Hibernian v St Mirren SPFL Premiership 6/8/23

shull

You'd place a bet on historic results? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Who mentioned a bet???

You asked the poster his reasons for his opinion any points were a bonus I suggested a reason he might think that.

Our best team in 30+ years still got pumped twice at Easter Road.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Who mentioned a bet???

You asked the poster his reasons for his opinion any points were a bonus I suggested a reason he might think that.

Our best team in 30+ years still got pumped twice at Easter Road.

My point is that the current form of both Hibs and us would suggest we've a decent chance of taking something from this game or haven't you been paying attention to the last few Hibs results, some calling last weeks European game one of the worst in their history? 

A more logical reply would have been it is away from home so that is a concern. 

Previous seasons have little to do with next weeks game.

Surprised I had to explain this to you. 🙄

Edited by faraway saint

My point is that the current form of both Hibs and us would suggest we've a decent chance of taking something from this game or haven't you been paying attention to the last few Hibs results, some calling last weeks European game one of the worst in their history? 
A more logical reply would have been it is away from home so that is a concern. 
Previous seasons have little to do with next weeks game.
Surprised I had to explain this to you. [emoji849]
What of our current form suggests we've a decent chance of taking something???

We have struggled away to Morton, Montrose and Cowdenbeath and just because Hibs struggled after travelling thousands of miles mean we have a decent chance???

Is this Andorra team any better than Morton, Montrose or Cowdenbeath that we struggled against???

This Hibs team was pretty shi*e most of last season and our best team in 30 years couldn't beat them I have been to last 10 matches at Easter road and despite some really good performances have one solitary win there in that time.

Easter Road, Tynecastle, Pittodrie, McDiarmid park I think we have a grand total of 1 win at each of them in roughly 10 years so that suggests to me that despite regular changes of players and management St Mirren repeatedly fail to win at these grounds and nothing in last month suggests that we have a decent chance we have a chance but imo not a decent one.

Previous experience also tells you when St Mirren fans start expecting to win games we know what comes next i.e Kilmarnock at home last season should remind you of that.

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

What of our current form suggests we've a decent chance of taking something???

We have struggled away to Morton, Montrose and Cowdenbeath and just because Hibs struggled after travelling thousands of miles mean we have a decent chance???

Is this Andorra team any better than Morton, Montrose or Cowdenbeath that we struggled against???

This Hibs team was pretty shi*e most of last season and our best team in 30 years couldn't beat them I have been to last 10 matches at Easter road and despite some really good performances have one solitary win there in that time.

Easter Road, Tynecastle, Pittodrie, McDiarmid park I think we have a grand total of 1 win at each of them in roughly 10 years so that suggests to me that despite regular changes of players and management St Mirren repeatedly fail to win at these grounds and nothing in last month suggests that we have a decent chance we have a chance but imo not a decent one.

Previous experience also tells you when St Mirren fans start expecting to win games we know what comes next i.e Kilmarnock at home last season should remind you of that.

You, conveniently, missed out we won comfortably against Arbroath and Forfar?

I had, also mentioned our away form is a concern.

Again HISTORIC form means next to nothing, I really think you're barking up the wrong tree here.

And that old white about "St Mirren expecting to win games" is overused.

Let's wait and see,. 

I despair at some of our support, what an outlook. <_<

Thanks for that Ronnie, maybe consider not going to Easter Road then, just a thought?
You'll be pleased I'm not going on Sunday then.

I'm just trying to point out that just because Hibs lost to a team from Andorra the strange people like faraway have pretty much got the 3 points in the bag already forgetting how poor we also have been against similar level opposition.

The strange people are using Hibs losing a friendly at Blackpool as ammunition too.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm just trying to point out that just because Hibs lost to a team from Andorra the strange people like faraway have pretty much got the 3 points in the bag already forgetting how poor we also have been against similar level opposition.

The strange people are using Hibs losing a friendly at Blackpool as ammunition too.

You are talking shite now Ronnie. 

Hibs lost to Blackpool yet you quoted Morton? :lol:

You're having a nightmare. :byebye

On 7/29/2023 at 5:41 PM, HSS said:

Looking forward to this one,tickets and bus already sorted 🏁🏁🏁

I've thought about starting to use one of the buses, however I don't go to enough away games to justify signing up. 

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I agree with you. I think we will have a difficult game at Easter Road. I would love to be wrong, but we have struggled away from home and their game against Andorra could just be an anomaly. A meaningless friendly means absolutely nothing, too. 

10 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I look forward to see how effective our forwards are in this game , Easter Road seems a big park and we have a bit of pace in our attack so it will be interesting to see how fast these guys are against a premiership team . Will also be good to see  Mandron is against Premiership opposition.  Coys .

It's the delivery of the crosses that I think will make the difference. Some great ball played in against Forfar and Arbroath that made all the difference. If Ryan and Connor are on form Mandron will have something to play with. 

22 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Ticket office sent me an email saying they "hope" to get them out before the Dundee game but, if not I could download the app or get game tickets at the office on the day.

Thanks I was meaning that Hibs game. I ordered on Friday and they haven't arrived.