New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

Assume you contacted the board to complain about them spunking £50K of "your" cash on the dome then, since you'll never use it?

No, the dome is a facility that can be used by all including the club players of all ages and is a great money earner for the club, it was a well thought out idea and provides great all weather training facilities (with the exception of storms A to Z ) The club needed that facility at the time and still do, so it was money well spent.

In all honesty i was not as interested in what goes on at the club then as i am now, but would probably have agreed it was a good idea , though as stated previously i'm highlighting the spending of club money on a project which does not seem to have the enthused very many fans and the majority on here seem to agree it could have been better planned, personally i think the money the club paid to build this facility could have been better used at the time on better playing and or management staff, so i am using it as an example of how things like this can be put out to all fans for their opinion to be gauged and acted on, i know it's not the way things are done at present but it would be an interesting change.

No, the dome is a facility that can be used by all including the club players of all ages and is a great money earner for the club, it was a well thought out idea and provides great all weather training facilities (with the exception of storms A to Z ) The club needed that facility at the time and still do, so it was money well spent.

In all honesty i was not as interested in what goes on at the club then as i am now, but would probably have agreed it was a good idea , though as stated previously i'm highlighting the spending of club money on a project which does not seem to have the enthused very many fans and the majority on here seem to agree it could have been better planned, personally i think the money the club paid to build this facility could have been better used at the time on better playing and or management staff, so i am using it as an example of how things like this can be put out to all fans for their opinion to be gauged and acted on, i know it's not the way things are done at present but it would be an interesting change.

In principle it sounds great. In practice though you will never ever get all the fans of a club to agree on anything.

Whether you ask them or not there are always going to be people pissed off at decisions being made that they don't agree with.

I don't think the membership only model is particularly well thought out in this case but I guess there is a business plan which supports the whole project which says it will work and generate revenue for the club rather than be a millstone.

Time will tell. I reckon after a while we will see the entry system change.

In principle it sounds great. In practice though you will never ever get all the fans of a club to agree on anything.

Whether you ask them or not there are always going to be people pissed off at decisions being made that they don't agree with.

I don't think the membership only model is particularly well thought out in this case but I guess there is a business plan which supports the whole project which says it will work and generate revenue for the club rather than be a millstone.

The entry rules may change or not, it may make money or not, the pub itself is not so much of an issue to me, i considered being a member at one time but withdrew when nobody else i would normally have a drink therein with would join up, and also when i found that if i wanted to sign in relatives or friends that it would not have been possible, that changed a bit after i withdrew but it would still have been a lottery as to whether they could get in on the day, and with relatives coming from other countries it was not a good plan to say "lets meet at the ground" only to find we had to go elsewhere.

It is very true to say that you cant please all of the people all of the time, but just as an example - say you polled the fans in Summer last year (June the 2nd or 3rd i think that was) and asked if they wanted a pub or a new winger who they -the fans- thought could do a job for us, and you go with the majority vote, i'd be surprised if we didn't end up with a shiny new winger, but would accept the vote of the majority. (Then come on here and moan like f**ck about it if we didn't get a winger.) That is how it works in the world of democracy though.

The idea for fan ownership, and whether or not it happens, has 2 hurdles at the moment, the first being acceptance of the offer, from a small minority of fans, the the second being whether or not the majority of the whole SMiSA membership vote to proceed when they are shown the full content of the proposal. You have signed up to have your choice and if any others have strong enough feelings one way or another then they should sign up to have their say as well.

We still need a boozer outside the stadium. More people, Open late, pool tables, noise, G4s on the door, big screens and The following beverages on tap.. Stella, Peroni, Tennants, and Budweiser.

I actually think that is a good idea, A brewers fayre type place with a large function room, set apart from the main comfy eatery type part, that could be used as a matchday bar would be good. Possibly not financially viable for any company to take on, but the other ones at the Phoenix etc., seem to do quite well, include indoor and outdoor play areas for the kids and serve good food and drink at the right price and it may work. I quite like the Linwood farm one at the Phoenix and so do the grandkids and their parents, i would certainly use it as it would be handier than going to the one at the Phoenix.

