Church at SMP

Couldn't see this anywhere else!

Doesn't look like we'll be getting our supporters bar at the ground unfortunately!

My auntie goes to a church on stock street in Paisley and to my surprise has told me that as from May they will be holding they're services in our spare conference suit at SMP. This isn't rubber stamped as yet but the church members are going down to the stadium next week to have a look and meet the bod (Richard Atkinson I'm guessing).

Looks as if this has something to do with the cic to me.

Interesting....

my mate has a venue is glasgow that runs gigs on saturday night and is rented out every sunday by a church group. They are his biggest source of income.

Why would anybody respect a Religion who would have you burn in hell for just not believing in what they are preaching ? :blink:

Not only do not all religions support that view but those that do are in a minority. Most people I know who have religious or spiritual beliefs go about their lives in a quiet manner and do not thrust their beliefs on anyone. I find that those that mouth off are those that have never studied the subject.

Couldn't see this anywhere else!

Doesn't look like we'll be getting our supporters bar at the ground unfortunately!

My auntie goes to a church on stock street in Paisley and to my surprise has told me that as from May they will be holding they're services in our spare conference suit at SMP. This isn't rubber stamped as yet but the church members are going down to the stadium next week to have a look and meet the bod (Richard Atkinson I'm guessing).

Looks as if this has something to do with the cic to me.

Interesting....

Income is income!!!

Its nice to see our facilities being used more often anyway.

That would make them h*n/fe***n/t*m/orange bastards.

As opposed to St. Mirren fans, who are not h*n/fe***n/t*m/orange bastards, irrespective of whatever sect of christianity they may choose to follow and therefore wouldnt be offended.

Sorry for the language...but that is just bollocks. Either you're on the wind-up or you really are an imbecile.

No I don't like religion. I thought I had already made that clear.

Ye did.

Whoosh? :D

Also... over a 100 replies to this non-subject.

Shows ye that, especially in the West of Scotland, Churches should not be associated in any way with fitba. No need for religion to try to infest every corner of life, surely? :rolleyes:

So because you don't like it no one should be aloud to preach a service at the stadium , is that what your saying.

Church or chapel is not for me but I would never condemn those who do.

No that's not what I'm saying or anything link what Im saying. If you bother to read anything I write before commenting upon it you'll see that what I am saying is that I don't want to sit next to a church group. No more no less.

They can preach their sermons whereever they like, but not to me. St Mirren Park is a football stadium first and foremost football and it's fans should have presidence over other activities, if it clashes with other groups, then the other groups should be moved.

No that's not what I'm saying or anything link what Im saying. If you bother to read anything I write before commenting upon it you'll see that what I am saying is that I don't want to sit next to a church group. No more no less.

They can preach their sermons whereever they like, but not to me. St Mirren Park is a football stadium first and foremost football and it's fans should have presidence over other activities, if it clashes with other groups, then the other groups should be moved.

Only read your recent post above. So when you get on a train do you ask the person next to you if they go to church , and if so do you move :P

Personally I think your taking this a bit too seriously for reasons pointed out many times on this thread <_<

Only read your recent post above. So when you get on a train do you ask the person next to you if they go to church , and if so do you move :P

Personally I think your taking this a bit too seriously for reasons pointed out many times on this thread dry.gif

The PERSON next to me is not a church group.

I suspect that the devisive nature of religion (which is one of my principle objections to it) is why the troll who asked about 'the deal with St Mirren and religion' did so.

The PERSON next to me is not a church group.

I suspect that the devisive nature of religion (which is one of my principle objections to it) is why the troll who asked about 'the deal with St Mirren and religion' did so.

Can you record yourself onto a CD for me because I suffer from insomnia, but you're posts help me to feel sllllleeeeeppppyyyy -_-

Sounds like a great idea. It will ensure a steady income to the club for around 52 Sundays of the year. Understandably this will clash with several st mirren games over a season and I believe the church are well aware of this arrangement.

If it were to come to fruition then the church may well use the facilities many other times throughout the year for various other gatherings thus spreading the word of st mirren. This can only be a good thing for st mirren fc in the long run and we might even get a few more fans along the way.

Some very odd views on this thread. St Mirren is already a very broad church. The beauty of St Mirren is that we don;t really care what somebody choses to get up to outwith football or if they opt to bless themselves going on the pitch like John Potter - not that it is working for him. :P

We have the lunatic oirish republican types exiled in Dublin, we have Bluto and his blatant anti-Muslim EDL nonsense, 2Becks and his OTT reaction to getting kiddyfiddled by the clergy in his youth. All pretty extreme viewpoints, but they are St Mirren supporters and all they care about is St Mirren - they would never utilise St Mirren as a vehicle / brand for their extreme agendas and would certainly be called on if they attempted it.

I am delighted that a church will be holding ceremonies in the stadium facilities. For me this is another positive for St Mirren. The media will of course put their scumbag spin on it. That says more about their agenda, just as anyone having a go at this only let's themself down.

What if someone wants to have their wedding reception at the clubs new supporters bar / function suite? If they were married at a church would the member of the clergy performing the ceremony be barred from attending the reception? Should we ban priests and ministers or imams from attending St Mirren games. Should we set about them if they are caught wearing a St Mirren scarf.

I like St Mirren's tolerance - one of the best things about it, and why it is such a great community club. I would be proud to bring anyone to St Mirren park no matter what cultural background they have and I would be confident that they would be made very welcome.

Some very odd views on this thread. St Mirren is already a very broad church. The beauty of St Mirren is that we don;t really care what somebody choses to get up to outwith football or if they opt to bless themselves going on the pitch like John Potter - not that it is working for him. :P

We have the lunatic oirish republican types exiled in Dublin, we have Bluto and his blatant anti-Muslim EDL nonsense, 2Becks and his OTT reaction to getting kiddyfiddled by the clergy in his youth. All pretty extreme viewpoints, but they are St Mirren supporters and all they care about is St Mirren - they would never utilise St Mirren as a vehicle / brand for their extreme agendas and would certainly be called on if they attempted it.

I am delighted that a church will be holding ceremonies in the stadium facilities. For me this is another positive for St Mirren. The media will of course put their scumbag spin on it. That says more about their agenda, just as anyone having a go at this only let's themself down.

What if someone wants to have their wedding reception at the clubs new supporters bar / function suite? If they were married at a church would the member of the clergy performing the ceremony be barred from attending the reception? Should we ban priests and ministers or imams from attending St Mirren games. Should we set about them if they are caught wearing a St Mirren scarf.

I like St Mirren's tolerance - one of the best things about it, and why it is such a great community club. I would be proud to bring anyone to St Mirren park no matter what cultural background they have and I would be confident that they would be made very welcome.

I fear you're projecting there Sid :wink:

Edited by 2becks

Its great to see we have someone on here who is sensible and capable of drawing a line under matters such as this. I really thought St. (Sensible) Sid’s post was the definitive post on this thread and I was hoping everyone would leave it at that, however I see 2Beaks couldn’t resist trying to get the final word in once again. Maybe the Moderator should just put the thread in the trash bin.

Sid's a card-carrying religious zealot, with his colours nailed firmly to the cross er... mast. Far from being tolerant and sensible, he makes personal, unsubstantiated attacks on people who don't believe in fairies. Such character assassination - repeat lies often enough and some mud may stick - is a notoriously and infamously Jesuit tactic. <_<

He is still merely the same c*ltic fan that he always was, who is happily using his current St Mirren cover as a vehicle / brand for his extreme agenda of turning the secular brand of Buddism into Parkhead II.

The St bit of St Sid has always resonated with ulterior purpose.