The Rugby Thread

shull

Forget the individual decisions and look at the bigger picture. World Rugby is dominated and over influenced by the Southern Hemisphere countries. Every step is taken that will guarantee NZ, Oz and SA as semi-finalists. Only England are tolerated in this club and their early exit, alongside the shock of the Japan v SA result, all but ensured that strings would be pulled in the latter stages of the competition to ensure a 'suitable' final for TV audiences. I would love Argentina to win the semi-final against Oz....but they won't. More dubious decisions await.

You've pretty well nailed it there. It occurred to me at the final whistle that at a high level a decision was made that the sport does not want a semi final between Argentina and Scotland. It's not quite the image the game wants to promote, especially when it guarantees one of them in the final probably against New Zealand where you'll see a one sided game with a 50 point winning margin by the end.

Hmmm, not quite the spectacle they want for a audience of mostly casual observers.

Yup , class, raw power and athleticism......It's a different game to the Northern hemisphere stuff, but still, heh hoh, bring on the Six nations.

Fwiw, by then the feel good, feel robbed , shit from this world cup will be gone, but hopefully , and I do believe / think Scotland will do pretty well, THIS time.

Just gonna end beat England and keep their misery topped up. We are due a national rugby performance in this competition, it's been too long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Warriors 13 6 Treviso

Gritty win but another poor showing in dreadful conditions. World cup returnees look below form, especially Russell. Weir made a difference when he came on.

Never been to a Warriors Match.

Maybe wait till the Spring when it's less cooler.

Edited by shull

Who's a big Jessie now?

One things for sure you won't see any big Jessie's out playing rugby.

When it comes to outdoor Sports in the Winter. I have been jessified.

Was at the top class and warm Emirates Arena last night for Basketball.

After freezing Ibrox on Saturday, I need Summer football.

Warriors still get going this season but will come good hopefully will start on Saturday. .paulo filo impressed for Treviso ..big guy with the hair..a bit of a shame to see them lose as they made most of the running..might have been different if their penalties had been converted. .but will take the win ..

Never been to a Warriors Match.

Maybe wait till the Spring when it's less cooler.

My cousins man plays for Warriors and is a Scotland internationalist.If you are up for it I could get you comps..........they are only a Tenner each.