Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
St.Ricky

Football Fans and Behaviour

Recommended Posts

Quote of the season so far..........................


Hence the reason I put "obviously" - another, shorter, way of saying "it really goes without saying".

The only reason I mentioned it was because I knew some on here (mentioning no names) would bring it up if I never. It was also the reason I added "league" before "game". Too many wannabe pedants on here - and they're usually the ones who can't make their own posts clear and legible, funnily enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

 

 


Hence the reason I put "obviously" - another, shorter, way of saying "it really goes without saying".

The only reason I mentioned it was because I knew some on here (mentioning no names) would bring it up if I never. It was also the reason I added "league" before "game". Too many wannabe pedants on here - and they're usually the ones who can't make their own posts clear and legible, funnily enough.

 

U will be saying game of two halves next - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

 

 


Hence the reason I put "obviously" - another, shorter, way of saying "it really goes without saying".

The only reason I mentioned it was because I knew some on here (mentioning no names) would bring it up if I never. It was also the reason I added "league" before "game". Too many wannabe pedants on here - and they're usually the ones who can't make their own posts clear and legible, funnily enough.

 

You should go with the "it really goes without saying" option in more of your posts. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You should go with the "it really goes without saying" option in more of your posts.


Not really, I don't care whether or not you understand them. That's also the reason that I sometimes use words of more than two syllables.

I had even left it open for you to reply along the lines of "That post makes no sense" but you couldn't even figure that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You should go with the "it really goes without saying" option in more of your posts.


Not really, I don't care whether or not you understand them. That's also the reason that I sometimes use words of more than two syllables.

I had even left it open for you to reply along the lines of "That post makes no sense" but you couldn't even figure that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

 


Not really, I don't care whether or not you understand them. That's also the reason that I sometimes use words of more than two syllables.

I had even left it open for you to reply along the lines of "That post makes no sense" but you couldn't even figure that out.

 

 

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

 


Not really, I don't care whether or not you understand them. That's also the reason that I sometimes use words of more than two syllables.

I had even left it open for you to reply along the lines of "That post makes no sense" but you couldn't even figure that out.

 

Wow x 2................................methinx you need a lie down.........................nurse. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

 what gets on my tits are a new generation of youngsters following us who act like some sort of wannabee 'firm' when they get together in a group and seemingly think its OK to act like cunts.

 

I can exclusively confirm that around 40-45 years ago myself and a few others on here got together in a group before and after most games and acted , fairly regularly , like cunts. There's a natural progression ! Did you turn a blind eye in the 70s ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, billyg said:

I can exclusively confirm that around 40-45 years ago myself and a few others on here got together in a group before and after most games and acted , fairly regularly , like cunts. There's a natural progression ! Did you turn a blind eye in the 70s ?

I was too busy dodging bottles in the 70s to turn my eye anywhere. I can catagorically say that as a teenager, and into my 20s, I went to St Mirren games with my mate or on my own, we were never part of a bigger group, never got rat-arsed and offended passengers on trains, never looked for 'LSD' style trouble with opposing fans, or anything like it. Never, not once. I did once smuggle a can of Tennents into a home game and sneaked it down my throat amongst the North Bank fence area throng. I sang songs. Just a bloke at the football.

Did I turn a blind eye in the 70s? I was a teenager in the 70s. Maybe blokes in their 50s and beyond back in the 70s were disgusted by the antics of those my age who DID go to the football and acted like cnuts. You'd need to ask them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I was too busy dodging bottles in the 70s to turn my eye anywhere. I can catagorically say that as a teenager, and into my 20s, I went to St Mirren games with my mate or on my own, we were never part of a bigger group, never got rat-arsed and offended passengers on trains, never looked for 'LSD' style trouble with opposing fans, or anything like it. Never, not once. I did once smuggle a can of Tennents into a home game and sneaked it down my throat amongst the North Bank fence area throng. I sang songs. Just a bloke at the football.

Did I turn a blind eye in the 70s? I was a teenager in the 70s. Maybe blokes in their 50s and beyond back in the 70s were disgusted by the antics of those my age who DID go to the football and acted like cnuts. You'd need to ask them.

Yes , but you were sounding of abut the young cunts of today as if it was something new. It's always been there , and it will never change !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billyg said:

Yes , but you were sounding of abut the young cunts of today as if it was something new. It's always been there , and it will never change !

No, I know it's nothing new, but as I am now officially an old fart, I am duty bound to turn into my dad and tut-tut at these whippersnappers today with their funny aromatic smokes and legal highs. I tell you, back in my day....

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumped this up to the top after todays events at Cappielow.

 

Early in the second half, one of our "fans" made a racist slur against Quitongo. I challenged him about it. No apology. Then, other fans near me, rather than challenging what he said, rounded on me, comments.  like "he gets the picture", let's move on", and "we've got the pc brigade in here".

So here's a question to all buddies. Should we challenge racism and other discrimination when we see it? And if we should why did fellow buds make me feel like I was the one in the wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Bumped this up to the top after todays events at Cappielow.

 

Early in the second half, one of our "fans" made a racist slur against Quitongo. I challenged him about it. No apology. Then, other fans near me, rather than challenging what he said, rounded on me, comments.  like "he gets the picture", let's move on", and "we've got the pc brigade in here".

So here's a question to all buddies. Should we challenge racism and other discrimination when we see it? And if we should why did fellow buds make me feel like I was the one in the wrong?

Shocking but not surprising.

We have a core element that are stuck in the days when this sort of shit was acceptable.

This is part of the reason the recent "high jinks" on the train was seen as ok by some..............."We done worse in our day" was the response.

You were in the right, unfortunately not enough around you were prepared to support you.

 

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Bumped this up to the top after todays events at Cappielow.

 

Early in the second half, one of our "fans" made a racist slur against Quitongo. I challenged him about it. No apology. Then, other fans near me, rather than challenging what he said, rounded on me, comments.  like "he gets the picture", let's move on", and "we've got the pc brigade in here".

So here's a question to all buddies. Should we challenge racism and other discrimination when we see it? And if we should why did fellow buds make me feel like I was the one in the wrong?

We were talking in the car journey back about this.

I didn't hear anything, although I think it's shocking and embarrassing that people think that it is acceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Bumped this up to the top after todays events at Cappielow.

 

Early in the second half, one of our "fans" made a racist slur against Quitongo. I challenged him about it. No apology. Then, other fans near me, rather than challenging what he said, rounded on me, comments.  like "he gets the picture", let's move on", and "we've got the pc brigade in here".

So here's a question to all buddies. Should we challenge racism and other discrimination when we see it? And if we should why did fellow buds make me feel like I was the one in the wrong?

All depend on how big he is :boxing  Also getting into a fight could see you get a ban from the ground :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×