That Goal!

All is not lost depending on the ref's report. If he gives it to Mallan then that can override the PA.

I see Greame McPherson of the Herald has written about Mallan scoring a hattrick, in a report suggesting Rangers should be looking at signing him!!

I guess it's good that he's being talked up but it would be horrible to see him play for them, especially as they would not pay a fair price. He would get similar levels of hate to Kirky and Charlie Adam got due to only coming from St Mirren.

4 minutes ago, Hambud said:

I see Greame McPherson of the Herald has written about Mallan scoring a hattrick, in a report suggesting Rangers should be looking at signing him!!

I guess it's good that he's being talked up but it would be horrible to see him play for them, especially as they would not pay a fair price. He would get similar levels of hate to Kirky and Charlie Adam got due to only coming from St Mirren.

He was on loan to us from them.

1 hour ago, Hambud said:

This is great news. Willie Henderson (old school true blue bear fae' the 1970s), said in the paper recently that the Franchise Globetrotters XI needed to spend £50 million to catch Celtic. Excellent! That'll be £2 million for Stevie Mallan, allowing Caixhino to spunk the other £48 million on injured foreign duds. Brendan Rodgers must be shitting it.

Here's a few lines that forumsters can simply use to copy/paste throughout the coming close season. These lines will appear in Scottish newspapers on a daily basis. I am providing a service to the forum here. Saving tired forum users from un-necessary typing. Simply copy/paste the line you require to discuss, add in the missing name, and bob's yer' uncle. Or auntie, if he didnae' have baws'.

Rangers eye up swoop for.....

Celtic eye up swoop for.....

Rangers run rule over.....

Celtic run rule over.... 

Caixhino looking at.....

Rodgers looking at.....

Gers make audacious move for.....

Celts make audacious move for.....

Lawell says Celtic would romp the EPL.....

Dave King says Willie Henderson's £50 million has been spent on legal fees....

all set for summer.

Edited by pozbaird

On 05/01/2017 at 1:38 PM, Hallmark said:

Carey's was great, as a shot from distance. Mallan's is far better because of the up and down movement of the ball, best appreciated from behind the goal or behind Mallan. It was destined to be the 4th ball out of the park for the day, but fell out of the sky into the top corner. Stunning!

Absolutely this.

I was behind the goal (back row) and when Stevie shaped to shoot, thought I'd get the chance to heider it, thus gaining a ripple of applause and a boost to my ailing self-esteem.

It was all going to plan until that pesky kid, etc....

Choice of best goal will always have a fair degree of subjectivity about it, but I partly base my view on my own reaction and that of those around me when it dipped in. It seemed implausible at best that he could have scored that goal. 

I've seen it described as ridiculous. That's a good shout. So is outrageous.

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just been told wee Stevie is going to be a Rangers target he was mentioned along with some other player on their official website. 

Where on their OS? I doubt even the new team would be daft enough to mention signing targets (ie other clubs' players) on an official medium.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

9 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

To be honest the Montrose goal was a belter, but Mallans probably shaded it due to the build up one twos, though what the Rangers and Celtic goals were doing in the list is anyone's guess, nothing special about any of them!

You answered it in your sentence.