Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So what do you believe? 

Higher, lower? :blink:

Neither really. I don’t know if it was 5000 of none. All I truly believe is that it definitely is not 173.

Do you know what I think too. I think I feel more sorry for the on average 450 people who died from cancer today. Or the 180 people that died from a heart attack today. Or the 120 people who died from kidney failure etc etc. Why? Because no one seems to give a flying f**k about them at the moment. 
All these f**king sob stories on the news about all these amazing people who have died from COVID. At least they are grabbing the headlines. Unlike all the other folk dying of boring old ordinary stuff.

To paraphrase Kevin Costner in Bull Durham “Well f**k this f**king virus”.

Add it to the list of other shit folk die from and let’s crack on. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Neither really. I don’t know if it was 5000 of none. All I truly believe is that it definitely is not 173.

Do you know what I think too. I think I feel more sorry for the on average 450 people who died from cancer today. Or the 180 people that died from a heart attack today. Or the 120 people who died from kidney failure etc etc. Why? Because no one seems to give a flying f**k about them at the moment. 
All these f**king sob stories on the news about all these amazing people who have died from COVID. At least they are grabbing the headlines. Unlike all the other folk dying of boring old ordinary stuff.

To paraphrase Kevin Costner in Bull Durham “Well f**k this f**king virus”.

Add it to the list of other shit folk die from and let’s crack on. 

Aye, now, step away from the bevvy. :lol:

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Honestly though. I’m waiting for the news story that says....... This is Jeremy Bradshaw from Leominster who succumbed to Coronavirus today. Family, friends and neighbours all said Jeremy was a right khunt. One of life’s great arseholes. 

And how did Jeremy catch it.............oh, he was our bevvying all day on VE day, high fiving and kissing/cuddling any person he could corner.............................RIP. 

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Can I just check.....are people still seriously believing any numbers being spouted.

I don’t believe a f**kin word that we are told. 

I believe that just one of our forum bretheren is still in that category, posting the daily numbers like an errant bingo caller.

He reminds me of that Japanese guy in the woods, still fighting 30 odd years after everyone had gone home...

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Honestly though. I’m waiting for the news story that says....... This is Jeremy Bradshaw from Leominster who succumbed to Coronavirus today. Family, friends and neighbours all said Jeremy was a right khunt. One of life’s great arseholes. 

Never going to happen.

Pnly those who "live life to the fullest" and "didn't have a bad word to say about anyone" seem to die of anything these days.

38 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I believe that just one of our forum bretheren is still in that category, posting the daily numbers like an errant bingo caller.

He reminds me of that Japanese guy in the woods, still fighting 30 odd years after everyone had gone home...

Let's not go back to the numbers game, you know who's got a better understanding.

100,000 by the end of the year. :lol:

Oh, could be between 500,000 & 800,000 coz that what a scientist told me could happen. :lol:

Interesting to see over the last three days of reporting Sweden (3,660) has now topped UK (3,612) for new cases for the first time, as far as I can tell. Sweden a country with roughly 1/6 our population over an area roughly twice the size is now reporting more new coronavirus cases. Of course early days to see if it continues. 

There was little doubt in the scientific community that the approach Sweden took to the pandemic was very risky and there approach in not locking down now seems obviously wrong. Sweden was one of the few places for anti-lockdown posters to hide during this. Common sense tells us that has evaporated. Shame on them. 

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Interesting to see over the last three days of reporting Sweden (3,660) has now topped UK (3,612) for new cases for the first time, as far as I can tell. Sweden a country with roughly 1/6 our population over an area roughly twice the size is now reporting more new coronavirus cases. Of course early days to see if it continues. 

There was little doubt in the scientific community that the approach Sweden took to the pandemic was very risky and there approach in not locking down now seems obviously wrong. Sweden was one of the few places for anti-lockdown posters to hide during this. Common sense tells us that has evaporated. Shame on them. 

The amount of new cases must be a concern for a country that is closer to 1/7 the population of the UK. :rolleyes:

Interesting that you only use the last 3 days, when there have been very high numbers, as the previous 2 days total was under 400, shameful.

You seem to have omitted their death toll is only 1/8 of the UK, so is lower per million than the UK. 

I can't be arsed searching but as they have not locked down their economy is not as f**ked up as the UK? 

I'm not saying I agree with their approach but as you use Sweden on a regular basis, which is your prerogative, at least TRY to show the bigger picture. 

Shame on you. 

12 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Can I just check.....are people still seriously believing any numbers being spouted.

I don’t believe a f**kin word that we are told. 

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Let's not go back to the numbers game, you know who's got a better understanding.

100,000 by the end of the year. :lol:

Oh, could be between 500,000 & 800,000 coz that what a scientist told me could happen. :lol:

Excellent whataboutery, fs...

...but you KNOW they are correct.  

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The amount of new cases must be a concern for a country that is closer to 1/7 the population of the UK. :rolleyes:

Interesting that you only use the last 3 days, when there have been very high numbers, as the previous 2 days total was under 400, shameful.

