35 points would see us safe, but that's 21/22 from 15 games - a higher ratio than 4 games ago :unsure:. Realistically the best chance we have are the H2H games against Ayr & Dumbarton - if we could take 6 points from either of these teams then we'd be in with a fighting chance. I guess we've got to hope that JR's new signings gel quickly and we can get a few of those precious victories that we need. It's not impossible, if you look at Ayr & Dumbarton neither could field 7 substitutes today and it's hard to see them signing players of genuine quality at Championship level. On the other hand both of them seem to have enough spirit to produce the occasional big result - we need to match this spirit over the remaining 15 games and trust that the added quality and fitness we should possess eventually works in our favour - nothing less than 120% commitment for the remainder of the season will do.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I think we are going down unless we start showing more confidence in front of goal. We continue to get in good positions but we are wasteful in final third. Sometimes it's crying out for someone to shoot but we pass it wide or hesitate.  It's not looking good to be honest as the team sits 7 behind and we are about to play the big boys again 

13 hours ago, patricksharp said:

guys how did the new signings get on?

Looked as if they need a few games to get match fit. Storie likes to get stuck in, i think he'll be good for us in the holding midfielder role. Loy just needs a few games to get used to his new team mates. Still to see the 2 other new signings.