Hibernian v St Mirren SPFL Premiership 6/8/23

shull

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

It's the clubs that allow it. If they voted against it or for the removal of it we wouldn't have it.emoji6.png

Yes, I realise that, but I just felt the need to vent. In my opinion; it makes us look like a seaside league if truth be told, not only does it clearly give an unfair advantage to the home team..........unless you are Kilmarnock or Livingstone playing at t'others  ground, but it causes injuries that would not happen on grass pitches, so again purely for health and safety reasons, should be banned.  Apologies for ranting on, it's a bugbear of mine

19 hours ago, jaybee said:

it clearly says  "incompetent set of administrators (being polite) we have, that run Scottish football," and more specifically defines " allow premiership football games to be played on worn-out plastic grass from B & Q." as the medium played on and the particular league concerned..  I understand and appreciate that many teams in the lower leagues need to use plastic pitches as a matter of economics and practicality and see no problem with that, I am simply concerned that we should never have allowed them in the top division.

Killie should have the wherewithall to keep their pitch in good nick since they make money out of it  and have a half-decent attendance.  They should be told that any future in the premiership is dependent on them improving the surface.  I think the Livi experiment has run it's course, they have had a chance to build a premiership standard club and only survive on prize money, away fans and the hope of transfer fees. 

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Killie should have the wherewithall to keep their pitch in good nick since they make money out of it  and have a half-decent attendance.  They should be told that any future in the premiership is dependent on them improving the surface.  I think the Livi experiment has run it's course, they have had a chance to build a premiership standard club and only survive on prize money, away fans and the hope of transfer fees. 

TBF Livi have a superb manager who is only reason they are in Premiership..  but agree with your thoughts