The Alan Stubbs Appreciation Thread

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Alan Stubbs Loyal Army , bang bang bang. Alan Stubbs Loyal Army , bang bang bang.   All will be well come Saturday at 4.45 ich after we beat Livingston. :clapping 

All will be well if we dont win. The club been in existence 151 years......  this is one of the good ones plying our trade at the top level..... 

Yeah, a few of the regulars have went over the top so far. One claiming they were glad not to have bought a season ticket and another claiming some of the performances are the worst he’s ever seen.

the latter especially - he’s says he’s no going back on a monthly basis. Quit supporting us that many times :lol:

Posted this on another thread but in hindsight should have put on here.

Just finished reading Alan’s book “How Football Saved My Life “. I found it a really interesting read and left me with nothing but respect for what he (like many others) have been through. As well as his 2 illnesses he describes his life in football and without going into too much detail he tells us how important he sees team spirit and players bonding are to him, Centre Half partnerships, coaching styles and what he has gleaned from top managers throughout his career. I know none of this guarantees you will be a successful manager but let’s just get behind the guy and see what happens..... at least for now. Interesting as well that during his pro licence at Largs it was St Mirren board members who did his mock job interview. Would have been old board of course.

7 minutes ago, shull said:

My mum supported St Mirren and never attended a match in her life. 

She made sure my Dad, myself and two brothers got to matches every week. 

My mum supported St Mirren and went to two Scottish cup finals, a European tie and nearly forgot she came along to Dumbarton one freezing Saturday. My wife was a Hearts fan when I met her she is from the east coast but now she is a buddie over 30 years of married seen to that B)

39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Her opinion wasn't valid...........:lol:

True, but she would give it anyway. 

And funnily enough, without knowing the score , she knew if we had won or lost, by the look on our faces as we came into the house after the match. 

" I take it, you lost again ? " she would say. 

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My mum supported St Mirren and went to two Scottish cup finals, a European tie and nearly forgot she came along to Dumbarton one freezing Saturday. My wife was a Hearts fan when I met her she is from the east coast but now she is a buddie over 30 years of married seen to that B)

Bloody gloryhunters aw those women. :lol:

52 minutes ago, shull said:

My mum supported St Mirren and never attended a match in her life. 

She made sure my Dad, myself and two brothers got to matches every week. 

You put your finger on it Shull.

She cared and helped ensure that this was transformed into practical and financial support as well as at an emotional level. 

Couldn't have given a better example. 

My mum supported St Mirren and went to two Scottish cup finals, a European tie and nearly forgot she came along to Dumbarton one freezing Saturday. My wife was a Hearts fan when I met her she is from the east coast but now she is a buddie over 30 years of married INSERT MISSING WORD HERE seen to that B)

Can I ask , what was the missing word ?

You said “‘30 years of married ??? seen to that.

Bliss ?
Hell ?
Torture?

Just now, faraway saint said:

Naw, Ricky has quite a list...................see a few posts above and see if you qualify. 

Gold star if you do. 

Grow up F Man and learn to read. 

One day you might a.  Be respectful to others b.  Go to games etc (unless of course as I said  circumstances don't permit) 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Grow up F Man and learn to read. 

One day you might a.  Be respectful to others b.  Go to games etc (unless of course as I said  circumstances don't permit) 

That's the point we are making. 

Your heart and support can be with St Mirren without going to Matches. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

a) Respect is earned you get feck all ya condescending cnut

b) Been to a game, do I get a prize? 

There you go again. 

First refuge of a loser on here..... Bad language. 

Second... A contradiction (see previous posts where you say you don't go to home games) 

Are you Donald Trump in Disguise? 

1 minute ago, shull said:

That's the point we are making. 

Your heart and support can be with St Mirren without going to Matches. 

Did I say it couldn't? 

I said where circumstances permitted. 

My own wife has suffered illness for40 years but made sure that she made it possible for me to take my sons and pals. 

She,  like your mum helped turn emotional support into bums on seats. 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Do you stick your fingers in your ears at games, ya fecking trumpet? :lol:

Childish. 

Once again. 

Slow, clumsy and just,well, lacking really. 

Oh... and the contradiction... you don't go to home games,  you do go. 

Which is it.?

Are you forgetful? 

That would explain a lot. 

Edited by St.Ricky