Well Said Tony

DougJamie

4 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

So you utilise the increased amount from the TV companies to lower the admission prices, and at the same time the club(s) make no financial gain or added income to compensate them. :unsure:

I accept the argument that dropping the prices should see an increase in numbers, but there will be a balancing point where the decrease in cost will bring less benefit to the club as opposed to being a status quo. If the club essentially gets no benefit financially, what merit is there in them dropping the prices!

What does an evening out cost these days? 

40,50,60 pounds. 

55 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What does an evening out cost these days? 

40,50,60 pounds. 

This Friday night will cost me around fifteen pounds and that is including my Season and Car parking ticket. 

Not any more than £17 and that is plenty. 

25 minutes ago, shull said:

This Friday night will cost me around fifteen pounds and that is including my Season and Car parking ticket. 

Not any more than £17 and that is plenty. 

I get it Shull and apart from paying for two guests to go into the 1877 club it will be much the same for me.But....What might be an average taxi fare from Glasgow City Centre to say Ralston cost? What does an "average" person spend on food and drinks on an evening out? 

Edited by St.Ricky

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I get it Shull and apart from paying for two guests to go into the 1877 club it will be much the same for me. But....What might be an average taxi fare from Glasgow City Centre to say Ralston cost?

Between 10 and 11 pounds. 

Also, as tickets are prepaid in the Summer, I will spend not a penny going to the Match on Friday. 

Not even a Match Programme since they fecked me about with them in July. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Also, as tickets are prepaid in the Summer, I will spend not a penny going to the Match on Friday. 

Thanks Shull.  Same for me on the cost of attending and parking.  Also no longer buy a programme.

19 minutes ago, shull said:

Ferry £6.50 return. bottle beer on ferry £4.00 ( small one ) Train to St James £8 two or three pints at the stadium £12 ish. Buddie Good Food £4.50. Beer on the ferry home £4.00 So around £39.00. If I'm high from a good win will go to a local over here probably another £15. Take flowers , chocolates and a bottle of win to the wife from the co-op if I stayed out for an hour or two. So near the £100 mark. But it can be a very enjoyable day out. My wife will have a night out the following week with her friends as I don't go to away games now. 

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Ferry £6.50 return. bottle beer on ferry £4.00 ( small one ) Train to St James £8 two or three pints at the stadium £12 ish. Buddie Good Food £4.50. Beer on the ferry home £4.00 So around £39.00. If I'm high from a good win will go to a local over here probably another £15. Take flowers , chocolates and a bottle of win to the wife from the co-op if I stayed out for an hour or two. So near the £100 mark. But it can be a very enjoyable day out. My wife will have a night out the following week with her friends as I don't go to away games now. 

So that's 6 Beers ..................... Geez mate

Message Oakey who will give you some much needed dietary and Lifestyle tips :P 

21 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The background information about the clubs is, I think, correct. You have also identified our main competition and the challenge facing us in raising revenue generated by the club to make and sustain a challenge for the notional 5th place in Scottish Football. The board have identified the same. All I can do as a fan is to ensure that I turn from a fan into an active supporter by e.g. buying a season ticket, paying for a parking place,  joining the 1877 club or using Hospitality or simply buying tickets for home games. Fans with businesses can support the club in many ways whilst promoting their business etc. 

I totally  get where you are coming from but the majority of fans 'Probably' can't afford to do any of those things. Being an active supporter costs an absolute fortune. The club needs our support but we also need support from the club. You are obviously at a stage in your life where you have the disposable income to spare on a pastime you enjoy and expect no return from.  Most younger active supporters  probably organise their finances week to week and don't have the luxury more affluent supporters have to save money by buying a season ticket or any other of the luxuries you propose.. 

The Club owns land on a prime site next to Scotland's biggest international airport. They  have to turn this into an asset to generate income if they want to survive and compete. Even if 5000 people all bought season tickets, joined the 1877, squeezed into corporate and got chauffeurs to drive them home from their spot in the carpark after drinking hospitality dry each week. St Johnstone would still be way ahead of us with their 1M start.