I actually think that is a good idea, A brewers fayre type place with a large function room, set apart from the main comfy eatery type part, that could be used as a matchday bar would be good. Possibly not financially viable for any company to take on, but the other ones at the Phoenix etc., seem to do quite well, include indoor and outdoor play areas for the kids and serve good food and drink at the right price and it may work. I quite like the Linwood farm one at the Phoenix and so do the grandkids and their parents, i would certainly use it as it would be handier than going to the one at the Phoenix.

Wouldn't ever work imo, difference being that brewers fayre and the others build premises where there are people. It's not a case of 'build it and they will come'.

There's is absolutely no passing trade whatsoever on Greenhill Road outwith commutting times to/from work and they ain't going to stop off for a carvery.

The phoenix has cinemas, supermarkets, shops etc plus it's on a main route linking Renfrewshire villages and towns to the M8.

Greenhill Road has nothing except for some derelict council housing nearby and scrap yards. Not to mention the dog shite the length of Murray Street.

Wouldn't ever work imo, difference being that brewers fayre and the others build premises where there are people. It's not a case of 'build it and they will come'.

There's is absolutely no passing trade whatsoever on Greenhill Road outwith commutting times to/from work and they ain't going to stop off for a carvery.

The phoenix has cinemas, supermarkets, shops etc plus it's on a main route linking Renfrewshire villages and towns to the M8.

Greenhill Road has nothing except for some derelict council housing nearby and scrap yards. Not to mention the dog shite the length of Murray Street.

Yes i agree, like i said , probably not financially viable, if the council houses are knocked down (as is planned) it might work better, but if that happened i would like to see the houses replaced, with shiny new ones obviously, and that along with the planned rail link to the airport may provide customers from the houses and those parking cars nearby and using the rail link to the airport could pop in for a meal and a drink at non-airport prices, bit pie in the sky i know (ahem) but you never know.

talk about a back track, u got blown away here...

The admin of that will be a lot harder than it is to write it down though mate.

I still think a half way house of some founding members and some walk up would have been better but I guess all the options were explored and this one ticked more of the boxes.

I have put in an application for me and the boy but I'm not sure I'll actually take it up, need to see what my mates are saying as its pointless if they aren't also in.

I think plenty are in the same boat, me included. It was easy yesterday to sign up and get first refusal on a place but no chance all of those will convert to paid up memberships for a variety of reasons.

I'm still torn on it. I want to help, and I want the whole thing to happen, but I'm really not sure it's going to work based on this model.

Already one of my mates has said he's out which means anytime he is going to the game we either need to meet elsewhere, defeating the purpose of me having a membership, or we don't meet up, which is equally pointless as to me the football is an afternoon out, not just about the 90 mins.

Why not leave "some" capacity for walk up on the day fans ? I think that's the question that most are asking.

Appreciating you want recurring revenue via subscriptions and some up front capital, but having say 150 members, and 150 walk up capacity would give you the best of both worlds. Members get guaranteed entry, walk up punters have to come early or face the "full" sign going up.

I can't believe the current model is best for maximising revenue on a Matchday.

I think it's a bit unfair to slam the FC on this one. They are doing what they think is best, this is obviously the biggest project they have faced and I doubt they have gone out their way to piss people off.

I don't personally agree with the business model, but then again I haven't any experience of running a bar and nor have I sat down and went through all the numbers. I'm guessing the guys in the FC have done exactly that and if the numbers stack up then fair enough I guess.

Anyone could have went to the club over the past 5 years with a business plan for taking over the void, but nobody has (to my knowledge) so if the FC are going to give it a go then fair play to them.

It might work, it might not. If it doesn't work then at least the void is fitted out. I don't really see it as being a negative.

I doubt all 225 who have signed up will actually turn into full paying members so maybe after the 300 sign up limit is reached if only 250 convert then they can advertise 50 walk up spaces as being available on a match day on a pay as you go basis ?

Sure there is some sensible compromise that can be reached to try and keep most people happy (you will NEVER please ALL the fans)

Think the guest sign in is a step in the right direction. You can't really expect people to pay a monthly membership fee then have guests come in for nothing, otherwise why would anyone join ?

It's not perfect but I don't think all 300 places will actually be taken up which might increase the scope for some sort of walk up capacity.

