The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Ofcourse he's not. I mean FFS it's what three or four years since I made any sort of lengthy post, anywhere, on anything to do with St Mirren. Perhaps I should be flattered that I've obviously had such an impact on so many St Mirren fans but you'd think the message might have sunk in now - I really couldn't give a toss about St Mirren anymore. I only ventured on here last week when I heard Provans was being dumped for some ridiculous deal with JD Sports.

My interest in this thread was the CIC proposal. The club I have helped out with over the last three years has gone from struggling to pay it's training lets and league fees to negotiating and submitting plans for shared ownership of two 4g pitches - and yes one will have a running track around it.... :rolleyes:Funnilly enough we did it with the investment from local businesses. It's strange how St Mirren couldn't get the same.... :rolleyes:

Oh and I am significantly better than all of you f**kwits.

I've never believed this is the real Lost Ud. This poster spells too well and the grammar is good, commas in mostly the right places and so on. :)

Even the sole error highlighted above is merely a typo, a human slip rather than a genuinely pervasive 'Stuey' crassness.

Sid, you have entirely misunderstood the point everyone is making here. Calm down and go read it all again.

Read it twice now and still think it is very poor. And you invited the criticism - "drivel from Sid aside." :P

I am actually very calm about the entire situation, but like most slightly concerned as there are going to be some unknowns in the process.

To take your nonsense statement - "In business, I don't look at what someone has done in the past, but what they deliver now, and what they intend to do in the present and future." - and get into that point in a bit more detail, which you haven't leaving it as throwaway justification for doubting the intentions of the current board in the face of past experience....

In business, certainly in my experience, the past is very much a consideration. Before I open an account for a customer they get credit checked - this is all about their past financial behaviour not what they might do in the future. When employing someone I read their CV before interviewing them - post interview I then check their references - yes there will be a bit in the middle about what they can do for me, but even that will be checked on competencies based on past skills and experience. I am not too sure what the nature of your business is, but in my industry case studies and proven ROI on projects is critical as is the delivery of CV's and experience of key staff. It is easier to sell proven product and services than it is to bring new technology to the marketplace.

To dismiss all the great achievements of the current board because they occured in the past is nothing more than a convenient nonsense. Why seek to build doubt in peoples heads at such a crucial time for the future of our club? Why is it football fans think they can besmirch the character of people like SG who have given so much to the club just because they wear a scarf of a Saturday. How would you react if someone completely dismissed the achievements of you and your business expressing doubt in public about your integrity in future dealings without evidencing the reason for your concerns.

This is not a football conversation about how good a manager is or who should play up front - this is the future of the club, and some semblence of responsibility and care should be taken in relation to how we express our concerns and desires for the future of the club.

We keep hearing about how we are not being cunsulted. Rather than trying to undermine the process and the people involved in it for point scoring, self-important blah, blah on an Internet forum - why not create a new positive thread about what we WOULD like to see for the future of our club. What changes would we like to see in the new structure of the club? What innovative new schemes would we like to see? What can we as supporters do to assist in spreading our love of St Mirren to the wider community in Paisley? etc, etc, etc....

That would be a lot more helpful to the current process than simply knocking it and the people involved in it. Let's stop the tyrekicking and create a thread that outlines what WE would like to happen, and how we might get off our lazy arses and help the club achieve it.

In business you have to suffer moaning c"nts within your business. The answer to their constant grumblings is a simple one - don't just bring me the problem, bring me the solution. Well the club is building its business plan - let's provide them with positive ideas rather than petty tyrekicking - rather than I'm no involved therefore I must be getting screwed nonsense.

I have managed to decode your shocking sentence construction and think I get your point, which is one I agree with. I believe that everyone is right to be concerned; however in the real world beyond St Mirren how much information is provided to deliver the comfort that we would all like to enjoy. I am pretty sure all of our employers play their cards pretty close to their chest. In a period where reduncancies are now commonplace - are companies giving us 6 months notice, or are public sector bodies being open and honest about their plans for the future. I am assured in my own experience that they do not - they didn't even offer that sort of information when times were good. That is the real world.

