Ralston Resident's Action Group Against St. Mirren

:unsure:

Coucillor Jim Sharkey on the floodlights:

“I walked round the corner one night and was literally blinded by them"

:lol:

I'm afraid it's now much more serious than that. Cllr. Sharkey has now managed to use the Council's standing orders to force the Council's Finance committee to hear a deputation from the residents at 3pm on Wednesday. They are trying to have the lease between the Council and St. Mirren 'reconsidered'. A couple of weeks ago he tried to get the full Council meeting to accept an emergency motion to investigate the whole project. The Provost refused to do this, but Sharkey with the support of the whole Labour group, will be able to force it on to the agenda of the next full Council meeting on the 5th of November. The Council rules will mean that it will have to at least be debated.

The pitchfork and burning torch brigade are circling around the training ground. :unsure:

:unsure:

I'm afraid it's now much more serious than that. Cllr. Sharkey has now managed to use the Council's standing orders to force the Council's Finance committee to hear a deputation from the residents at 3pm on Wednesday. They are trying to have the lease between the Council and St. Mirren 'reconsidered'. A couple of weeks ago he tried to get the full Council meeting to accept an emergency motion to investigate the whole project. The Provost refused to do this, but Sharkey with the support of the whole Labour group, will be able to force it on to the agenda of the next full Council meeting on the 5th of November. The Council rules will mean that it will have to at least be debated.

The pitchfork and burning torch brigade are circling around the training ground. :unsure:

Pish. There is nothing in standing orders that would force a committee to hear a deputation of residents and leases are not in the remit of the Finance Committee.

However, I believe that the club have overstepped the mark in a few areas in respect of what was originally approved in the outline planning consent so there will be a meeting between the club and the planners sometime over the next two weeks.

Pish. There is nothing in standing orders that would force a committee to hear a deputation of residents and leases are not in the remit of the Finance Committee.

However, I believe that the club have overstepped the mark in a few areas in respect of what was originally approved in the outline planning consent so there will be a meeting between the club and the planners sometime over the next two weeks.

Sorry but you are wrong. Council standing order 54 has been used . You can check the terms of the standing orders on the Council website.

If you take the time to look on the Council's web site you will also see the agenda for FINANCE and General Management Board for the 23rd of Sept.

It says :-

Meeting: General Management and Finance Policy Board

Date & Time: Wednesday 23/09/2009 15:00

Date & Time: Wednesday 23/09/2009 15:00

Sub Board Main RENFREWSHIRE COUNCIL

GENERAL MANAGEMENT & FINANCE POLICY BOARD

Councillors Mackay, Murrin, Dillon, Adam, Devine, McCartin, Caldwell, Arthur, McFee, Doig, Noon, Langlands, Mullin and Harte.

Convener - Councillor Noon.

1. APOLOGIES

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

3. RALSTON PLAYING FIELDS, BATHGO AVENUE, PAISLEY ; AMENDMENT TO THE LEASE WITH ST MIRREN FOOTBALL CLUB

Consider request for deputation.

The same Board approved the extension to the lease a few weeks ago. I have attached the report just in case you don't believe me.

The club meet the planners last week - try and keep up.

So who is talking pish now ?

smfc lease.pdf

Sorry, but Standing Order 54 does not force a committee to hear a deputation. It is a request to consider a deputation. The Board now has to consider the request and only if it is approved then a time and date will be set when appropriate. However, if you read the report you will see that it approved, amongst other things, a recommendation to "Amend the existing lease to a 60 year lease with tenant only break options at 10 year intervals." The club has a legally binding lease which would take a lot of money to break - money the Council don't have.

I'll apologise over the Finance Board - God only knows why it ended up on that Board's lap. It is more in line with the remit of the Environment and Infrastructure Policy Board.

Edited by rabuddies

Sorry, but Standing Order 54 does not force a committee to hear a deputation. It is a request to consider a deputation. The Board now has to consider the request and only if it is approved then a time and date will be set when appropriate. However, if you read the report you will see that it approved, amongst other things, a recommendation to "Amend the existing lease to a 60 year lease with tenant only break options at 10 year intervals." The club has a legally binding lease which would take a lot of money to break - money the Council don't have.

