Sack The Board!

I know... Its a feeble chant thats never delivered what it calls for, but the continued intransigence of a board who make one horrendous decision after another to alienate fans is breathtaking.. (Wee Celtic Park, Extortinate gate fees for this league, Members Only bar...etc, etc...)

I firmly believe they are so arrogant, uncaring and desperate to save face that they will not remove Murray this season come what may!

If by some quirk of fate we dont get relegated their view will be "thats the manager bedded in now, we go again 2016-17", I cant see anything, or anyone at present that will make them act, they will be loathed to repeat the shitstorm of last seasons managerial merry-go-round, so Murray I reckon is safe for the season, and probably beyond as this board coundn't sell Ice Cream in Italy!

Murray came out and had a go at the fans/customers.... A slap in the face to the people paying his wage to endure his naivety. The Board's response...... Absolutely f**k all.....

Now most company boards would have either sacked or publicly rebuked an employee for an act of gross misconduct like that! Not the hand wringers at SMP (you can f**k off with your other stupid stadium name), no they probably said "aye its ok Ian you dont need to aplogise, cause we never do when we take the piss out of that lot either".

The only way that lot will act is if their cash flow is stemmed or diverted, anyone got the bottle for that?

Edit: BTW having the name " Murray" in your thread title is So... Last week now!

Edited by Lord Pityme

LPM. Must admit I did not see this coming, that in December we would have 3 matches that are all 6 pointers for the wrong reason. Gilmour et al have been cutting everything since they did clear our debts. Yes they did a great deal in 2008 and here we are 7 years on and we have a financial stable club with training facilities and a nice wee tea room and toilets.

Ok now to facts, the club is plummeting not only in status but in ability. TC was a good coach and now has gone in disgrace, Teale was a good player and has gone , Lennon was a successful manager and has gone, as has McLean, McGinns, Samson and any decent loan signing we had. As Gilmour said...... its a result driven business??? Ok. What results are they?? No home wins, 8th in League level with potential relegation with 2 part time clubs. Yes that's a Result (For them) I would love them to go but that's La la , it wont happen, they will hold on, kill us further until they accept defeat and the fact, that con a supermarket chain but surely not us

The only way that lot will act is if their cash flow is stemmed or diverted, anyone got the bottle for that?

"Their cash flow" ?

I think you mean the cash flow of the football club.

The directors, as you know, don't take a salary from the football club, but do, quite regularly, pitch in their own money to keep the show going.

I know you know that.

Anyway, how about YOU actually DO something instead of constantly asking other folk to do something.

If YOU want to organise a protest against the board. DO IT.

"Their cash flow" ?

I think you mean the cash flow of the football club.

The directors, as you know, don't take a salary from the football club, but do, quite regularly, pitch in their own money to keep the show going.

I know you know that.

Anyway, how about YOU actually DO something instead of constantly asking other folk to do something.

If YOU want to organise a protest against the board. DO IT.

Why dont you do something instead of constantly defending an out of touch, hapless, rudderless board. They are making the decisions that are damaging the club, not the fans!

What I am doing is not attending home games until the current manager is gone. I won't contribute to someone's wages when they show no sign of improving, learning or taking advice.

Please tell us all WHAT are you doing Div other than defending them yet again..?

And if you "Know I Know That" why would you twist my words to try and make them look like they mean something else first???

Whose pulling the strings? Somethings never change eh?

Let's get some perspective here. This a board that saved us from extinction don't forget. Made us debt free, moved us to a new modern stadium and got us our new purpose built training facilities.

Recent manager appointments have been poor and they have made some mistakes but they have the club at heart.

We all need change the board have admitted this themselves hence the reason the club the club is up for sale. They have taken the club as far as they can but should they walk away from the club well out of pocket and sell to anyone? No they shouldn't. I wouldn't want that as Hearts & Rangers fans would certainly testify going down that route can cause nearly fatal results.

These guys are not billionaires so just can't walk away from the club without money in their pockets as I am sure they have put a shed load of money and effort in that has no doubt impacted their lives. Football clubs are a commodity no matter how much you may love it them.

We had the chance to move to fan ownership but we couldn't come together to make it work. The board will eventually go but I trust they will get the best deal for them and us but until that time for me it's better the devil you know.

Why dont you do something instead of constantly defending an out of touch, hapless, rudderless board. They are making the decisions that are damaging the club, not the fans!

What I am doing is not attending home games until the current manager is gone. I won't contribute to someone's wages when they show no sign of improving, learning or taking advice.

Please tell us all WHAT are you doing Div other than defending them yet again..?

And if you "Know I Know That" why would you twist my words to try and make them look like they mean something else first???

