Andy Webster

36 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

I watched the highlights and check out the goal

Webster was nudged off the ball,he was dreadful.

He was like a wee boy the way he was pushed, all he had to do was stand in front and danger gone

Give me big Jack Baird anytime

It was only a couple of games ago some were suggesting big Jack Baird should be run out of town for costing us the Falkirk game.

7 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Not me Kendo

No not me either, however some will look for a scapegoat for every loss. 

Had Shanks scored the penalty then I'm sure we would have gone on to win on Saturday. I agree Webster didn't look good at the goal however Gordon and McKenzie are Jack Ross preferred partners. It's all ifs and buts but the fact we're looking for another centre half speaks volumes.

In general Webster has been much better since returning to the team. Baird has been really poor this season. At the present time experience is what's required and Webster and McKenzie have us looking "more solid" than at any other time this season.  Scrutinising every individual error when it comes to a team adrift at the bottom of the league is a pretty lengthy and pointless exercise. It has taken replayed highlights for anyone to jump on Webster as a culprit in that goal, at the time it looked a reasonably well constucted goal to me.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

1 hour ago, Kendo said:

It was only a couple of games ago some were suggesting big Jack Baird should be run out of town for costing us the Falkirk game.

Yeah, some people overreacted a little. I like Baird as a player, and think he is very good for his age, and has the attributes to make a very good centre half. I'm surprised by the stick he gets from some, but we all see it differently I suppose.

McKenzie and Baird for me at the moment is the partnership I'd go with.

Andy Webster has been decent since he came back in.

we should of won that ayr game quite easily with the chances we had, we could be pointing the finger at our attackers for the chances missed instead of Webster.

Webster isn't great but he isn't as bad as some folk make out, at this moment in time I would have him in the team ahead of Baird.

I know no harm is meant on this thread however  just want to say we must stick together here fans and players. mistakes  will be made but we need to back the players if we are going to get out of this mess. I trust Jack Ross to pick a team then change it if its not working. This forum will be read by players.