shull

Women's World Cup Final. Yanks v Holland

Just reading about the Americans overcelebrating.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/uswnt-ripped-for-over-the-top-celebrations/

Not impreesed with one of them pinning it on gender. A bit tiresome.

"Would you tell a men’s team to not score or celebrate?"

Erm, yes, but I can't think of too many times when anyone has had to.

5 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Just reading about the Americans overcelebrating.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/uswnt-ripped-for-over-the-top-celebrations/

Not impreesed with one of them pinning it on gender. A bit tiresome.

"Would you tell a men’s team to not score or celebrate?"

Erm, yes, but I can't think of too many times when anyone has had to.

TBF there was no over-celebrating from what I saw on the highlights and even if there was WGAF.

These players have dreamed of playing in a World Cup for their whole lives. And they are supposed to tone down their celebrations and restrict it to a handshake? That is a ridiculous thing to ask of professional sportswomen or men. It's not as though they slid along the pitch whirling their tops in the air and screaming in the faces of their opponents.

Someone online was talking about maybe they should have stepped off the gas and scored fewer goals. Whit???? Whenever I played I wanted to score as many goals as possible. If we were 13-0 up I'd have been barrelling for a 14th. The Americans have the killer instinct. Other teams might do well to consider that.

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

TBF there was no over-celebrating from what I saw on the highlights and even if there was WGAF.

These players have dreamed of playing in a World Cup for their whole lives. And they are supposed to tone down their celebrations and restrict it to a handshake? That is a ridiculous thing to ask of professional sportswomen or men. It's not as though they slid along the pitch whirling their tops in the air and screaming in the faces of their opponents.

Someone online was talking about maybe they should have stepped off the gas and scored fewer goals. Whit???? Whenever I played I wanted to score as many goals as possible. If we were 13-0 up I'd have been barrelling for a 14th. The Americans have the killer instinct. Other teams might do well to consider that.

Blow football..........................I can imagine you'd be quite good at that. 😂

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Well when you played  Bon Accord you certainly had the killer instinct.... 😉

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Piling on the goals is not an issue. Scotland have twice gone out of World Cups on goal difference after failing to pile it on the group whipping boys.

They are being panned even by their own fans for this, and specifically it's trying to push the narrative towards gender that I'm not a fan of.

We can qualify if we beat Argentina on Wednesday  and Chile dont win by  5 goals or more on Thursday.

Chile might as they play Thailand.

Hopefully not another GLORIOUS FAILURE by a Scottish International Team.

COME ON THE LASSIES !!!

13 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Scotland wummin 1 Argentina wummin 0

I'm trying to be honest and decide what level of Scottish football this game is equivalent to....................

Having watched a few Arbroath games last season, me bad, I'd say similar to the top teams in league 1. 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm trying to be honest and decide what level of Scottish football this game is equivalent to....................

Why? We don't think about comparing Saints matches to EPL standards do we? That would be stupid.

The men's game has had over 100 years of development, funding and promotion to get to where it is.

You can't compare with the womens game.

Just watch the game and enjoy it for what it is FFS.

Or go watch something else.

Edited by oaksoft