Sign in to follow this  
St.Ricky

Football Fans and Behaviour

Quote of the season so far..........................

Hence the reason I put "obviously" - another, shorter, way of saying "it really goes without saying".

The only reason I mentioned it was because I knew some on here (mentioning no names) would bring it up if I never. It was also the reason I added "league" before "game". Too many wannabe pedants on here - and they're usually the ones who can't make their own posts clear and legible, funnily enough.

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

Hence the reason I put "obviously" - another, shorter, way of saying "it really goes without saying".

The only reason I mentioned it was because I knew some on here (mentioning no names) would bring it up if I never. It was also the reason I added "league" before "game". Too many wannabe pedants on here - and they're usually the ones who can't make their own posts clear and legible, funnily enough.

U will be saying game of two halves next - 

25 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

You should go with the "it really goes without saying" option in more of your posts. :lol:

You should go with the "it really goes without saying" option in more of your posts.

Not really, I don't care whether or not you understand them. That's also the reason that I sometimes use words of more than two syllables.

I had even left it open for you to reply along the lines of "That post makes no sense" but you couldn't even figure that out.

You should go with the "it really goes without saying" option in more of your posts.

Not really, I don't care whether or not you understand them. That's also the reason that I sometimes use words of more than two syllables.

I had even left it open for you to reply along the lines of "That post makes no sense" but you couldn't even figure that out.

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Wow x 2................................methinx you need a lie down.........................nurse. :lol:

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

what gets on my tits are a new generation of youngsters following us who act like some sort of wannabee 'firm' when they get together in a group and seemingly think its OK to act like cunts.

I can exclusively confirm that around 40-45 years ago myself and a few others on here got together in a group before and after most games and acted , fairly regularly , like cunts. There's a natural progression ! Did you turn a blind eye in the 70s ?

5 hours ago, billyg said:

I can exclusively confirm that around 40-45 years ago myself and a few others on here got together in a group before and after most games and acted , fairly regularly , like cunts. There's a natural progression ! Did you turn a blind eye in the 70s ?

I was too busy dodging bottles in the 70s to turn my eye anywhere. I can catagorically say that as a teenager, and into my 20s, I went to St Mirren games with my mate or on my own, we were never part of a bigger group, never got rat-arsed and offended passengers on trains, never looked for 'LSD' style trouble with opposing fans, or anything like it. Never, not once. I did once smuggle a can of Tennents into a home game and sneaked it down my throat amongst the North Bank fence area throng. I sang songs. Just a bloke at the football.

Did I turn a blind eye in the 70s? I was a teenager in the 70s. Maybe blokes in their 50s and beyond back in the 70s were disgusted by the antics of those my age who DID go to the football and acted like cnuts. You'd need to ask them.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I was too busy dodging bottles in the 70s to turn my eye anywhere. I can catagorically say that as a teenager, and into my 20s, I went to St Mirren games with my mate or on my own, we were never part of a bigger group, never got rat-arsed and offended passengers on trains, never looked for 'LSD' style trouble with opposing fans, or anything like it. Never, not once. I did once smuggle a can of Tennents into a home game and sneaked it down my throat amongst the North Bank fence area throng. I sang songs. Just a bloke at the football.

Did I turn a blind eye in the 70s? I was a teenager in the 70s. Maybe blokes in their 50s and beyond back in the 70s were disgusted by the antics of those my age who DID go to the football and acted like cnuts. You'd need to ask them.

Yes , but you were sounding of abut the young cunts of today as if it was something new. It's always been there , and it will never change !

1 minute ago, billyg said:

Yes , but you were sounding of abut the young cunts of today as if it was something new. It's always been there , and it will never change !

No, I know it's nothing new, but as I am now officially an old fart, I am duty bound to turn into my dad and tut-tut at these whippersnappers today with their funny aromatic smokes and legal highs. I tell you, back in my day....

:P

Bumped this up to the top after todays events at Cappielow.

Early in the second half, one of our "fans" made a racist slur against Quitongo. I challenged him about it. No apology. Then, other fans near me, rather than challenging what he said, rounded on me, comments.  like "he gets the picture", let's move on", and "we've got the pc brigade in here".

So here's a question to all buddies. Should we challenge racism and other discrimination when we see it? And if we should why did fellow buds make me feel like I was the one in the wrong?

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Early in the second half, one of our "fans" made a racist slur against Quitongo. I challenged him about it. No apology. Then, other fans near me, rather than challenging what he said, rounded on me, comments.  like "he gets the picture", let's move on", and "we've got the pc brigade in here".

So here's a question to all buddies. Should we challenge racism and other discrimination when we see it? And if we should why did fellow buds make me feel like I was the one in the wrong?

Shocking but not surprising.

We have a core element that are stuck in the days when this sort of shit was acceptable.

This is part of the reason the recent "high jinks" on the train was seen as ok by some..............."We done worse in our day" was the response.

You were in the right, unfortunately not enough around you were prepared to support you.

Edited by faraway saint

14 minutes ago, Hendo said:

We were talking in the car journey back about this.

I didn't hear anything, although I think it's shocking and embarrassing that people think that it is acceptable. 

15 minutes ago, Hendo said:

All depend on how big he is :boxing  Also getting into a fight could see you get a ban from the ground :(