Welcome Rooney

15 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Could this mean Strain away? 

I would think he, and Baccus, will be looking for a move. I believe Rooney can fill in at a few positions on the park but we did sign Elvis on an extension to his deal. 

On the plus side, it does kinda point to SR being comfortable in his role. With this and the fact that Mackay has been made director of football at hibbies, it bodes well to our manager staying.

Edited by stlucifer

On 5/15/2024 at 10:54 AM, spankin_panda said:

Shaun Rooney joining Saints - was always a standout with the Fakes. 

Been reading on another platform about this guy and there's plenty of supporters of other teams that would have him in a heartbeat.

Me, I'm genuinely very pleased as our manager, time after time, gets the best from players.

Roll on next season. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Been reading on another platform about this guy and there's plenty of supporters of other teams that would have him in a heartbeat.

Me, I'm genuinely very pleased as our manager, time after time, gets the best from players.

Roll on next season. 

Good age and plenty experience 

As you say a fantastic addition to the team 

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The last thing we need. 

Yeah , when Gowser was in trouble for police assault we stood by him , and it was mostly forgotten , but this is a different BOD and we are pushing the "community club " thing in a big way, we also had the bother with Basher and the dope. Who knows , but I hope it's not too serious and we can get him back in the fold sooner rather ta later !

6 hours ago, billyg said:

Yeah , when Gowser was in trouble for police assault we stood by him , and it was mostly forgotten , but this is a different BOD and we are pushing the "community club " thing in a big way, we also had the bother with Basher and the dope. Who knows , but I hope it's not too serious and we can get him back in the fold sooner rather ta later !

I wonder what the nature of the allegations are.  Given Mr Needham's alleged involvement in an incident then it could be a case of double standards if the club come down very hard before anything is proven.  We should also not forget Kibble's past record in rehabilitation of offenders.

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The hate aspect increases the possible punishment for those charged with it

hopefully not the end of his career but that is all to be seen 

my only comment is why was he out on the town after a game

It was a Wednesday night/Thursday morning

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

OK, I was told by a Rangers fan that it was last weekend 

It's amazing that on Social Media this has ended up with Rangers and Celtic all over it.....only in the West of Scotland 🤷‍♂️

Obviously due process must occur - however ,  I credit the club at this stage who " appear" to have acted swiftly and done as much as they could under the circumstances we are currently aware of .

Footy defies logic and hate crimes and violence aren't always career ending 

We all have our opinions - guess at this stage we let the police do their thing and see how this potential mess unfolds 

2 hours ago, WeeBud said:

It's amazing that on Social Media this has ended up with Rangers and Celtic all over it.....only in the West of Scotland 🤷‍♂️

I heard of this from one of them on a call at work this morning and that is the reason I cautioned against googling it because the comments that would have been associated on that website are entirely predictable given Rooney's background.  The hate crime tag being attached to an assault on a female make it very serious from a career perspective and the club must be considering some education and self-awareness training for Shaun even if he is either not taken to court or found not guilty.  It will take some fast footwork on this to limit the damage

we will hear when the club are ready, as well as determining the facts, the club will be looking at any next steps either in mitigation or dismissal and any announcement will include the full package.  In any event, we can expect that Rooney wont be back this side of Christmas unless the charges are immediately dropped (or maybe an early hearing that results in a favourable verdict).  

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

we will hear when the club are ready, as well as determining the facts, the club will be looking at any next steps either in mitigation or dismissal and any announcement will include the full package.  In any event, we can expect that Rooney wont be back this side of Christmas unless the charges are immediately dropped (or maybe an early hearing that results in a favourable verdict).  

What makes you think he won't be back this year? 

Takes weeks for a case to come to court and unless the charges are dropped the club won’t  conclude the investigation until the verdict and circumstances are made public

taking disciplinary action before a verdict may  prejudice Rooney’s case. Putting him back in  the side would make the club look tolerant of hare crimes so he is firmly in the long grass until something gives