Ok I Will Start It Sack Danny

Ballox.

I'd swap SPL football for a chairman who wants to spend more than we have for SPL survival or "progression".

He doesn't need to spend a little bit more, clubs out perform us year on year with similar budgets.

If the gaffer can't match the results of Inverness, St Johnstone & Ross county then he isn't the right man for the job.

This is exactly spot on!

Lennon has a budget, he's not working it well enough.

This has nothing to do with the board.

I agree with you.

I had heard rumblings that the board had a word in the manager's ear about bolstering our squad after the Morton game.

He was asked why, with the level of funds available, he hadn't made more signings.

How do you know what budget Lennon has got?

Sounds to me like its you who is jumping on the bandwagon and spouting complete shite...

ICT lost a number of their top players in the close season. Going by previous PWC reports, the chances are that ICT have a much lower wage budget than St. Mirren. And Butcher has used that budget to put together a better team than Lennon.

He's got to go.

It nearly the same team as last year minus 6 players wages you ignorant muppet,you probably buy into the nonsense that mcgowan is on 8 grand a week.Simple financial calculations on the ict comings and goings would indicate you are talking through your arse.I dont like Danny Lennon,never have but to suggest he has had the same financial power as butcher in the close season is ludicrous

This is true, of course, but I think it is a tad naive to dismiss any suggestion that the BoD might be holding back on making funds available.

I agree, think of the players we have.

Teale, Thompson, Grainger, Mair, McAusland, Goodwin and McGown. All these guys will be on wages that I would reckon ICT would struggle to offer out?

I agree with you.

I had heard rumblings that the board had a word in the manager's ear about bolstering our squad after the Morton game.

He was asked why, with the level of funds available, he hadn't made more signings.

FFS, he should be INSTRUCTED to make signings then.

Why would we put the pressure on our best player to manage a club when he has no management experience? Let him play and manage when retired.

St. Johnstone appoint managers with no managerial experience. Works well for them.

Thompson is a very intelligent guy, he's very articulate, he's played at the top level in England and will have contacts (none of which applies to Lennon).

I agree with you.

If that is true then i will stop defending him,but it sounds a bit too convenient

St. Johnstone appoint managers with no managerial experience. Works well for them.

Thompson is a very intelligent guy, he's very articulate, he's played at the top level in England and will have contacts (none of which applies to Lennon).

We would have to give him some money

It nearly the same team as last year minus 6 players wages you ignorant muppet,you probably buy into the nonsense that mcgowan is on 8 grand a week.Simple financial calculations on the ict comings and goings would indicate you are talking through your arse.I dont like Danny Lennon,never have but to suggest he has had the same financial power as butcher in the close season is ludicrous

Can you post these "simple calculations" please and then we can make a judgement?

My thoughts are based on previous PWC reports which details club's finances via their Report & Accounts.

Your "simple calculations" are based on?...

:1eye

I agree, think of the players we have.

Teale, Thompson, Grainger, Mair, McAusland, Goodwin and McGown. All these guys will be on wages that I would reckon ICT would struggle to offer out?

No idea David. I know no more about the level of the St Mirren budget than I do about that of ICT.

If Danny has funds and hasn't used them despite the glaring deficits in our squad then I can't quite get my head round what is going on.

I was absolutely convinced we'd add at least one more striker on a permanent deal. I still believe there is a good chance that this will happen, but now reckon the BoD should be telling him to get it sorted NOW.

Yet he didn't (Grainger excepted)?

I suppose he's trying to, as evidenced by our attempt to sign Newton and Campbell. As others have suggested, I hope he's not put all of his eggs in one basket, so to speak.

We may yet see others, but he is leaving it a tad late.

Why?

The players that left left because they weren't good enough, To suggest that we don't have the same power as butcher is ludicrous.Id suggest we have more finajcial power than Butcher.

Even more so with the amount of players that left.

Sorry,thats the point i was trying to make,we havent used the finances available to us

Can you post these "simple calculations" please and then we can make a judgement?

My thoughts are based on previous PWC reports which details club's finances via their Report & Accounts.

Your "simple calculations" are based on?...

1eye.gif

When i say simple i mean simple !!!! i think as we stand we are paying 6 less players than last season ,ict are paying 4 more players .Not very scientific but it works for me

New players isn't the issue.

Even with Newton & Goncalves we were still the 10th placed non Old Firm club last season - our lowest showing in the top flight for more than 40 years!

The biggest problem is the fannying about tactics... and that isn't going to change.

I'm afraid to say that Lennon is going to be sacked this season. Its only a matter of time...