I'll apologise over the Finance Board - God only knows why it ended up on that Board's lap. It is more in line with the remit of the Environment and Infrastructure Policy Board.

Thanks for the apology. I think you will find that the residents will be arguing (rightly or wrongly) that the small print of the actual lease has been broken by St. Mirren in terms of the noise and the lights. Think we should wait and see. Lots more to come on this subject.

Thanks for the apology. I think you will find that the residents will be arguing (rightly or wrongly) that the small print of the actual lease has been broken by St. Mirren in terms of the noise and the lights. Think we should wait and see. Lots more to come on this subject.

These matters are more relevant to the outline planning consent received and not terms of the lease, usually. What the Council can do is force the club to adhere to the conditions set out in that consent but they shouldn't be able to go back on the lease.

These matters are more relevant to the outline planning consent received and not terms of the lease, usually. What the Council can do is force the club to adhere to the conditions set out in that consent but they shouldn't be able to go back on the lease.

It would appear that the issues relate to the conditions of the detailed planning permission

The officers detailed report is hereMy linkhere

There may be a few minor issues with regards to the operation of the facilities. It would appear that all of the points raised were covered in the original planning application.

I wonder how many of these complaints are from people who have carried out works to their own house without planning permission or a building warrant.

Pop around to the Councillors houses and if you spot a bit of decking get straight on the blower to the Planning Dept, Building control and PDX and report them.

If they want rules then they should follow them.

The lease will not have any qualifications about planning or conditions from the Council. However it would have conditions that St Mirren can withdraw from the lease should the Council invoke any changes to the lease that would make the facility unworkable for them.

It really goes back to the original posters comments. If you do not want footballs in your garden, don't buy a house next to a park.

What would these residents say if they discovered that the council were proposing to sell the land to Ciba UK. They would be up in arms with loss of amenity space. Poor peoples employment on their door step, we want balls in our gardens not blue pigeons, we want bright lights not fog horns at shift times.

What the fuck do these residents want at Allanton? Its a football park, has been for years. Would they rather the land was sold for housing? I bet they'd object to that to. What about a supermarket? Some shops? Industrial? The fact is that these folk would object to absolutely anything that went there.

It seems that they just want it to be a community facility..... as long as hardly anyone uses it!

reading the response from st mirren, it could well be a case of the vocal few needing to be heard . You'd pretty much be guaranteed to get complaints from some local residents on a charity jamboree (sp?) - just the way some folk are and especially in an area with an elderly population.

More from the outraged residents: http://www.paisleyda...87085-24765963/

a ha , right on cue..........

Dear Outraged from Ralston. Well I suppose it keeps the good folk of Mearns and their anti mosque campaign off the pages, or Mr Angry and his protestations at the cars parking in disabled bays, or the shameful barefacedness of the neighbour and his lopping of the trees covered by a TPO.

That Sharkey though , dangerous, carrying a grudge and more slippery than a greased up Conger.

a ha , right on cue..........

Dear Outraged from Ralston. Well I suppose it keeps the good folk of Mearns and their anti mosque campaign off the pages, or Mr Angry and his protestations at the cars parking in disabled bays, or the shameful barefacedness of the neighbour and his lopping of the trees covered by a TPO.

That Sharkey though , dangerous, carrying a grudge and more slippery than a greased up Conger.

Shower of stuck up moaning face bastards,

Ralston Bowling Club have been excellent in this. First the news that they knocked by the "action group" who wanted to use their facility to host the meeting and now the friendly bowling match. :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think we should bother with a petition...let's go back to the Love Street / GHR planning tactic of sending abusive emails to the pertinent cuntcillors - especially Jim Sharkey. :)

Anti-St Mirren cuntcillor email alias You can email him straight from the link.

I see all our St Mirren supporting councillors are staying tight lipped on this one? :P