Sign in to follow this  
shull

St Mirren Photos & Vids

9 hours ago, renfrew said:

Undefeated for us as a manager as well :lol:

He flew back from America to be with the reunited Anglo Scottish Cup team. He won all his major honours in the game with St Mirren and he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. He told me his best time in football was with St Mirren. 

Guni: One day they will name a street in my honour, the fans love me so much.

Stickroth: Yes they will, but I can’t see them doing the same for that cnut Archibald. More likely hang him at the Gallowgate. He’s that hopeless he hasn’t remembered to put on his shorts.

0A319D49-7174-4F8A-95D6-150768A8FFCB.thumb.jpeg.62f7268a7e6f75ba84a41c2d5c8eca09.jpeg

From the 4-2 game where he scored a screamer.....just a shame there was no TV footage or else I reckon we would have created a song about this match too.
76B50381-AF2F-4ADD-80D7-1831752E29A7.thumb.jpeg.1ff9a044820671b17acc03373827e4ae.jpeg
We did that day.

Two of a start, we gave you two of a start.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:44 AM, Hoof Hearted said:

Must be a good story behind this one....

fd4429ec1780239b5080553818b63299--mobile

That’s my taxi driving mate Les from Jersey.

He done it up over here, him and his 3 boys took it over on the overnight ferry from Jersey to Portsmouth and drove it up to Paisley.

Hes got loads of photos from the trip, and he was getting some reaction driving up the M6 North.

He only paid £400 for the old banger ( No MOT’s in Jersey ) think he tried to auction it off for charity after the game, I believe there was no takers so he scrapped it and flew back to Jersey :lol:

Edited by Jimmy H

19 hours ago, Yflab said:

Never mind the speedway. Who remembers the half time pram races at Love St?

17329019-F62D-4FBB-B638-0B2891C3468B.jpeg.f3629b2e399e38a0635bba418836f73d.jpeg1E216291-8140-420A-973E-36D022A48579.jpeg.d5b6065cf64bbf6c8ee617eb2d1ab886.jpeg

I remember the pram races. Took part in the one on the day George Best played for Hibs against us. Was that his debut? Looked decidely fat. Still had the brain and the skill though.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

I remember the pram races. Took part in the one on the day George Best played for Hibs against us. Was that his debut? Looked decidely fat. Still had the brain and the skill though.

Debut

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1979&GameID=197911240

14 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

I was at that match and Best did play well. It was rumoured, and generally accepted that he was half pissed when he arrived at Love Street.

Among others  :)

Welcome back, Rick

Edited by shull

18 hours ago, Yflab said:

An interesting interview but a few untruths crept in. I don't think he ever played for Scotland and he certainly did not play against Zico and Socrates in the Maracana in 1980!

13 hours ago, pod said:

Yardley before he became Big Yardley.

:lol: Noticed this myself, a non fat yardley, as rare as rocking horse shite.

imagine having to empty his chanty :green

Edited by Hoof Hearted

The first time I saw Yards play was when I came up for a week and went to a couple of away games. Cannae mind the year. The first was a midweek game at Broadwood. Cannae mind if it was against Clyde or Airdrie (I think Airdrie). We won 3-1 and Yards had a brilliant game. On that performance alone I’d have described him as a lanky winger who was good with the ball at his feet. :o

We followed it up with a 2-1 win away at Dundee.  Jamie Fullerton put us one up with a belter. Chic Charnley equalised direct from a free kick that he took early when no one was looking. The cocky bassturt lapped it right up to the saints fans in the stand. Then one of our young subs (James McGowan???) charged down the Dundee keeper’s clearance and scored to win the game. Charnley then got subbed and had to do the walk of shame into the stand getting absolute pelters from the saints fans. 

Happy days. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Then one of our young subs (James McGowan???) charged down the Dundee keeper’s clearance and scored to win the game. 

Happy days. 

Johnny McMillan.

The Dundee keeper kicked a clearance which skelped off McMillans arse and ended up in the back of the net.:lol:

13 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The first time I saw Yards play was when I came up for a week and went to a couple of away games. Cannae mind the year. The first was a midweek game at Broadwood. Cannae mind if it was against Clyde or Airdrie (I think Airdrie). We won 3-1 and Yards had a brilliant game. On that performance alone I’d have described him as a lanky winger who was good with the ball at his feet. :o

We followed it up with a 2-1 win away at Dundee.  Jamie Fullerton put us one up with a belter. Chic Charnley equalised direct from a free kick that he took early when no one was looking. The cocky bassturt lapped it right up to the saints fans in the stand. Then one of our young subs (James McGowan???) charged down the Dundee keeper’s clearance and scored to win the game. Charnley then got subbed and had to do the walk of shame into the stand getting absolute pelters from the saints fans. 

Happy days. 

16/01/1996 Airdrie Broadwood 3-1 Yardley2 Hetherston
20/01/1996 Dundee Dens Park 2-1 Fullarton  McMillan