St.Mirren in the 90’s

1 hour ago, Helmettroll said:

Don't think this game would've been on the TV, it was a Saturday 3 o'clock game and I left work early to go to this, I'd planned to meet fellow workmates in the cellar bar after the game but they were involved in a bad car crash on the way home, luckily no one got seriously injured, I would have been in the crash if I hadn't went to the game..

Yeah,think you’re correct about not being on TV 📺 Could it have been this game in 90/91 season?

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1990&GameID=199102260

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Yeah,think you’re correct about not being on TV 📺 Could it have been this game in 90/91 season?

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1990&GameID=199102260

Wow, I have zero recollection of this game ever taking place.. then again I was in my early 20s and partying hard, things have always been a bit blurry around this time..😂

1 hour ago, Helmettroll said:

Wow, I have zero recollection of this game ever taking place.. then again I was in my early 20s and partying hard, things have always been a bit blurry around this time..😂

I was working away and phoned my mate at half time He told me the score was 3-0 and I asked who for? 😂

8 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

Don't think this game would've been on the TV, it was a Saturday 3 o'clock game and I left work early to go to this, I'd planned to meet fellow workmates in the cellar bar after the game but they were involved in a bad car crash on the way home, luckily no one got seriously injured, I would have been in the crash if I hadn't went to the game..

6 hours ago, HSS said:

Yep. You are both correct lads. That was the game. It was live on Sky which was a relatively rare thing for us. I must admit I thought when we were already in the first division when that game happened, but clearly not.

On 11/12/2023 at 10:14 AM, shull said:

Fir Park 1993.

Nightmare wintery weather as we watched from the uncovered terracing a horror show on the pitch.

Train broke down on the way home too. Arrived back in Newcastle at about 2 am and had to start work at 6. Was only on a casual week to week basis at the time so had to make it in to keep my chances of being taken on. Was an absolute nightmare but I'm still working for them 30 years on anyway.

19 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

It is exceedingly rare for us to be live on TV for any away league games.

@Eric Arthur Blair probably has full details on our last away top flight league TV appearance that wasn’t a playoff game. 

On Sky it was v Dunfermline in July 2011.

BT Sport probably the 3-2 win at Dundee (Cody Cooke HT).

On 11/13/2023 at 8:43 AM, stlucifer said:

I'm surprised you found a buddy willing to talk about THAT game.😮

Older relatives talked about it.  Their attitude at the end of the day was very much it was a football match, there's much more serious stuff in life that can scar you emotionally.  I like to think I have the same attitude as they did.

On 11/13/2023 at 10:51 AM, Helmettroll said:

Your own "Sliding Doors" moment, Helmettroll. 😲

Good and Not Good Buddies of the 1990's.

Norrie McWhirter - Good

Jim Dick - Good

John Hewitt - Good

BigYardsandBasher - Both Good.

Gary McGrotty - Good

Martin Baker - Good

and many more.

David Elliott - Not Good

Alan Combe - Not Good

Gerry Creaney - Not Good

Lex Baillie - Not Good

Fraser Wishart - Not Good

Mark Reid - Not Good

David Hay - Not Good

And lots more of the not goods.

18 hours ago, shull said:

Robert Dawson - Not Good

Brian Smith - Not Good

Campbell Money - Good

Tommy Turner - Good

Junior Mendes - Good 

Wayne Foster, Stuart Munro. The return of McAvennie!

Quite incredible how many players come and go.  

It was a decade with more lows than highs but as Sir Tom took over it was our way up (for a season anyway).

45 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

What a goal that would have been by Jim Dick if David Wylie hadn't managed to get a touch on it.  A good performance from Alan Combe in that game also.

He is often overlooked, but if it’s wasn’t for Combe and a Hugh Murray rocket at Forthbank we could have been part time and doing a good impersonation of Airdrie, Morton, QoS etc