You seem to have omitted their death toll is only 1/8 of the UK, so is lower per million than the UK. 

I can't be arsed searching but as they have not locked down their economy is not as f**ked up as the UK? 

I'm not saying I agree with their approach but as you use Sweden on a regular basis, which is your prerogative, at least TRY to show the bigger picture. 

Shame on you. 

You’re genuinely trying to defend this situation to point score? That is shameful.
For the avoidance of doubt I am not in anyway defending the U.K. who have poorly handled this pandemic, I am simply pointing out it is now beyond doubt that lockdown was the call that should have been made in Sweden to mirror other countries. 
Also you’ve been told before, the death total should be taking with a pinch of salt due to the nature of reporting and the delay in reporting. not sure what you still don’t get about that. But yes U.K. appears to be one of the absolute worse, I am again not defending them in this post. (I think I’ve made that clear but with you it’s challenging to know how simplistic points must be) 
I clearly caveat regarding the three days by saying it’s ‘early days’ and ‘let’s see if if continues’ 

The economy is not much of a concern to me when it comes to human life. I think it’s pathetic to hold such views. but I’m not sure how well it’ll fair as others start to recover before they’ve hit their peak (as some have suggested & the data certainly points to) 

Everything I showed was relative & clear. You’ve just missed the point completely. Hope I’ve explained it now on a level you can understand 👍

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’re genuinely trying to defend this situation to point score? That is shameful.
For the avoidance of doubt I am not in anyway defending the U.K. who have poorly handled this pandemic, I am simply pointing out it is now beyond doubt that lockdown was the call that should have been made in Sweden to mirror other countries. 
Also you’ve been told before, the death total should be taking with a pinch of salt due to the nature of reporting and the delay in reporting. not sure what you still don’t get about that. But yes U.K. appears to be one of the absolute worse, I am again not defending them in this post. (I think I’ve made that clear but with you it’s challenging to know how simplistic points must be) 
I clearly caveat regarding the three days by saying it’s ‘early days’ and ‘let’s see if if continues’ 

The economy is not much of a concern to me when it comes to human life. I think it’s pathetic to hold such views. but I’m not sure how well it’ll fair as others start to recover before they’ve hit their peak (as some have suggested & the data certainly points to) 

Everything I showed was relative & clear. You’ve just missed the point completely. Hope I’ve explained it now on a level you can understand 👍

Let's stop right there.

YOU were the one point scoring.

I only pointed out the other facts that you, conveniently, missed in your attempts to POINT SCORE. 

As for the rest of your post......................WGAF. 

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The economy is not much of a concern to me when it comes to human life. 

The success of any country’s economy underpins the length and quality of that life.

it really should be of “concern”.

THAT is what underpins the whole debate about - when does lockdown end.

A balance MUST be struck.

i think you chucked in that line, thoughtlessly...  and might reconsider...

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

It's highly unlikely that he will understand. The true impact is difficult to tell in an overall context whether within the 4 nations of the UK or internationally. Apart from different methods of recording deaths attributed to the virus there are the deaths that have occurred or may occur from non treatment of other conditions. Then there is the Impact of poverty and genuine mental and physical issues caused by the short, medium and longer term effects on the economy. At present there are few, if any, objective judgements that can be made. Knowing Sweden as I do, I must admit to astonishment at their approach. But.. The country has taken in a huge number of migrants. That may have impacted. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Let's stop right there.

YOU were the one point scoring.

I only pointed out the other facts that you, conveniently, missed in your attempts to POINT SCORE. 

As for the rest of your post......................WGAF. 

Careful, that’s two of your allowed responses to me making yourself look a bit silly. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Careful, that’s two of your allowed responses to me making yourself look a bit silly. 

The F Man looks close to the edge. I know we all go easy on him but it looks like we will have to be extra tolerant just now. He is clearly facing challenges. 

46 minutes ago, antrin said:

The success of any country’s economy underpins the length and quality of that life.

That can certainly be true to an extent and if the impact on the economy gets to the stage where it is really impacting quality of life then absolutely.
But right now we have a very pressing issue in a global pandemic that is killing large number of people the world over. Right now a shrinking economy is very much secondary on my concern list as it should be with everyone (IMO)  

A shrinking economy in itself shouldn’t mean countries can’t look after their people’s physical and mental health. There is more than enough resources globally to do this, recession or otherwise. 

Guest TPAFKATS

However in the short term, weeks as opposed to years it's pretty much irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, antrin said:

However in the short term, weeks as opposed to years it's pretty much irrelevant.

I see where you are coming from. Governments have prioritised health in my opinion. The only parts of the economy which were exempt from full lockdown have been the NHS, Food Stores, Communications and Media. Others have been more effected. Some, like online businesses have enjoyed a bonanza. This stage is more difficult all round. The balance, more difficult to achieve. But.. Its also necessary, not just for ecomonic reasons but also for general health and well-being. It's no surprise that we are apprehensive. I certainly am. I have the feeling that this and the next stage are going to be very testing.