Whose pulling the strings? Somethings never change eh?

I'm going to games and supporting the team, same as I always do. I don't go to games to cheer or jeer the board, I go to support the team.

That's what I'm doing.

The board have made mistakes recently. The appointment of Tommy Craig, the decision to not really replace him properly and it looks like the decision to appoint Ian Murray have all been mistakes.

I weigh that up against all the good things they have done for the club over the years too.

I can't forget the fact that we have a new stadium, a dedicated training complex, no debt, had 8 years of top flight football, three cup finals, two cup wins, one title win.

Of course people like you will say that was nothing to do with the board.

You can't have it both ways though.

So yes, I do have a lot of time for the board. I won't apologise for that.

It is time for the board to change though. The club needs new energy and new leadership. I hope that SMiSA & Gordon Scott can pull off their bid.

Talk of "starving the club of cash" is absolute f**king madness though.

As for "twising your words" did you or did you not state "The only way that lot will act is if their cash flow is stemmed or diverted, anyone got the bottle for that?"

You tell me who THAT LOT are and why it is "THEIR CASH FLOW" ?

I'm going to games and supporting the team, same as I always do. I don't go to games to cheer or jeer the board, I go to support the team.

That's what I'm doing.

The board have made mistakes recently. The appointment of Tommy Craig, the decision to not really replace him properly and it looks like the decision to appoint Ian Murray have all been mistakes.

I weigh that up against all the good things they have done for the club over the years too.

I can't forget the fact that we have a new stadium, a dedicated training complex, no debt, had 8 years of top flight football, three cup finals, two cup wins, one title win.

Of course people like you will say that was nothing to do with the board.

You can't have it both ways though.

So yes, I do have a lot of time for the board. I won't apologise for that.

It is time for the board to change though. The club needs new energy and new leadership. I hope that SMiSA & Gordon Scott can pull off their bid.

Talk of "starving the club of cash" is absolute f**king madness though.

As for "twising your words" did you or did you not state "The only way that lot will act is if their cash flow is stemmed or diverted, anyone got the bottle for that?"

You tell me who THAT LOT are and why it is "THEIR CASH FLOW" ?

Really? Thats your question?

Ok lets try again. That Lot = Board and Cash Flow = Cash Flow. Should be simple enough.

The talk of "Starving The Club of Cash" are your words, not mine. Never in my life have I Jeered the team, or indeed the board. So there you go again twisting and multiplying by a million.

Every supporter knows what the board have done, but the good stuff stopped happening years ago, now they think nothing of re-branding the new stadium with the colours and logo of a club who have a bigoted following. How many more season's, years, relegations and failed appointments should they continue to bring to the club... 5... 10... 15 years???

You Can sit, do nothing and hope for change, or you can make your own small changes. Doing nothing is seldom the right option.

Really? Thats your question?

Ok lets try again. That Lot = Board and Cash Flow = Cash Flow. Should be simple enough.

Yeah except you didn't answer my question so it obviously wasn't that simple. I'll try again.

Why is it "their" cash flow was my question. Should be simple enough?

This is the bit where you suggest starving the club of cash. Divert, stem, starve. All has the same meaning.

Take cash away from the club, and what? What's the end game there einstein ?

That Lot = Board and Cash Flow = Cash Flow. Should be simple enough.

Just to get things clear are you implying that the Directors have a personal cash flow from the club for their own benefit or are you suggesting that the working cash flow of the club (the business) be stemmed (this I presume is by non-attendance at home games). Also, where are you suggesting the cash flow be diverted to and how would you plan to achieve this?

Yeah except you didn't answer my question so it obviously wasn't that simple. I'll try again.

Why is it "their" cash flow was my question. Should be simple enough?

This is the bit where you suggest starving the club of cash. Divert, stem, starve. All has the same meaning.

Take cash away from the club, and what? What's the end game there einstein ?

Lets try again... shall we?

Its their cash flow because they own the majority of the company shareholding, they receive it through turnover and decide how it is spent!

And if me not going to home games equals in your mind the club being starved of cash, there aint a lot more to explain. But if you wish to twist what I say by substituting other words lets try this approach.

You get your "Inside Source" at the club to create a load of pre-approved proformas for BAWA. And people with their own opinion like me who may have the urge to post something that strays from the party line approved by the board can simply have their whole post substituted for the pre-approved, board friendly version.

You would have thought an unofficial fans forum would be the one place saints fans that are frustrated, bemused, angry at the manager trying to drive a wedge between them and the team could post openly. But hey this is ST Mirren we're talking about. Fergie saw all this decades ago.