Creative business thinking is the only thing that will narrow the  financial gap between us and the big boys, not milking the fans.

Getting a competitive team on the park is what we all want but at the moment it seems like.

"One town, one team, one vision, nae idea how to do it."     

Come on the BOD  get it sorted.. 

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

So that's 6 Beers ..................... Geez mate

Message Oakey who will give you some much needed dietary and Lifestyle tips :P 

Looks to me like around 7 pints plus 2 bottles of beer and then a bottle of wine.

I think we are seeing the root cause for the spelling mistakes, the late night personal abuse and the inability to follow any conversation.

His food intake is the least of his problems.

I don't waste my time with lost causes.  :D

8 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I totally  get where you are coming from but the majority of fans 'Probably' can't afford to do any of those things. Being an active supporter costs an absolute fortune. The club needs our support but we also need support from the club. You are obviously at a stage in your life where you have the disposable income to spare on a pastime you enjoy and expect no return from.  Most younger active supporters  probably organise their finances week to week and don't have the luxury more affluent supporters have to save money by buying a season ticket or any other of the luxuries you propose.. 

The Club owns land on a prime site next to Scotland's biggest international airport. They  have to turn this into an asset to generate income if they want to survive and compete. Even if 5000 people all bought season tickets, joined the 1877, squeezed into corporate and got chauffeurs to drive them home from their spot in the carpark after drinking hospitality dry each week. St Johnstone would still be way ahead of us with their 1M start.

Creative business thinking is the only thing that will narrow the  financial gap between us and the big boys, not milking the fans.

Getting a competitive team on the park is what we all want but at the moment it seems like.

Essentially we are singing from the same page.  The offerings needn't be the same for every fan. Some are fortunate in having more disposable income than others so the club is catering for these.

Personally, I would like to see still more done to attract young people and families to games but acknowledge that progress is being made there. I would also like to have seen more publicity given to the credit arrangement for people to buy season tickets. Would love there to be a well provided and run fan zone also.

But you are right.  The ground is near the motorway, near the airport and has parking. Ideal for further development. I visit Falkirk FC Stadium quite often and they run a 7 day a week cafe/restaurant (other than match times). Similar with St Johnstone.  Decent food at decent prices with free parking and WiFi connection sees a lot of locals and business people meeting there.

Then premises rental, hotel space etc etc but two things. One...our ownership model ensures a change in ownership in a specific time.  Second..tied into the above is the need to raise capital for these developments.

Things have gone well. Our public profile is higher than for many years and set to go higher still. The board have a tiger by the tail. Can they handle it? Yes but may need to strengthen the board. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Essentially we are singing from the same page.  The offerings needn't be the same for every fan. Some are fortunate in having more disposable income than others so the club is catering for these.

Personally, I would like to see still more done to attract young people and families to games but acknowledge that progress is being made there. I would also like to have seen more publicity given to the credit arrangement for people to buy season tickets. Would love there to be a well provided and run fan zone also.

But you are right.  The ground is near the motorway, near the airport and has parking. Ideal for further development. I visit Falkirk FC Stadium quite often and they run a 7 day a week cafe/restaurant (other than match times). Similar with St Johnstone.  Decent food at decent prices with free parking and WiFi connection sees a lot of locals and business people meeting there.

Then premises rental, hotel space etc etc but two things. One...our ownership model ensures a change in ownership in a specific time.  Second..tied into the above is the need to raise capital for these developments.

Things have gone well. Our public profile is higher than for many years and set to go higher still. The board have a tiger by the tail. Can they handle it? Yes but may need to strengthen the board. 

My big fear is the uncertainty caused by SMISA. Even as a SMISA member I have no idea what the plan is when GS is bought out and who knows gets control of the club. Until this is sorted the kind of business brain we need will possibly have no interest in doing business with a club who don't know where they are going. 

At the time SMISA was the only game in town. It probably still is but too many unanswered questions about what happens next for my liking.

