750G Loaf

Bud the Baker

Anyway,stop talking about Bread. Absolute torture for a poor Coeliac like myself..... Gluten free to those who don't know.

Ordinary bread is just one of the many things on my not allowed list these days.....oh and beer as well.

Bread and beer is Shit anyway.....

Anyway,stop talking about Bread. Absolute torture for a poor Coeliac like myself..... Gluten free to those who don't know.Ordinary bread is just one of the many things on my not allowed list these days.....oh and beer as well.Bread and beer is Shit anyway.....

Agreed this thread was doughing faraways head in. Me, I was roll ing with it........

OL economy brands generally use the cheaper flour but the ordinary OL brands use the regular flour.

What I'm asking BtB is there any difference between a ordinary OL loaf and a M+S loaf?

What I'm asking BtB is there any difference between a ordinary OL loaf and a M+S loaf?

There are slight variations in the recipes, for example one large chain (every little helps) don't want Vinegar in their loaves, but by and large no.

Ooops, I just realized M&S don't take Vinegar in their bread either but some chains do. Vinegar (generally less than 1%) is used mainly as a preservative so bread with vinegar generally has an extra day's shelf life. I think bread with vinegar tastes better, it is also easier to bake as it controls rising to an extent, I reckon barring equipment failure I could bake a good loaf 99/100 with vinegar whereas without it's a bit hit and miss - who knows maybe I'm just a shit poor baker!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest somner9

We as the punter look like being well fired again... Didn't the bastards do this with Curly Wurlies? Stop pan-dering, give it to them plain and simple.

We knead to roll together on this, stay nimble, use our loaf, and don't let them slice us up any old way! The time has come to rise up, lightly dust ourselves down and prove to these doughballs their scheme is half-baked!

We may only number 13? But that doz-ent matter, yea-st ye forget! we can all be well balanced!

Why don't we combine this thread with the numberplate one, and if we see 750 G on a numberplate, we'll know it's a baker ripping the piss.

I too use the M77/M8 thru' Glasgow city centre, when it's not busy I stick to 50 but generally find myself to be one of the slower drivers, when it's busy I tend to go with the flow which is 55-60mph and when it's very busy it can be anything between 10-35mph!