Women's World Cup Final. Yanks v Holland

shull

39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While women's football is not quite at Barcelona level neither are many men's leagues. 

You don't have to look too far to see the poor standard passed off as professional football in Scotland, for starters.

It's in the early stages and is getting better.

It will only improve with further exposure and investment.

Women's tennis is an example where the improvements over the years have been amazing, all through investment and exposure.

Aye, women's football still has a way to go but it can, and will, only improve.

It's unfair to compare it to men's football, and certainly not the better teams/countries. 

PS It's not just ponytails, fecking false eyelashes FFS! :wink:

Did you watch the England Swiss game.??............... Feck - hasnt got that far to go :whistle

From what I've seen over the last month women's football is pish and of such a poor standard it wouldn't even be part of the foundations of the pyramid in the men's game.

Like I said I can see why the football industry wants to promote this tournament as a loss leader but it in no way deserves the coverage it's currently getting from the BBC. I would be happy to ignore it's existence if it stayed within it's own ghetto and probably will do so after this post.

I remember once at work the guys getting all patriotic and involved over an England vs Scotland episode of One Man and his Dog but it was in it's own clearly defined slot. It's really the overexposure of the tournament which features heavily in the Beebs "soft" news sections and has sometimes been the lead item in the main sports section for what is as I say merely a loss leader for the men's game.

@faraway saint I don't watch tennis (either gender) in BAWA tennis/golf/rugby resides in the GN forum which I reckon would be a more suitable location for women's football. 

As someone who has long hair just about to reach pony tail length again, it really is the most interesting aspect for me. 

Genuine question - has any forumster paid to watch a woman's football match?

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Genuine question - has any forumster paid to watch a woman's football match?

Yes, have been to Simply Digital several times along with 4000 others....................

the same crowd that was at the 1st Scotland v England MENS  match in 1872 ( when you were 30 )

PS The BBC have just bought the rights for the Gay pride World Cup 2022, cant wait to hear your comments on that one :wink:

Guest TPAFKATS

The technical aspect of most of the women's game is very good.
The goalkeeping tends to be a bit poorer though.

From what I've seen of games so far it's been relatively entertaining, esp compared to the group games at the men's World Cup or euros. Or even the most recent champions league final.
Its also been refreshing to see players accept decisions from the referee without dissent and their doesn't seem to be diving or feigning injury.
I'm sure this will come though esp with teams who have male coaches who have recently payed at a high level and are able to coach it into the players.

39 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The technical aspect of most of the women's game is very good.
The goalkeeping tends to be a bit poorer though.

From what I've seen of games so far it's been relatively entertaining, esp compared to the group games at the men's World Cup or euros. Or even the most recent champions league final.
Its also been refreshing to see players accept decisions from the referee without dissent and their doesn't seem to be diving or feigning injury.
I'm sure this will come though esp with teams who have male coaches who have recently payed at a high level and are able to coach it into the players.

Aye, has been, and remains so, a mile away from all the improvement in the outfield positions.

I shouldn't laugh at times but........................:lol:

The Scotland goalkeeper was outstanding yesterday. 

She would have had a better chance at the penalty if the dimensions of the Goalposts had been at smaller size in relation to the height of your average woman goalie. 

The Goalposts are too big and must be reduced. 

Farcical at the moment 

Just now, shull said:

She would have had a better chance at the penalty if the dimensions of the Goalposts had been at smaller size in relation to the height of your average woman goalie. 

Farcical at the moment 

Image result for funny clown pictures

10 minutes ago, shull said:

Farcical at the moment 

Just pick bigger Goalies

Sorted!!

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Yes, have been to Simply Digital several times along with 4000 others....................

the same crowd that was at the 1st Scotland v England MENS  match in 1872 ( when you were 30 )

PS The BBC have just bought the rights for the Gay pride World Cup 2022, cant wait to hear your comments on that one :wink:

I admire your OUTrage but I won't be going out of my way to watch the Gay Pride WC either (except for the hairstyles) as I don't think it'll be good football and I don't think they're special enough to deserve the attention. Are there going to be accompanying Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender WCs too?

The games you attended wouldn't have been the first women's international matches. :rolleyes: Looking forward to reaching 324 and seeing the rest of your your analogy fall to pieces. 

PS  - How much did you pay for these internationals?

I retain my opinion that the current shebang is a loss leader for the football industry and receiving more exposure than it's worth merits.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

I admire your OUTrage but I won't be going out of my way to watch the Gay Pride WC either (except for the hairstyles) as I don't think it'll be good football and I don't think they're special enough to deserve the attention. Are there going to be accompanying Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender WCs too?

The games you attended wouldn't have been the first women's international matches. :rolleyes: Looking forward to reaching 324 and seeing the rest of your your analogy fall to pieces. 

PS  - How much did you pay for these internationals?

I retain my opinion that the current shebang is a loss leader for the football industry and receiving more exposure than it's worth merits.

Mate

Your just being a blind sexist and therefore whats the point of discussing. However lets give it a try

Woman have every right to compete as men do. I know women say, " Look at the big Jessies that kid on they are hurt, cheat, dive and lets not forget FIFA and how the cheating goes all the way to the top.  

Womans football is innocent and its competitive AND its refreshing. Embrace or switch over and watch something else. Well done to the BBC for the coverage............Its also still very new

As for equal pay- well if it stops wee cheats like Neymar getting paid zillions , or Sanchez getting paid 350k a week to sit on a bench, or Man City spending half a billion on 8 players then I think you may find that Woman's football is far more sustainable

Also our woman, unlike our men have qualified-

Best of luck to them I say

Edited by DougJamie

19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate

Your just being a blind sexist and therefore whats the point of discussing. However lets give it a try

Woman have every right to compete as men do. I know women say, " Look at the big Jessies that kid on they are hurt, cheat, dive and lets forget FIFA and how the cheating goes all the way to the top.  The Q

Womans football is innocent and its competitive AND its refreshing. Embrace or switch over and watch something else. Well done to the BBC for the coverage............

