THE WAGONS ARE CIRCLING

No........I think the OP was trying to infer that we have a clause "forcing" his new club to sell at an agreed value (release clause) and thus bringing in a sell on % but somehow putting it in the contract we have with the player before we even sell him, Probably in a Tevez type way!!

Ah, I see. No chance there.

So does that mean there is such a clause that you will benefit from future transfer or is it just the sell on clause for Tottenham that was sold as Tottenham would have access to sell image rights aswell.Southampton done them selves there.

There is no clause that would get you a percentage of anything other than a transfer from the club you sell to.

Southampton sold the right to the sell on as they were skint. Couldn't afford to wait another 4/5 years...

4 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

Loads of players have left over the years and we could have benefitted more from their departure or kept them longer and  made them assets. players like lappin higgdon mehmet dorman broadfoot Mcgregor maginn McLean moy mahrez......

Virtually all these players were out of contract or about to run out of their contract.

No club has ever received any transfer fee for these players other than St. Mirren (leaving Mahrez out of it).

10 minutes ago, Svard svard said:

Although short term it's not good losing the good young players but at least finally it's good to see the youth academy bearing fruit..

Funny that since Longwell has left we have got a few players that look like they might get us some money.

Coincidence?

Players that he coached for a number of years. Yeah, it's a coincidence. 

What do you mean coincidence. These are all players that wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for Davie Longwell.do your research and look how Long we had these players under Davie. If it wasn't for Davie persuading all the parents that their sons future was with us and not the old firm academy's. we would have lost all these players a long time ago. We owe a huge debt to Davie Longwell. And a lot of people at the club and supporters are quick to forget!

8 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Players that he coached for a number of years. Yeah, it's a coincidence. 

One way of looking at it.

But what about the many years previous to that we only managed to get money for McGinn and McLean.

McMannus might be preparing them for the step up a bit better??

I wasn't slagging Longwell off was just wondering if he was missing that wee bit to help them step up.

He was an excellent servant to the club.

i probably didn't elaborate enough..

Edited by Svard svard

Just now, Svard svard said:

But what about the many years previous to that we only managed to get money for McGinn and McLean.

Unless McManus is marketing the players, hawking them out to clubs and negotiating any deals, it's coincidence.

26 minutes ago, Svard svard said:

Although short term it's not good losing the good young players but at least finally it's good to see the youth academy bearing fruit..

Funny that since Longwell has left we have got a few players that look like they might get us some money.

Coincidence?

Probably the most ill thought out comment I've read on here for a while .

9 minutes ago, Svard svard said:

I wasn't slagging Longwell off was just wondering if he was missing that wee bit to help them step up.

Did McManus help Mallan make the step up? Nope - that was Longwell. So your entire theory is based on Kyle McAllister. He hasn't left, so we don't know how much he'll go for, but when he does, it will be down to his talent, and being given his chance in the first team, something we as a club have a history of giving young players.

Respect your opinion, just curious as to what it's based on...

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Did McManus help Mallan make the step up? Nope - that was Longwell. So your entire theory is based on Kyle McAllister. He hasn't left, so we don't know how much he'll go for, but when he does, it will be down to his talent, and being given his chance in the first team, something we as a club have a history of giving young players.

Respect your opinion, just curious as to what it's based on...

I suppose i was more trying to gauge an opinion on this supposed scouting as we probably haven't had this much interest in a few of our young players since the Gillies era who was touted for Meelan by Fitzy.

As i said a poorly constructed question guilty as charged ma hands are up..

I suppose i was more trying to gauge an opinion on this supposed scouting as we probably haven't had this much interest in a few of our young players since the Gillies era who was touted for Meelan by Fitzy.
As i said a poorly constructed question guilty as charged ma hands are up..

The other variable in all of this is a change at boardroom level, which is probably more likely to be relevant...

10 hours ago, Paisley brazilians said:

As the previous BOD probably would have caved in. its testing times for jack and the club.

On the same day the club also announced that it had rejected a bid from Fleetwood Town for young midfielder, Kenny McLean. The bid of approximately £150,000 was deemed to low, with the club stating "the offer does not come close to the club's valuation of the player"

6 hours ago, Svard svard said:

Did we not get money for Stephen McGinn, Kenny McLean and John McGinn?

Mallan, McAllister, Morgan, Magennis, and Naismith all came through the ranks with Longwell... McAllister was given his debut aged 16 by Alex Rae last season I think.

As far as I know a contract can contain anything within reason as long as both parties agree. A sell on clause could be included, as could a minimum fee to trigger release. The only outcome would be that a club looking to buy the player might ask to buy out that part for an added sum or walk away because they don't like the deal.