Just to get things clear are you implying that the Directors have a personal cash flow from the club for their own benefit or are you suggesting that the working cash flow of the club (the business) be stemmed (this I presume is by non-attendance at home games). Also, where are you suggesting the cash flow be diverted to and how would you plan to achieve this?

No thats what Div is trying to twist my post to say. You will have to ask him what his motives are for that.

No thats what Div is trying to twist my post to say. You will have to ask him what his motives are for that.

To add its also Div suggesting I start some sort of protest/call to arms when I Have clearly explained on this thread and others what I Am doing, the fact I have never asked or suggested that anyone else do the same seems an irrelevant fact. Again you'll have to ask Div why he insists on re-wording my posts to suit his agenda?

Lets try again... shall we?

Its their cash flow because they own the majority of the company shareholding, they receive it through turnover and decide how it is spent!

And if me not going to home games equals in your mind the club being starved of cash, there aint a lot more to explain. But if you wish to twist what I say by substituting other words lets try this approach.

You get your "Inside Source" at the club to create a load of pre-approved proformas for BAWA. And people with their own opinion like me who may have the urge to post something that strays from the party line approved by the board can simply have their whole post substituted for the pre-approved, board friendly version.

You would have thought an unofficial fans forum would be the one place saints fans that are frustrated, bemused, angry at the manager trying to drive a wedge between them and the team could post openly. But hey this is ST Mirren we're talking about. Fergie saw all this decades ago.

"They" are directors in the board of a limited company.

"They" are legally bound to act in the best interests of said company.

Aside from some managerial brain farts in the last two years, it is my opinion that "they" have not only performed well as the board of the company, "they" have performed f**king miracles !

You staying away from games is entirely up to you but your post said, and I quote EXACTLY;

"The only way this lot will act is if their cash flow is stemmed or diverted, anyone got the bottle for that?"

Everyone can see it in black and white in the opening post.

As for the rest of your post can you just be absolutely clear what you are accusing me of?

To add its also Div suggesting I start some sort of protest/call to arms when I Have clearly explained on this thread and others what I Am doing, the fact I have never asked or suggested that anyone else do the same seems an irrelevant fact. Again you'll have to ask Div why he insists on re-wording my posts to suit his agenda?

Nobody is rewording anything. It's there in black and white.

"They" are directors in the board of a limited company.

"They" are legally bound to act in the best interests of said company.

Aside from some managerial brain farts in the last two years, it is my opinion that "they" have not only performed well as the board of the company, "they" have performed f**king miracles !

You staying away from games is entirely up to you but your post said, and I quote EXACTLY;

"The only way this lot will act is if their cash flow is stemmed or diverted, anyone got the bottle for that?"

Everyone can see it in black and white in the opening post.

As for the rest of your post can you just be absolutely clear what you are accusing me of?

So you base all those slights, twisting of words and inferences on one sentence which you choose to interpret and share with your minions as you want it to read..?

Can you please tell me where I have called a protest, where I have accused company directors of misappropriating funds???

You are saying thats what I have done, then quote me, where have I said those things?

I thought weirdly as a frustrated fan I could voice an opinion on here where others may? Feel equally frustrated, but you seem on a mission to out me as someone who is slandering the board of directors of SMFC by suggesting they are dishonest please quote where I Have done this in "Black &White"

Just tell me what to say Div, and I will post what you and the BoD want. That will make for a riveting forum...

So you base all those slights, twisting of words and inferences on one sentence which you choose to interpret and share with your minions as you want it to read..?

Can you please tell me where I have called a protest, where I have accused company directors of misappropriating funds???

You are saying thats what I have done, then quote me, where have I said those things?

I thought weirdly as a frustrated fan I could voice an opinion on here where others may? Feel equally frustrated, but you seem on a mission to out me as someone who is slandering the board of directors of SMFC by suggesting they are dishonest please quote where I Have done this in "Black &White"

Just tell me what to say Div, and I will post what you and the BoD want. That will make for a riveting forum...

Where did I suggest you were accusing company directors of misappropriating funds???

Please quote that post for me?

I said you were suggesting it was a good idea to starve the club of cash, because erm, that's exactly what you suggested doing.

I didn't "share" anything. YOU posted it, on a public forum. Everyone here can read.

As a frustrated fan I give you the opportunity here in this forum to post anything you like, even when you make untrue allegations about me personally. You done it before and you are still here.

Hardly the actions of the dictator you like to paint me to be.

Careful there young man, that post could be interpreted as you suggesting the board are incapable, or indeed dishonest for not selling ice cream!

I know you dont mean that, but be careful what "they" read into it...

P.s. Remember to put tin foil on your head before turning in for the night, you know? So "they" can't read your thoughts.