Still expect those users to pay though. Maybe £6 entry with first drink included might have been a better shout but the guys in the FC will have done their sums.

Personally still undecided as to whether or not to take up my place.

I think 200 paying members is a fine number, and would leave 100 slots for "pay on the day" punters. I'd just leave it at that, and not even have sign in rights myself, just open it up to 100 punters on matchday, first come first served, £5 at the door, and the 200 that pay every month can roll up whenever they like.

Not my gig but that's how I'd run it.

Care to quote the post where I did that champ?

Surely you won't be caught lying. Again!

You do the hokey cokey

Then you turnaround......

Thats what its all about.... Hey!

The only thing I pick up is Div is torn between joining and not all depending who else he knows joining.

Bit of shit stirring going on here have read nothing to say Div will not join.

FFS what is it with this forum just now seems to be about scoring points against one anoither

Was sure someone with this user name was on these very boards decrying the whole idea and withdrawing their interest? Its like the feckin hokey cokey....

You pledge your membership subs in......

Your membership subs out....

In

Out

In

Out

Shake it all about....

You do the hokey cokey

Then you turnaround......

Thats what its all about.... Hey!

Thanks for digging all those posts out and proving my point.

At no time did I ever "withdraw my interest".

LPM caught lying. AGAIN!

How many times it that now? I've lost count.

The Toby Carvery on the hurlet...

Even one of those costa coffee/ mcdonalds type pop up buildings. Cant imagine they cost too much. Maybe the club would let us tap into thier water/lekkie too :)

Would be good if even just for 1 fay a week.

Not been a good matchday boozer since the hole in the wa shut.

The best bit about this reply above is everyone gets to see it.

aye you were right behind it, beside it, in front of it, outside it, beyond it...

from the Get Go. only Trump has made more U turns.

Show me where I "withdrew my interest" then big man. Show us all !!!!!

I never cease to be amazed as to how many times you want to make a rip roaring c**t of yourself on here but let's do it again anyway.

First and foremost the idea of a supporters bar in the main stand is a sound one.

With the club unwilling/unable to fund the setup it was always going to be difficult to find the capital to fit the area out properly.

I do wonder if the recurring membership model is the right one though.

I'd have thought it would have made more sense to have say 100 founding members paying say £250 up front for "life membership" thus meeting the fit out budget (those punters would get free entry until they pop their clogs), and leaving a capacity of 200 on match day for walk up punters to pay a small entry fee.

Just my 2p worth. The danger of the current model is that say I pay my £10 a month but for whatever reason I don't make it along to 4 games in a row. The club would generate £2.50 of revenue every week from me as opposed to being able to get entrance money, food and drink spend from walk up punters on those days.

I don't think the revenue model is right but I am sure the guys have thought this all through so fair play to them.

If my mates are up for joining then I will join too.

Here's the very first post I made regarding my personal position on joining or not joining the club.

That position was repeated throughout this thread.

My mate signed up, so I signed up.

End of story really.

Not that it really matters of course, as I could have changed my mind at any time without having to run it past the resident trolls on the forum and I'd still have slept soundly at night, in my conservatory.

Why has this turned into some childish tit-for-tat point scoring exercise?

I don't care about an individuals choice to become a member or not.

I'm more concerned about how the club always creates division amongst its support.

Creating the fans council was a master stroke by Brian, the club can now wash their hands of any criticism and say it was all down to the fans council. Who of course represent all fans. Anything from future strip design to the supporters clubs and disabled issues will come under their remit.

Tony will have very little to do.

Why has this turned into some childish tit-for-tat point scoring exercise?

I don't care about an individuals choice to become a member or not.

I'm more concerned about how the club always creates division amongst its support.

Creating the fans council was a master stroke by Brian, the club can now wash their hands of any criticism and say it was all down to the fans council. Who of course represent all fans. Anything from future strip design to the supporters clubs and disabled issues will come under their remit.

Tony will have very little to do.

Simple answer, because it's a thread on B&W Army.

If it wasn't for these threads and tit for tat there would not be a forum. I'm sure most people take it as light hearted banter and I'm sure if we all met up one day we could all have a laugh about it. If u think this bothers Div, Lordpityme or whoever else then u should leave forum...it's all good fun...