As for equal pay- well if it stops wee cheats like Neymar getting paid zillions , or Sanchez getting paid 350k a week to sit on a bench, or Man City spending half a billion on 8 players then I think you may find that Woman's football is far more sustainable

Also our woman, unlike our men have qualified-

Best of luck to them I say

I don't care who plays football if they enjoy it, my points are

• This tournament is a loss leader for the football industry
  • The football I've seen so far has been pish - and these have presumably been the highlights!
  • The coverage on BBC presumably due to the bloated size of their sports department and it's spillover into their news programs is excessive.

I frequently discuss footballer's hairstyles during dull points in a match and frequently in general conversation so your Mr. 21st Century routine doesn't impress me.

PS - How much did you pay?

Edited by Bud the Baker

10 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

• The football I've seen so far has been pish - and these have presumably been the highlights!
  • The coverage on BBC  is due to the bloated size of their sports department and it's spillover into their news programs is excessive.

I frequently discuss footballer's hairstyles during dull points in a match and frequently in general conversation so your Mr. 21st Century routine doesn't impress me.

£10 FOR THE TICKET AND £5 FOR THE PONYTAIL

Guest TPAFKATS
  • The coverage on BBC presumably due to the bloated size of their sports department and it's spillover into their news programs is excessive.

The BBC coverage is due to them thinking England have a good chance of winning it.
IF England go out before the final...

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Any man that has, or is contemplating, a ponytail is in need of help.

Never ever trust a man with a ponytail, they, clearly have something wrong. 

Here endeth my input on ponytails. 

10 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I've seen you posting that a few times.

Care to show the figures as I've not seen any.

Will this do?

Soccer’s 2019 Fifa Women’s World Cup in France is expected to cost between €60 million ($70.3 million) and €70 million to stage, it has been reported. 

The local organising committee has set aside the funds, which it hopes to recoup through sponsorship and ticketing, according to France’s L’Equipe newspaper.

It is expected that there will be six national sponsors of the tournament, with exclusivity in each sponsorship category, and 1.45 million tickets up for sale.  

The budget also includes a grant of €6 million from France’s National Centre for the Development of Sport and a handout from Fifa, soccer's world governing body, for television production costs and tournament prize money.

Erwan Le Prevost, director of the local organising committee, told L’Equipe, that the “goal is not to lose money".

So despite getting a government grant, a handout from FIFA and piggybacking on stadia built for the men's game their aim is "not to lose money" - obviously the organisers don't know how much revenue they will generate but it sounds like a "loss leader" to me.

PS - It wasn't too hard to find!

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Obviously they didn't know then, that's quotes second hand from 2 years ago. emoji23.png

So, it's still a quote from the organisers acknowledging the tournament needs outside sources of income and the infrastructure of the men's game just to target breaking even.  You're just quibbling the women's game couldn't support a lavish tournament like this by itself - as I said a loss leader for the football industry. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

………….and the football's still pish!

Edited by Bud the Baker

26 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

So, it's still a quote from the organisers acknowledging the tournament needs outside sources of income and the infrastructure of the men's game just to target breaking even.  You're just quibbling the women's game couldn't support a lavish tournament like this by itself - as I said a loss leader for the football industry. :rolleyes:

Reveal hidden contents

………….and the football's still pish!

The woman's game is just at the beginning of its journey.................... so get use to it...............

For a loss leader - SPFL, SPL, SFA, Setanta, Sevco take the honours

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

The woman's game is just at the beginning of its journey.................... so get use to it...............

For a loss leader - SPFL, SPL, SFA, Setanta, Sevco take the honours

Once I finish this cup of coffee, I'm going to wash my hair using juicy green apple shampoo & conditioner (separate bottles) after which I'll see if I can make a decent stab at a pony tail. I've been waiting since the Brechin game last April (my last haircut) for this day.

Outside of St. Mirren I have little interest in football, women's football will join international football, English football, Champion's League football as aspects of the game I only see when they make the main news. 

52 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Once I finish this cup of coffee, I'm going to wash my hair using juicy green apple shampoo & conditioner (separate bottles) after which I'll see if I can make a decent stab at a pony tail. I've been waiting since the Brechin game last April (my last haircut) for this day.

Outside of St. Mirren I have little interest in football, women's football will join international football, English football, Champion's League football as aspects of the game I only see when they make the main news. 

Thanks for sharing your blinkered look on life . Says a lot about your narrow minded posts TBH

23 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Thanks for sharing your blinkered look on life . Says a lot about your narrow minded posts TBH

In terms of quality the current tournament is mediocre, in terms of finance it's clearly a loss leader for tapping into the women's market.

What happens in the future is anybody's guess but this is 2019, the former is my opinion and I stand by it, the latter should have been self-evident but I provided evidence that the professional league down is losing money and that the tournament in question is subsidised and piggybacking on the men's game.

I celebrate diversity in life, hairstyles and bread based products!

27 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

In terms of quality the current tournament is mediocre, in terms of finance it's clearly a loss leader for tapping into the women's market.

What happens in the future is anybody's guess but this is 2019, the former is my opinion and I stand by it, the latter should have been self-evident but I provided evidence that the professional league down is losing money and that the tournament in question is subsidised and piggybacking on the men's game.

I celebrate diversity in life, hairstyles and bread based products!

As all you can say is loss leader, you have demonstrated your needle is stuck....................

I sggest you stay clear of the nasty future as you do obviously dwell in the distant past 

You are entitled to your opinion of course but its one game played by men and women, not two seperate ones................