Moving away from the conspiracy theorists and dealing in facts, I do have some concerns as any sane person would in a period of change. We have recently changed manager, we have run relelgation close too many times now to feel comfortable about an SPL future, the SPL is in turmoil as they fanny around with half baked plans for reconstruction and of course on topic we have a change in the running of St Mirren itself. Any genuine fan will have concerns at the moment.

That being said, the one thing I am absolutely sure of is Stewart Gilmour. Since day one, SG has been open and honest with supporters in terms of his plans for the club. He has always stated that he considers himself a St Mirren supporter holding the guardianship of the clubs in his hands. He has always been clear in his words that he has always been keen to pass the club onto the right people with similar values to himself in terms of the future of the club. What we are seeing is a transition period with a warm handover of the club the well vetted and approved new guardians of St Mirren.

I am currently reading an excellent book by Barry Cunliffe, "Europe Between the Oceans". It is an archaeology based journey through pre-history right up to the AD1000. Fernand Braudel's vision of the essence of the Mediterranean sums up the journey perfectly, "our sea was from the very dawn of its pre-history a witness to those imbalances productive of change which would set the rythms of its entire life." Cunliffe goes on to say that this could be used to describe any of Europe's oceans or the peninsula itself. I would apply the statement to St Mirren as well. St Mirren is not a typical business. Europe's oceans and lands sustained us, they are the lifeblood. St Mirren is in many cases a lifeblood to supporters - an inherent part of our lives, an emotional and financial investment that has exceeded many lifetimes and crossed many generations - unless you're Bluto. :P

St Mirren like Europe has adapted and changed. It has come under pressure from external attacks, it has seen the nature of the club change and it has adapted itself to the enviroments at play around it. At the very beginning there were critical decisions to be made in terms of the clubs future. St Mirren and Abercorn were at an impass as Scottish football moved to professionalism. St Mirren adapted and survived. Abercorn resisted the change and descended into an annual dinner for dafties.

Thanks to financial mismanagement St Mirren was on its arse a long time before Bosman and was living on borrowed time. The change offered at that time was Reg Brealey. The current BoD had the brass balls to resist a change that would have seen our club finished. Phase 1 for SG and the BoD was to save the club from asset strippers - just as Stenny have sought the safety of CIC status to achieve the same.

The threat of extinction was still very much there for St Mirren in the shape of the bank. The BoD did not have the financial clout to deal with that by throwing money at the problem so we entered a phase of sound financial management, that whilst steadying the ship did not alleviate the issue. SG and the BoD then embarked on Phase 3 of their guardianship of the club they and we love. They worked on a plan to sell Love Street. We were all shiting ourselves - we knew the pitfalls for other clubs who had gone down this route and there was the emotional attachment to the club. The demonstration outside the Council offices has to be one of St Mirrens greatest days when the partial success of the plan was announced. The building was still to be done.

SG and the BoD delivered the new stadium, rid us of the debt that had crippled us and produced the Ralston training centre.

Form the intitial task of wresting the club from the grasp of Brealey, SG and the BOD delivered a remarkable achievement in terms of their guardianship.

We are now entering the final phase of their guardianship. Again SG was open and up front about the intentions. Remarkably there hasn't been the much rumoured quick sell that would see the BoD run off with the profits from selling the family jewels. No instead they have been undertaking the meticulous handover of the club to new guardians, resturcturing the club in such a way that its future is guaranteed for future generations of St Mirren fans. Exactly what SG said he would do.

Yes, we are all nervous, just as we were nervous about the planning permission, just as were nervous about the funding of the new stadium. However, surely ti f"ck SG has done enough over his remarkable stewardship of the club to warrant some faith in what he is trying to achieve. We have been very, very lucky to have SG running our club and there should almost certainly be some formal recognition of his achievements when he finally hands over the reigns to the people he trusts to take the club forward in an exciting, new and required structure for us to thrive as a club and to grow our place in the hearts of the community of Renfrewshire.

It is not a time for conspiracy and weakmindedness. It is a time when the outgoing and incoming guardians of the club need us to be supportive and get behind their innovative plans for the club; a time for us to stand firm and proud of what they and we have acheived over the last few years and be positive about the future that we will share under the new club structure. The next few weeks with be nervewracking just as the run up to the stadium sale was, but what will be achieve though its realisation is something beyond our wildest hopes for the club.

