Coronavirus

faraway saint

On 6/16/2020 at 4:19 PM, faraway saint said:

Today's number, 233, Tuesday usually sees a jump after the previous two days lower numbers.

All being well the rest of the week will see daily numbers under 200. 

Today's number, 184, fingers crossed the rest of the week stays under the 200 mark. 

19 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Scottish Weekly Covid death figures just out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-52944935

70 for last week - down by 19.

Progress continues - hopefully not long until we hit 0 😞

UK numbers for the last two weeks show a similar drop.

Two weeks ago 1,400, last week 1,025, a drop of 375 (almost 27%)

Scotland down 21%

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

So, today's the day wee Nicola announces the changes to the current lockdown.

It better be good, personally I'm fed up as I'm the only person still following the rules. :rolleyes:

Key points for me today........................

You would also be able to meet people from another household indoors with physical distancing and hygiene measures. 

Pubs and restaurants can open outdoor spaces with physical distancing and increased hygiene routines.

You would also be able to meet people from another household indoors with physical distancing and hygiene measures. 
Pubs and restaurants can open outdoor spaces with physical distancing and increased hygiene routines.

As I have been saying for 10 days or so, it's been obvious since then pubs etc were not going to happen, it's 15 July now for sure. Apart from that today was slightly more than I expected. All shops bar those non essential ones in Silverburn type centres from 29 June is good as is dentistry. The Boris bubble is a bonus and the shielding changes are more than expected....oh and we can "officially " piss at another person's home.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

As I have been saying for 10 days or so, it's been obvious since then pubs etc were not going to happen, it's 15 July now for sure. Apart from that today was slightly more than I expected. All shops bar those non essential ones in Silverburn type centres from 29 June is good as is dentistry. The Boris bubble is a bonus and the shielding changes are more than expected....oh and we can "officially " piss at another person's home.

I disagree it's more, or close to, than expected or what the public and businesses want and need.

We are losing ground every day/week to trying to get any decent level of economic recovery.

The lockdown has, in all but name, gone for large parts of the day to day lives of the public and the virus continues to decrease between 20-30% weekly.

Continued restrictions will impact on the confidence of the public and businesses.

Scottish unemployment is already above the English average and will probably remain so the longer this continues.

Personally, and I'm not speaking for, or trying to persuade anyone, I'm disappointed and teetering on shoving any restrictions right in the bin. 

I disagree it's more, or close to, than expected or what the public and businesses want and need.
We are losing ground every day/week to trying to get any decent level of economic recovery.
The lockdown has, in all but name, gone for large parts of the day to day lives of the public and the virus continues to decrease between 20-30% weekly.
Continued restrictions will impact on the confidence of the public and businesses.
Scottish unemployment is already above the English average and will probably remain so the longer this continues.
Personally, and I'm not speaking for, or trying to persuade anyone, I'm disappointed and teetering on shoving any restrictions right in the bin. 
I wasn't saying it's what was needed I tend to agree with you but based on the routemap it's pretty much what it said minus the beer gardens. I kinda expected a bit more caution based on how thing have been going. There is very little now I personally can't do other than go to a pub or out for a meal. As these places simply are not open then I can't ditch those particular restrictions. What restrictions are you thinking on ditching that you haven't basically already. I'm struggling to think of anything I'm not now doing that I possibly could if I wanted to.

52 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

All good stuff

47 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I wasn't saying it's what was needed I tend to agree with you but based on the routemap it's pretty much what it said minus the beer gardens. I kinda expected a bit more caution based on how thing have been going. There is very little now I personally can't do other than go to a pub or out for a meal. As these places simply are not open then I can't ditch those particular restrictions. What restrictions are you thinking on ditching that you haven't basically already. I'm struggling to think of anything I'm not now doing that I possibly could if I wanted to.

I'm going into Dundee tomorrow, new furniture needed and I won't make a decision on a spending a considerable amount of money choosing items online. More than 5 miles, big fecking deal. 

My granddaughter will visit us tomorrow, not playing this single grandparent game, another nonsense.

We'll make a decision on having a real quiz night/party in the next day or two, provisionally planned for the end of this month. 

Nothing startling but that's the point, the lockdown is over and the R number is low enough that the chances of transmitting it is very low indeed.

PS none of the above take into account the continual damage being done to businesses every passing day. 

PPS I'm heading into Dundee right now, rebel I am. 

Edited by faraway saint

Utter drivel.
You must be blind, deaf and, well the next bits more obvious, dumb.
The great British public are very much to blame as this virus isn't transmitted by voodoo.
While many people blame the government the same people have been flouting the rules and then they are greetin on TV about a poor soul who has lost their live to this virus.
Aye, you continue to live your life the way you like while many have paid the price to prevent themselves, and others, catching this.
There's been aspects of the lockdown that I have disagreed with but for the sake of others I've complied. 
Aye, you, as you do at every turn, blame the government, ignoring the thousands who have partied like it's 1999. 