6 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

My big fear is the uncertainty caused by SMISA. Even as a SMISA member I have no idea what the plan is when GS is bought out and who knows gets control of the club. Until this is sorted the kind of business brain we need will possibly have no interest in doing business with a club who don't know where they are going. 

At the time SMISA was the only game in town. It probably still is but too many unanswered questions about what happens next for my liking.

SMISA Was The change of Ownership I was referring to.  This can be a big advantage or a lead weight.  Joint planning will be needed, if not already in place. 

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

" Some are fortunate in having more disposable income than others so the club is catering for these."

Aye guid tae see the club catering fur folk wi mair disposable income. 

42 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

As always good post. 

4 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

" Some are fortunate in having more disposable income than others so the club is catering for these."

Aye guid tae see the club catering fur folk wi mair disposable income. 

Nit picker.  I advocate the club meeting the needs of all supporters and to do so they use different pricing and services to provide across the affordability spectrum.  Did you not read the whole post? 

Edited by St.Ricky

42 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Looks to me like around 7 pints plus 2 bottles of beer and then a bottle of wine.

I think we are seeing the root cause for the spelling mistakes, the late night personal abuse and the inability to follow any conversation.

His food intake is the least of his problems.

I don't waste my time with lost causes.  :D

The difference is I know how and when to enjoy myself. While you wear the big white judgemental  wig. Time you started acting like the intellectual one you keep telling us you are. Your a classic text book intellectual but no experience of real life and real world living. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The difference is I know how and when to enjoy myself. While you wear the big white judgemental  wig. Time you started acting like the intellectual one you keep telling us you are. Your a classic text book intellectual but no experience of real life and real world living. 

You can dress it up however you like but drinking that vast amount of alcohol and then coming onto the forum to personally abuse others doesn't sound like "knowing how and when to enjoy yourself". It does reek of someone trying to fill a hole in their life. I am way past being judgemental on this. You need help bud and I hope you find it.

19 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

SMISA Was The change of Ownership I was referring to.  This can be a big advantage or a lead weight.  Joint planning will be needed, if not already in place. 

The big question is. Who is SMISA. My understanding is once GS is bought out, the obligation on contributions from members ceases. SMISA contributors have no stake in the club and we are in Limbo. Effectively they (whoever they are) could just say "thanks we got the club cheerio" to all the contributors because as soon as GS is paid the payments stop. No SMISA income at all after the buyout, never mind a £2 spend. Joint planning I'm not aware there has been any planing. That's what concerns me. 

Edited by East Lothian Saint

Just now, oaksoft said:

You can dress it up however you like but drinking that vast amount of alcohol and then coming onto the forum to personally abuse others doesn't sound like "knowing how and when to enjoy yourself". It does reek of someone trying to fill a hole in their life. I am way past being judgemental on this. You need help bud and I hope you find it.

Look your constant snipping and I'm at fault here also must be boring everyone. If you feel the need to carry on do it by PM I will happily play ping pong with you. 

1 minute ago, East Lothian Saint said:

The big question is. Who is SMISA. My understanding is once GS is bought out. The obligation on contributions from members ceases. SMISA contributors have no stake in the club and we are in Limbo. Effectively they (whoever they are) could just say "thanks we got the club cheerio" to all the contributors because as soon as GS is paid the payments stop. No SMISA income at all after the buyout, never mind a £2 spend. Joint planning I'm not aware there has been any planing. That's what concerns me. 

And me!  I haven't yet been convinced about the model.  Great deal for GLS meanwhile ( no criticism intended) who gets the club to play with (he's doing a good job) for putting 700k up with a repayment plan in place.  The Club will be owned by SMISA as I understand it.  Does this mean it is owned as a subsidiary?  The Not For Profit Model has many potential benefits but is not without it's own issues.  Ownership is essentially,  mutual, shared amongst members.  What constitutes a member and the governance structure can be changed.  I'm certainly not against it but would like to see the post purchase model.