Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

22 hours ago, Slarti said:

Apparently the other end of the loop was connected at St James, though.

http://railway.paisleyhistory.uk/

You can see it in the St James Station pic I posted. Ran from there to  Ferguslie station with sidings to Pressed Steel/Rootes.

From Ferguslie to Stanely then Glenburn. You can still see the platforms and footbridge of the station from Glenburn Rd.

On 1/28/2024 at 8:31 PM, Albanian Buddy said:

Apologies if this has been posted before.

I enjoyed that right up to the point the esteemed provost popped up, I happen to know that she is only about 5 years younger than me and to state that she never heard the chimes as an adult is just bollocks, she just never listened.

16 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I enjoyed that right up to the point the esteemed provost popped up, I happen to know that she is only about 5 years younger than me and to state that she never heard the chimes as an adult is just bollocks, she just never listened.

When we win the cup later this year, I hope it will be able to play 'Oh When The Saints.....'

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, a real memory jerker as my mother used to take me here when I was very young. 

In these days we used to actually buy stiff at the cinema, unlike these days when it costs an arm and a leg for a bag of Pick N Mix. :lol:

High Street
The Kiosk within the Foyer of the old Picture House on the High Street c.1960's. Most folks who remember the old Cinema will also remember the long walk down the corridor too, but one photo of the place which is proving very illusive is of the Fountain within,

May be a black-and-white image of 2 people, fragrance, newsagent and text

Edited by faraway saint