Church at SMP

A church?

A church at a football ground?

A church at St Mirren park?

FFS this CIC must be desperate for money.

We could have church on a sunday, scouts on a monday, BB's on a tues, devil worshipping on a wednesday, bingo on a thursday and hairdressing/basket weaving on a friday with Saturday usually booked for football!

Anyway I hope this "church" will become fully paid up members on the CIC at the £10,000 per annum.

You forgot about the Swingers Club on a Wednesday night and the Gay-Husband Swapping on a Friday afternoon :lol:

It's completely negative and small-minded that people would think this is a bad or wrong move.

The whole idea behind the CiC model is that we increase the revenue of the club, one of the major strategies for this is to maximise the income from the stadium facilities. There really aren't any other businesses who would need conference facilities on a weekly basis, especially on a Sunday.

This equates to regular income, on a day and time when no-one else would use the place.

Try to put your religious prejudices aside and consider the good of the club and a local organisation. Also the opportunity to increase the fan base with members of the church and the kids that probably go. I can't see any negatives in this.

And I have no agenda, if it was the Renfrewshire gay and lesbian Subbuteo society or the Paisley muslim carpet bowls team, I couldn't care less. Regular income and potentially more fans... Everyone's a winner!

Where do they usually hold their meets?

Church groups do a fair bit for community, my wee one goes to playgroup at one a couple of times a week for example. If it uses part of the ground on a day when the club don't use it then fair enough,

it's not going to be forced baptisms in the dressing rooms or anything wacko.

I can exclusively reveal the first church meeting at the ground is to discuss the state of our town. Titled 'What would happen if God came to Paisley today?'

... He'd play in the reserves until Higdon got injured.

The old ones are the best.

What about Ralston ? I think we have a plunge pool there. Could we not have baptisms for born agains in that ? :unsure:

As long as the Paisley and District wifeswappers don't leave any ..ahem substances in it from their timeslot with it.

mmmmmmmmmm problem??????

Surely early Sunday kick off v Old firm for TV will not allow this to take place........

Cant imagine church would be happy with all the noise from outside

Do not know about this one but not all Churches meet on a Sunday morning.

And for those that mentioned religion and football don't mix there may be an element of truth in that. Most bigots I know do not go to Church so no problem!

We should welcome all groups that want to use the stadium and respect people's beliefs.

Whether I agree with what any church (happy clappy or otherwise) does is irrelevant. Unless they are directly having a negative effect on other individual fans, I don't see what harm they are doing (anyone?). The same goes for any other organisation using our facilities.

Indeed. :wink:

We should welcome all groups that want to use the stadium and respect people's beliefs.

Indeed.

I indulge in a mild form of devil worship before every home game,as I offer my soul to Satan in exchange for a win.*

That should help to offset any future god bothering within the stadium.

*I am however a tad disappointed with the return this season,although the last couple of games have seen auld nick deliver the goods.devil-smiley-029.gif

Edited by FTOF

Do not know about this one but not all Churches meet on a Sunday morning.

And for those that mentioned religion and football don't mix there may be an element of truth in that. Most bigots I know do not go to Church so no problem!

Absolutely. The difference with us and religion in the Old Firm is that we don't favour any religion. The bigots do, and we should treat them just as any other community interest wishing to use our facilities. All are welcome. Except Nazis/old firm agendas. They are not.

This is the most pathetic idea I have heard....must be a wind up!!!

Last thing we need is to be associated with a church or any type of religion. :angry:

If god told the nice people to give us some money and they can use our facilities, who are we, as lesser mortals, to argue?star-wars-smiley-023.gif

Last thing we need is to be associated with a church or any type of religion. :angry:

Why? They pay us for using space, we get money.

Would you be ok with the Scouts or Boys Brigade using the hall?

If so, what's the difference?

Spot on.

Absolutely. The difference with us and religion in the Old Firm is that we don't favour any religion. The bigots do, and we should treat them just as any other community interest wishing to use our facilities. All are welcome. Except Nazis/old firm agendas. They are not.

So where is my green dot then? :)

I'll respect your views and in return maybe you would like to respect those that do follow a religion. You have a choice. So does everyone else.