Time to keep the faith and get behind the club and what it is trying to achieve. Have some trust that it is good for all of us and demonstrate a singlemindedness that we want a strong St Mirren for future generations of St Mirren fans. And now I think I'll go to the pub. :cheers

Well you really are a pretentious fool!

I think you believe that you are the only one with an opinion on here please! As I said before I have the right to be genuinely concerned until I hear the full true facts not just the ones that you spout on here until then I will continually be a genuinely concerned Fan!

P.S In case you don’t know what Pretentious means here is the definition: Trying to sound intelligent by using long, complicated words, even though you don't know what they mean.

Read it twice now and still think it is very poor. And you invited the criticism - "drivel from Sid aside." :P

I am actually very calm about the entire situation, but like most slightly concerned as there are going to be some unknowns in the process.

To take your nonsense statement - "In business, I don't look at what someone has done in the past, but what they deliver now, and what they intend to do in the present and future." - and get into that point in a bit more detail, which you haven't leaving it as throwaway justification for doubting the intentions of the current board in the face of past experience....

In business, certainly in my experience, the past is very much a consideration. Before I open an account for a customer they get credit checked - this is all about their past financial behaviour not what they might do in the future. When employing someone I read their CV before interviewing them - post interview I then check their references - yes there will be a bit in the middle about what they can do for me, but even that will be checked on competencies based on past skills and experience. I am not too sure what the nature of your business is, but in my industry case studies and proven ROI on projects is critical as is the delivery of CV's and experience of key staff. It is easier to sell proven product and services than it is to bring new technology to the marketplace.

To dismiss all the great achievements of the current board because they occured in the past is nothing more than a convenient nonsense. Why seek to build doubt in peoples heads at such a crucial time for the future of our club? Why is it football fans think they can besmirch the character of people like SG who have given so much to the club just because they wear a scarf of a Saturday. How would you react if someone completely dismissed the achievements of you and your business expressing doubt in public about your integrity in future dealings without evidencing the reason for your concerns.

This is not a football conversation about how good a manager is or who should play up front - this is the future of the club, and some semblence of responsibility and care should be taken in relation to how we express our concerns and desires for the future of the club.

We keep hearing about how we are not being cunsulted. Rather than trying to undermine the process and the people involved in it for point scoring, self-important blah, blah on an Internet forum - why not create a new positive thread about what we WOULD like to see for the future of our club. What changes would we like to see in the new structure of the club? What innovative new schemes would we like to see? What can we as supporters do to assist in spreading our love of St Mirren to the wider community in Paisley? etc, etc, etc....

That would be a lot more helpful to the current process than simply knocking it and the people involved in it. Let's stop the tyrekicking and create a thread that outlines what WE would like to happen, and how we might get off our lazy arses and help the club achieve it.

In business you have to suffer moaning c"nts within your business. The answer to their constant grumblings is a simple one - don't just bring me the problem, bring me the solution. Well the club is building its business plan - let's provide them with positive ideas rather than petty tyrekicking - rather than I'm no involved therefore I must be getting screwed nonsense.

Sid I would only have one simple question.

The 2 million that is going to be paid for shares - where is this money coming from.

If the money is coming from a loan who is responsible for this loan if it cant be paid back.

I'm sure all of us want to know this before any deal is signed especially share holders no matter how many they hold.

The new stadium will not get us out of another mess and that is very important to understand

Well you really are a pretentious fool!

I think you believe that you are the only one with an opinion on here please! As I said before I have the right to be genuinely concerned until I hear the full true facts not just the ones that you spout on here until then I will continually be a genuinely concerned Fan!

P.S In case you don’t know what Pretentious means here is the definition: Trying to sound intelligent by using long, complicated words, even though you don't know what they mean.

Nonsense, pretentious is someone that claims a distinction or position of merit above others. Perfect examples of that would be "animals" or "kemp" who have made vacuous claims based on job titles.

I am just a fan the same as any other - I don't even seek to big myself up because I have a season ticket like some strange characters, nor do I claim to a better supporter than anyone else or have any more knowledge than anyone else - other than the stuff I personally make up. :P

I have already said that every fan will have concerns, every fan will be nervous over the coming weeks - that includes me. What I will not be doing is transferring my concern into unjustified, made up criticism.

I refuse to apologise to a luddite for my wonderfully vocabulary no matter how badly mispelt it is. :P

Sid I would only have one simple question.

The 2 million that is going to be paid for shares - where is this money coming from.

If the money is coming from a loan who is responsible for this loan if it cant be paid back.

I'm sure all of us want to know this before any deal is signed especially share holders no matter how many they hold.

The new stadium will not get us out of another mess and that is very important to understand

LS, pick up the phone and ask St Mirren. The "ifs and buts" would drive a fan insane - you are never going to know all of the fine detail. In business, I perform a specific role - I don't need to know what some bawbag in finance is doing or what the creepy folk in HR are up to. I let them get on with what they do and I trust them to do it.

Me, I am happy to trust the parties involved. I know that the outcome of CIC, without knowing the detail, is what I have dreamt of for the club.

Do you seriously believe that SG is going to leave the club in a mess? :blink:

More pish.....your complaint relates to a lack of consultation with the support - you appear to have completely missed the f'k'n point about what CIC status is about. It not only delivers consultation, it delivers active community involvement in the club - that is one of the key deliverables to firstly achieve the status and just as importantly for it to secure funding. CIC stands for community interest company; however, it could just as easily stand for Community Involvement Company.

So let's consider your taudry complaint in detail. The club works through an aggresive and time sensitive plan that dimwitted conspiracy theorists declared would be a disaster - the budget for the stadium would not be enough and we would end up with more debt or lose the club, the BoD weren't experienced enough therefore Barr would screw us, blah f'k'n blah.....This was a massive project for the club, an absolutely critical project for the club that has transformed our status from completely skint club on the verge of administration to a secure club with an excellent training facility.

So let's hear your petty complaints about the stadium construction??????????? Get them out there so we can compare what has been achieved by the BoD versus what you are in enough of a sulk about to seek to undermine the current process....... :rolleyes:

Chill.

What Kemp said applies to that rant also. "Sid, you have entirely misunderstood the point everyone is making here. Calm down and go read it all again."

I'll re-read and reply when I back tonight.

LS, pick up the phone and ask St Mirren. The "ifs and buts" would drive a fan insane - you are never going to know all of the fine detail. In business, I perform a specific role - I don't need to know what some bawbag in finance is doing or what the creepy folk in HR are up to. I let them get on with what they do and I trust them to do it.

Me, I am happy to trust the parties involved. I know that the outcome of CIC, without knowing the detail, is what I have dreamt of for the club.

Do you seriously believe that SG is going to leave the club in a mess? :blink:

Stawart Gilmour is a St Mirren legend along with other board members who put their personal financial wealth on the line to save the club. I can't even imagine how much work and worry these guy's went through all in the name of St Mirren. No wonder they want out, surely they must be completely burnt out with the whole episode.

You would also like to think their lawyers have all the knots and crosses covered.

That in it's self does not leave me comfortable with what we do know. Mr Artkinson is not spending any of his own money to buy 2 million pounds worth of shares. Therefore a percentage loan that comes from where ever has to be the way the money is being raised along with fans buying into the club , the latter also worries me just look at SMISA numbers.

That leaves a bottom line of who is responsible for the loan that can not be paid back if that unforeseen situation should it arise. That can not be a bad question to ask surly.

You say phone up and ask the question directly. But that question is what every St Mirren supporter would want to know.

I can't believe for Mr Artkinson to come out and tell us this would jeopardize the deal in anyway.

Unless of course there is something to hide.

Stawart Gilmour is a St Mirren legend along with other board members who put their personal financial wealth on the line to save the club. I can't even imagine how much work and worry these guy's went through all in the name of St Mirren. No wonder they want out, surely they must be completely burnt out with the whole episode.

You would also like to think their lawyers have all the knots and crosses covered.

That in it's self does not leave me comfortable with what we do know. Mr Artkinson is not spending any of his own money to buy 2 million pounds worth of shares. Therefore a percentage loan that comes from where ever has to be the way the money is being raised along with fans buying into the club , the latter also worries me just look at SMISA numbers.

That leaves a bottom line of who is responsible for the loan that can not be paid back if that unforeseen situation should it arise. That can not be a bad question to ask surly.

You say phone up and ask the question directly. But that question is what every St Mirren supporter would want to know.

I can't believe for Mr Artkinson to come out and tell us this would jeopardize the deal in anyway.

Take a deep breath and have a think about what you are doing. Drop all the interest in posting like you are the champion of all St Mirren supporters. Take off the unofficial Mr St Mirren hat and have a good long think about it.

There is an open invitation according to Div that the club is happy to alleviate the concerns of individual supporters in private away from the flaming eyes of the press. Rather than take up that offer you prefer to make silly demands on a public internet forum on behalf of the rest of the planet, whilst at the same time posting pish that you don't know is true or not.

Are you really helping the club or its supporters? Nope, you are scaremongering with absolutely no potential positive outcome for the club or its supporters - only a potentially negative one.

I suggest you seek counselling for your trust issues then contact the club directly. :P

Sid, I completely agree with everything that you have said on this thread to date. I think that calling for respect, patience and some semblance of calm on this matter is entirely justified and the correct thing to do. However, only two weeks ago you gave me a hard time for saying a similar thing in someone else's ridiculous thread: here. :P:lol::lol: :P

The truth of the matter is that the questions that people need answered are all researchable and the information on all of the subjects is obtainable if people could be bothered getting off their backsides and doing so. The problem is, it is just so much easier to post negative shite on an internet forum than make some effort to find out.

Sid is correct, this is a critical time and others are also correct in saying that they need to know what it going on. The issue is that asking stupid questions sullied by negative, cynical, phobic undertones on a football forum is not the way to get that info and potentially jeopardizes the whole process.

Questions like, "who will the debt belong to if it all goes tits up" would be a valid one if it hadn't been answered by me twice, Div and Sid on separate occasions. Not only can people not be bothered picking up a phone, sending an email or doing some online research, they clearly can't be bothered looking through this thread to find the answers to their questions.

How about those who are interested and worried put in some effort to find out for yourselves, because clearly you don't believe what has been posted on here. And then, instead of appearing ignorant and negative you will have something constructive to add to the discussion...

Of course there is something to hide - all of the complicated arrangements pertaining to the transfer of the club. Until the people within our boardroom, 'old guard' and 'new guys' alike are ready to roll out their plans, they're acting perfectly sensibly in keeping everything hidden!

I'm now bored reading this thread. It seems to have degenerated into a willie measuring contest.

Some people are regurgitating the same lines of argument ad nauseum (why doesn't Mr Atkinson come on here and tell us what he's up to, blah, blah, blah....), while others are generally pontificating shite (Sid) to the extent that any decent points - of which I'm sure there will be a few - are now engulfed in willie fencing. Get over yourselves folks. It's not clever, and it's not entertaining.

Sid, I completely agree with everything that you have said on this thread to date. I think that calling for respect, patience and some semblance of calm on this matter is entirely justified and the correct thing to do. However, only two weeks ago you gave me a hard time for saying a similar thing in someone else's ridiculous thread: here. :P:lol::lol: :P

Flamers perogative. :P

I'm now bored reading this thread. It seems to have degenerated into a willie measuring contest.

Some people are regurgitating the same lines of argument ad nauseum (why doesn't Mr Atkinson come on here and tell us what he's up to, blah, blah, blah....), while others are generally pontificating shite (Sid) to the extent that any decent points - of which I'm sure there will be a few - are now engulfed in willie fencing. Get over yourselves folks. It's not clever, and it's not entertaining.

Don't read it then - I'm having great fun. :P

I think the thread should denegrate to being a bit like one of those mock grieving books they always put on for the public to sign a wee message of respect. We can call it the - The Virtual Book of Concern. No need for details, just a post saying "I'm concerned", then we can all share our moment. :P

I'm concerned, St Sid - M3 Main Stand. :P

Then once SG runs off to the West Indies to invest in a cricket club with his extorted money we can quickly switch it to a RIP St Mirren Book of Remembrence - get a grip. :rolleyes:

Don't read it then - I'm having great fun. :P

I think the thread should denegrate to being a bit like one of those mock grieving books they always put on for the public to sign a wee message of respect. We can call it the - The Virtual Book of Concern. No need for details, just a post saying "I'm concerned", then we can all share our moment. :P

I'm concerned, St Sid - M3 Main Stand. :P

Then once SG runs off to the West Indies to invest in a cricket club with his extorted money we can quickly switch it to a RIP St Mirren Book of Remembrence - get a grip. :rolleyes:

FWIW Sid, I largely agree with the main thrust of your argument, but I find that all the effort I'm going to in terms of weeding it out is placing me under intolerable strain.

Look on the bright side. We all might have unanswered questions, we all might disagree on whether they should be aired on a forum, but the bright side is that negotiations between Richard Atkinson and St Mirren have been going on for about seven months now, so one thing we can be sure of is that whatever the details prove to be, they will have been carefully considered and thought about. We might not agree with it, but it won't be a half-arsed plan thrown together in 5 minutes. Another bright side is that no-one is mentioning the names Angelo Massoni, Peter Ridsdale, Milan Mandaric, or Sheik Maboaby of the United Desert Kingdom of Arabiasomewhereland.

Praise the Lord!

Another bright side is that no-one is mentioning the names Angelo Massoni, Peter Ridsdale, Milan Mandaric, or Sheik Maboaby of the United Desert Kingdom of Arabiasomewhereland.

Massoni expressed an interest in buying the club at one point !!

Questions like, "who will the debt belong to if it all goes tits up" would be a valid one if it hadn't been answered by me twice, Div and Sid on separate occasions. Not only can people not be bothered picking up a phone, sending an email or doing some online research, they clearly can't be bothered looking through this thread to find the answers to their questions.

Great put the link up

The truth of the matter is that the questions that people need answered are all researchable and the information on all of the subjects is obtainable if people could be bothered getting off their backsides and doing so. The problem is, it is just so much easier to post negative shite on an internet forum than make some effort to find out.

Sid is correct, this is a critical time and others are also correct in saying that they need to know what it going on. The issue is that asking stupid questions sullied by negative, cynical, phobic undertones on a football forum is not the way to get that info and potentially jeopardizes the whole process.

How about those who are interested and worried put in some effort to find out for yourselves, because clearly you don't believe what has been posted on here. And then, instead of appearing ignorant and negative you will have something constructive to add to the discussion...

Sorry can’t find an answer anywhere in the thread that tells me what’s in it for Mr. Atkinson, and why he will be in control of the football club when he is not even a shareholder and appears to have invested zero in the club financially. What is in it for him, what guarantee does he have that in fact he will still be a part of the new board, since it will be community owned? Will there be a new board or will the current one continue to run the club without owning the shares? I don’t think any of these questions are covered in what is probably the best thread on the forum in a long time.

Sorry can’t find an answer anywhere in the thread that tells me what’s in it for Mr. Atkinson, and why he will be in control of the football club when he is not even a shareholder and appears to have invested zero in the club financially. What is in it for him, what guarantee does he have that in fact he will still be a part of the new board, since it will be community owned? Will there be a new board or will the current one continue to run the club without owning the shares? I don’t think any of these questions are covered in what is probably the best thread on the forum in a long time.

Bizarrely those questions were covered in the official statement from the club when this was all announced eons ago. The rumour mongering and attempts by people to put their own slant on matters have muddied the waters. If someone can dig out the already bublished fishal statements that might help those who are letting their imaginations get carried away. :P

I'm currently going through every post trying to find out who is paying the 2 million loan for the shares. I have picked up already that Mr Artkinson is not putting up any of his own money.

So I gather the community must have to pay up the 2 million. Next logical question would be who in the community.

Or does ktf think just because it's a community loan means it dose not need to be paid back if things goes tits up. :blink:

What is this fresh air money. :rolleyes:

Anyway I an still shifting through the thread looking for the man with the answers according to himself ktf.