St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 8/11/23

shull

4 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Fortunate point tonight. Too many players not at their best. Gogic, Strain, McMenamin, O'Hara all below par. But a point's a point and we'll take it. Oh, and Newell is a dirty bastard.

Fortunate?

We were easily equal to them.

We gave them a goal from one of our best players this season yet showed great resilience to get a well-deserved equaliser late on.

A draw was the right result. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Fortunate?

We gave them a goal from one of our best players this season yet showed great resistance to get a well-deserved equaliser late on.

But you reckoned we were 'in control', so what does that say? We were never in control of that game in the first half. We played better in the second half, but were lucky to get the penalty, which was very soft, but you win some, you lose some.  Telling stat is that we only had the same number of shots on target as they did.

6 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

But you reckoned we were 'in control', so what does that say? We were never in control of that game in the first half. We played better in the second half, but were lucky to get the penalty, which was very soft, but you win some, you lose some.  Telling stat is that we only had the same number of shots on target as they did.

Lucky to get a penalty that was a penalty?  :wacko:

So, that suggests a draw was the right result? :lol:

PS No mention of their first goal................................lucky? :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Lucky to get a penalty that was a penalty?  :wacko:

Yes, lucky in that VAR picked it up, and the ref saw enough in it to give the penalty. I've seen enough of those NOT given, and if it was at the other end we'd all be saying no penalty.  As for the draw, yes it was the right result in the end, but that doesn't mean we deserved it.

1 minute ago, saint in exile said:

Yes, lucky in that VAR picked it up, and the ref saw enough in it to give the penalty. I've seen enough of those NOT given, and if it was at the other end we'd all be saying no penalty.  As for the draw, yes it was the right result in the end, but that doesn't mean we deserved it.

Aye ok. <_<

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Fortunate?

We gave them a goal from one of our best players this season yet showed great resilience to get a well-deserved equaliser late on.

I’m going to say something that’ll sound a bit daft (no like me), but I think being fortunate to get the draw and deserving to get the draw and two different things and I think they both apply.

We deserved a draw because we put as much into the game tonight as Hibs, but make no mistake we were fortunate because we were largely f**kin honkin tonight and a better team would have seriously punished us.  We defended terribly, in particular Gogic and Strain. We had players falling all over the place and losing possession in dangerous areas. Baccus was terrible when he came on. Barely did a thing right. The midfield generally had a very rare off night.

On the upside, Tanser was once again outstanding for 90 minutes. Greive was excellent in the short time he was on, as was Jamieson. I thought McMenamin worked hard and put in a good few dangerous crosses that no one got on the end of. 

All in all though, I think we should be pretty grateful for that point, especially so late in the game. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m going to say something that’ll sound a bit daft (no like me), but I think being fortunate to get the draw and deserving to get the draw and two different things and I think they both apply.

We deserved a draw because we put as much into the game tonight as Hibs,

That was enough. :wink:

Thought we deserved a draw on balance of play.
Too many key players slightly off it. Another strong display from Hemming, especially getting Gogic out of jail and his save low to his right second half. 
Baccus needs to start every game if fit. 
Story of the night for me is young Jamieson. When he came on he was demanding the ball, looking to make things happen, taking players on, put in some great balls and got his goal at the death. He could develop into a valuable asset for us  

Squad looking good with the players we were able to bring on tonight, even although we can play better. 

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Fortunate?

Nonsense, that was a dreadful performance. Too many mistakes and  sloppy play.

A lucky point but great for Jamieson who made a brilliant contribution.

1 minute ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Thought we deserved a draw on balance of play.
Too many key players slightly off it. Another strong display from Hemming, especially getting Gogic out of jail and his save low to his right second half. 
Baccus needs to start every game if fit. 
Story of the night for me is young Jamieson. When he came on he was demanding the ball, looking to make things happen, taking players on, put in some great balls and got his goal at the death. He could develop into a valuable asset for us  

Squad looking good with the players we were able to bring on tonight, even although we can play better. 

1 minute ago, Hunterian said:

Nonsense, that was a dreadful performance. Too many mistakes and  sloppy play.

A lucky point but great for Jamieson who made a brilliant contribution.

Please read the post above. :byebye