Sin Bin Betting Thread

faraway saint

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No you didn't.  🤪

Again…you are wrong. But, what do I care. One bet made with money given to me to place as part of the job I was doing as a mystery shopper. The £60 paid for a meal out. Never went into a betting shop again. Depressing place, I thought but the staff were pleasant and efficient if I recall correctly.

4 hours ago, 3 moffat buds said:

No chance ! Got this far in life without risking too much.  My biggest ever single bet was £30 years ago when I backed Real Madrid to win at Darkhead only for them to lose to a team that included Alan Sneddon who I think scored that night.  That gave me a warning that I have heeded ever since not to get in too deep but just treat it as a wee bit of fun.

Anyway about to have breakfast followed by an enjoyable train journey with my family and friends before getting ‘Giddy for Galway’ https://galwayraces.com/

Good luck, I hope you have a great time. 

Personally I think Irish horse racing is a betting minefield - those enormous fields give the bookies too many chances to beat your bets, and so many winners with (on paper at least) no previous form to speak of.

But obviously some punters must win, so let's hope you're one them.

I've just stuck my house on tonight's England v Sweden game.
Utter madness, hardly watched any games so it's the kind of bet I warn my son away from.
Ach well, I have a tent......................oh wait, I don't. 
You do have a man cave though, so as long as you never stuck your back garden on the game too, you'll be fine.

1 minute ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
I've just stuck my house on tonight's England v Sweden game.
Utter madness, hardly watched any games so it's the kind of bet I warn my son away from.
Ach well, I have a tent......................oh wait, I don't. 

You do have a man cave though, so as long as you never stuck your back garden on the game too, you'll be fine.

Well, first of all, I dislike that "man cave" shite, stinks of dinosaur man and insulting to anyone's wife/partner. 

Secondly, it is a separate dwelling so I have somewhere, unfortunately washing/cooking could become an issue. :lol:

Well, first of all, I dislike that "man cave" shite, stinks of dinosaur man and insulting to anyone's wife/partner. 
Secondly, it is a separate dwelling so I have somewhere, unfortunately washing/cooking could become an issue. [emoji38]

What if the partner is also a man?

That's what launderettes and chip shops are for, so no issue. The issue you may have is that (I assume) the power comes from that house you just "gambled away".

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:

What if the partner is also a man?

That's what launderettes and chip shops are for, so no issue. The issue you may have is that (I assume) the power comes from that house you just "gambled away".

Knew that was coming. :snore

The power could have be an issue but, it's ok, I just made a last minute bet, the house is MINES. :thumbs2

Knew that was coming. :snore
The power could have be an issue but, it's ok, I just made a last minute bet, the house is MINES. :thumbs2
Maybe you did, maybe you didn't, still doesn't answer the question.

Well done, but watch you don't blow yourself up.

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Good luck, I hope you have a great time. 

Personally I think Irish horse racing is a betting minefield - those enormous fields give the bookies too many chances to beat your bets, and so many winners with (on paper at least) no previous form to speak of.

But obviously some punters must win, so let's hope you're one them.

Started off well after missing the first race due to traffic issues had another winner and 2 e/w places before my wife picked up €145 on the last race - roll on tomorrow 😆

20220726_174641.jpg

20 hours ago, 3 moffat buds said:

Good start to our final day here €122  returned 😆

20220728_141811.jpg

Fizzled out bit after this with only some places clearing my outlay.  I honestly don’t know how anyone lasts the pace here for the full seven days of the festival - presumably for those that do is the reason behind them having a priest there on Sunday to deliver mass in the parade ring🙏

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Anyone know where I could get a Scottish ante-post request a bet???

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

What's it for? Horse racing, football etc. If horse racing - coral. If football then probably best with Paddy Power

What's it for? Horse racing, football etc. If horse racing - coral. If football then probably best with Paddy Power
It was for Scottish football I wanted a price on St Mirren St Johnstone Motherwell and Aberdeen all to sack their managers this season but Motherwell beat me to it.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk