Ashes To Ashes

Bud the Baker

dust to dust

if Siddle don't get ya

Johnson must..................

133 years after the death of English cricket let battle recommence - on Wednesday in Cardiff (cos it's really England & Wales vs Australia)! bag.gif

C''mon the baggy greens.................

Looking forward to it.

Unfortunately for the first two tests I'll be in Bordeaux for parts of it and will find it extremely difficult to watch it.

Although, Bordeaux seems to have a penchant for English pubs, so I might find it on TV in this type of pub, if I can persuade the wife to partake in a few cooling afternoon alcoholic beverages.

Looking forward to it.

Unfortunately for the first two tests I'll be in Bordeaux for parts of it and will find it extremely difficult to watch it.

Although, Bordeaux seems to have a penchant for English pubs, so I might find it on TV in this type of pub, if I can persuade the wife to partake in a few cooling afternoon alcoholic beverages.

I know how you feel Bud , know how you feel ! clap2.gif

Should be good, love an ashes summer.

I'm predicting 5-0 to the Aussies smile.png

4 - 0 with 1 draw due to shite weather.

As improved as the MCC are, they'll struggle to cope with the Aussie bowlers.

Still noticeable gaps in the MCC bowling line up, in terms of test quality.

Guest TPAFKATS

Who's got the yellow jersey?

That'll be the guy that's most under par.

Whoever has the speed to beat the offside trap.

Sounds like it might y be worth a wee watch.

England 416 - 8

Outstanding

All out 430, a good score on a good wicket.

Aussies weathered a good start from Anderson and Broad, and now looking comfortable, a 500 or 600 is possible as the pitch should be at it's best for batting today and tomorrow.

Cmon the Aussies thumbup2.gif

An entertaining middle session, 119 runs and 2 wickets falling.

145-2 and the Aussies probably just shading it again, but only just, a most enthralling first test.

Its great hearing Ricky Ponting telling it like it is on Sky Sports, not being drowned out by the english commentators.

Its great hearing Ricky Ponting telling it like it is on Sky Sports, not being drowned out by the english commentators.

Yeah Punter always called it as he saw it regardless of the consequences, he got a few peoples nose out of joint doing this as Australian captain but IMO opinion he was, and is, a breath of fresh air.

Intriguing test. Game has moved at a roaring pace and ordinarily England would be home and hosed with Oz needing 400+ but with 2 full days to go if Australia get to say 200 and are only 2 or 3 down it could get interesting. England still big favs but might get more interesting than some are predicting.