Sign in to follow this  
Lord Pityme

New Contracts for Davis & Baird... Now!

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Threat? No, but you have the opportunity to talk to me face to face. And if you feel it's appropriate to call someone you dont know 'a walloper' then you've got that option. 

Would it be more accurate to say you've been acting like one over this thread with you're constant stance change??

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thanks for repeating what i said to the letter. See you did understand

That's not even close to what you've been saying lol. You've been saying adding a contract extension clause triggered by the club is illegal. Not that it's legal if such clause is agreed mutually at the time the contract was signed. :lol: What absolute rubbish. haha

30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So sad the amount if people happy to try and set saints fans against each other on here, no chance the mods will ever deal with it either.  Its a dark cloud hanging over this forum.

:lol  Glad you found it :lol: very emotional

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Funny how all this "saints fans against each other" line comes from you after acting like a bit of a diddy.

The same pattern is followed in quite a few threads, you spouting pish, people pointing out you're wrong, you perseveering and people getting fecked off with your relentless guff.

Aye, time the mods done something right enough. :byebye

Whats it like when you get kicked into touch on the forum then? Please share your experiences.

Even sadder is the fact that over a year on from his appointment, some people still can't admit that they were spectacularly wrong regarding JR's managerial abilities.

And despite being top of the league, they can't resist having a dig at him when they post.:rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That's not even close to what you've been saying lol. You've been saying adding a contract extension clause triggered by the club is illegal. Not that it's legal if such clause is agreed mutually at the time the contract was signed. :lol: What absolute rubbish. haha

Wrong again Baz, never once said 'adding a contract extension' is illegal, but repeatedly said, as yet, in the UK  no player who properly rejected a UCE has ever been taken to court to be made to fulfil it.

however if you check the piece i posted above, if a player rejects it in the correct timeframe it becomes unenforceable as its deemed a restriction to trade. Please try like me to keep a consistent line.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Even sadder is the fact that over a year on from his appointment, some people still can't admit that they were spectacularly wrong regarding JR's managerial abilities.

And despite being top of the league, they can't resist having a dig at him when they post.:rolleyes:

He enjoys the attention.

As I said, thread after thread, his deep rooted bitterness shines through, quite why is a mystery. 

I'm beginning to think that this alias has been hijacked by he who shall not be named.

I provide facts and he retorts with an opinion piece that is only very loosely linked to the point in question.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, Lord Pityme said:

I think the one year extensions are triggered mutually, in other words it would be illegal to say you are working for us for one year, and then two if we feel like it at the time.

and thats the concern, anyone could, if i have it right re his contract, approach him now with a PCA. There will be several intrested in a player we rehabilitated for months.

edit: cant find info relating to a one year extension trigger option for Davis on official site. Just confirmation he signed a one year deal. All the centre backs, & McGinn etc are out of contract in the summer.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wrong again Baz, never once said 'adding a contract extension' is illegal, but repeatedly said, as yet, in the UK  no player who properly rejected a UCE has ever been taken to court to be made to fulfil it.

however if you check the piece i posted above, if a player rejects it in the correct timeframe it becomes unenforceable as its deemed a restriction to trade. Please try like me to keep a consistent line.

You said, and I quote it above, that it would be illegal for the club to trigger the clause. You agreed with me later that it was legitimate if both parties agreed it at the outset. Two entirely different scenarios.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

One example where a player has rejected a UCE during his contract, that has been agreed by club and player when the contract had been signed, in UK law and not been made to fulfil it? You going to come back to the unrelated Webster ruling again? 

You love moving a goalpost. You have stated ‘including something doesn’t make it legal’ and ‘UEO are unenforceable in UK law’  so what you’re basically saying now is, if a player rejects it when the contract is signed, they don’t have to fulfil it? No sh*t, it wouldn’t be in the contract then. Your arguments are as clear as dishwater so you can make ridiculous claims like club controlled contract extensions can’t be enforced in uk law even after both parties have signed a contract agreeing to that clause . Then you sneak and squirm around with word games when people very clearly show you evidence it’s nonsense with rubbish like if it’s been mutually agreed when the contract has been signed that’s fine. Oh  Lordy Lordy Lordy  I hate to break it to you but that’s what a contract agreement is. you have lost this argument  time to put your hands up to it. 

You’ll no doubt come back with ‘show me an example’ your previous attachment and the many cases where contract extensions have been triggered show there  are no examples, because no players are taking clubs to court. Do you know why? Because they are not illegal/ are enforced by UK law . same reason players don’t take clubs to court very often to break standard contracts... they’re also enforced. 

I did read over it and was familiar with pretty much every aspect of it. There is no information that backs up your wording that contract extensions controlled by clubs ‘are not enforced by UK law’ the restriction of trade timeframe are completely not relevant in a one year contract with a second year option (two year contract that can be terminated after one year) your wee link actually validated a lot of what I had said about early termination so thanks for sharing  

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

You said, and I quote it above, that it would be illegal for the club to trigger the clause. You agreed with me later that it was legitimate if both parties agreed it at the outset. Two entirely different scenarios.

Correct, he’ll come back with some word play spin no doubt. Dug himself a hole and to proud to admit he’s wrong. His response to you was that it was word for word what he said which is baffling. 

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The LPM fiasco all started when he fell out with SMISA, he's been on a year long crusade against the club since then.

Fiasco doesn't cover it. You have to wonder how anyone can claim to be a super supporter but tediously trys to undermine the club and manager. 

Fiasco doesn't cover it. You have to wonder how anyone can claim to be a super supporter but tediously trys to undermine the club and manager. 
Yeah, it would be better if he claimed not to be a supporter yet turned up at every game while trying to undermine the club.

Like anyone would do that...

Just now, Soctty said:
10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
The LPM fiasco all started when he fell out with SMISA, he's been on a year long crusade against the club since then.

To be fair, he was also a gargantuan bellend long before that...

Good point, well made. 

28 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Was he not the guy who would repeatedly heckle Richard Atkinson under another name until Richard called him by his first name and he then closed his account ? 

Maybe someone should try the magic word again emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Just because you disagree with him :blink:

37 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He was a relatively mild wind up merchant before that though, more to be be laughed at than debated with.

The whole falling out with SMISA thing seems to have left him truly embittered and determined to undermine, though. 

47 minutes ago, Soctty said:

But. Does he know where you sit?:P