BBC News - Coronavirus: Matt Hancock's social distancing slip-up caught on camera
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53079006

The public stupidly take their lead from some politicians.

8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

BBC News - Coronavirus: Matt Hancock's social distancing slip-up caught on camera
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53079006

The public stupidly take their lead from some politicians.

No they don't.

They might use that as an excuse for their own stupidity.

Hancock only done this yesterday, doesn't quite explain the hundreds of mass gatherings that's been going on, and that's only queuing up to get into Primark. 

The other smaller gatherings are countless yet the numbers continue to drop in considerable numbers.

A wee bit like @Ayrshire Saints, there's not too much that really impacts me but the few that do are now being reviewed at my discretion.

PS Don't misunderstand me, I've been exemplary to date, even if I agreed or not, unlike thousands upon thousands. 

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Hancock promised it by May, Johnson promised world beating trace app by start of June. To be fair I don't think he ever said what year.
Another example of how utterly incompetent and corrupt this government are.
£25 million I think it was given to a mate of Cummings without a proper tendering process. Has any app every cost so much, irrespective of whether it actually works.
Every tech expect asked, said it wasn't secure and wouldn't work.
They then put a tory baroness in charge of it who had previously been ceo of talk talk when they had a massive security breach.
They could've used an EU app, but refused cos y'know, brexit.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Today's number, 135, see's the continuation of the downward trend.

Scotland's number today, 2. :rolleyes:

Aye, well done Nicola, keep it safe, FFS! :thumbsdown

Maybe you should give her a call and see if she'll take your advice over her scientific advisors.:lol:

If her trusted advisors, based on their expertise, are advising caution, then she's going act on their advice.

She's got a few "reviews" going on, which I reckon may have a positive outcome within a slightly shorter time period than stated.

Having said that, I do happen to think that all shops should be allowed to open as long as they and the shoppers follow the current social distancing and PPE advice.

I've got a feeling that the beer garden decision stems from the fact that if when they open, there are two chances of social distancing being observed. i.e. None and fuck all!

I was in work this week and, if the current trend in numbers persists, I'm even more convinced that, come August, a normal timetable will be in place, without the requirement for "blended learning".

15 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Maybe you should give her a call and see if she'll take your advice over her scientific advisors.:lol:

If her trusted advisors, based on their expertise, are advising caution, then she's going act on their advice.

She's got a few "reviews" going on, which I reckon may have a positive outcome within a slightly shorter time period than stated.

Having said that, I do happen to think that all shops should be allowed to open as long as they and the shoppers follow the current social distancing and PPE advice.

I've got a feeling that the beer garden decision stems from the fact that if when they open, there are two chances of social distancing being observed. i.e. None and fuck all!

I was in work this week and, if the current trend in numbers persists, I'm even more convinced that, come August, a normal timetable will be in place, without the requirement for "blended learning".

The R number, as I recall, is between .6 - .8, well within the parameters that other countries have relaxed things more than Scotland has.

People can't blame Boris when he followed the science then wee Nicky get's an out of jail card. :lol:

There's plenty of scope to get things moving faster.

She's allowing vulnerable groups out of the house, shielded, that, IMO, should be the last people out and about IF there's any major risk. 

I've stayed away from the blame game and my view on this is the she's over cautious. 

As the numbers tell us, if people choose to believe them or not, the virus is disappearing fast and has, unofficially, been ignored by thousands for some weeks. 

I discussed the hassle teachers are getting right now with my daughter and said the same thing, wasting time and effort right now as little, if any, time come August will require to continue to play the game. 

PS Again, tell business's that are struggling to stay afloat that a country that has close to no deaths things should stay closed. 

PPS Didn't you say drinks were being served on the streets of Glasgow some weeks ago? The lockdown's been over for thousands of people for weeks.

I was in Dundee today, looked a normal amount of people around and all the shops were strong on social distancing, stay safe. 

Edited by faraway saint

The caution is a trade off to get the numbers low enough* to enable normal schooling come August. Said as much on a news interview there. It's a trade off basically and one that if she sets definite (achievable realistic) parameters and sticks to them, the Scottish public will probably accept.

*continue like this it should be low single figs

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The caution is a trade off to get the numbers low enough* to enable normal schooling come August. Said as much on a news interview there. It's a trade off basically and one that if she sets definite (achievable realistic) parameters and sticks to them, the Scottish public will probably accept.

*continue like this it should be low single figs

Sensible.