Bolton Interested In Mcginn

densop1

• 2 weeks later...

Any money we get would be used to service debts and running costs don't kid yourself

Sometimes the negativity on here astounds me. Other times I think people are just yanking chains to see who reacts. Which is the case here? You decide.

Edited by BAWZ

Sometimes the negativity on here astounds me. Other times I think people are just yanking chains to see who reacts. Which is the case here? You decide.

Agree with you. I've got that tosser lovestreet on ignore but he turns up everywhere like a bad smell. What bloody debt is the eejit talking about?

You obviously know nothing of the finances of our club,you must be one of the clowns who thought when we sold the stadium we would be debt free and have money in the bank. Far from the case,we like other clubs are struggling.

You obviously know nothing of the finances of our club,you must be one of the clowns who thought when we sold the stadium we would be debt free and have money in the bank. Far from the case,we like other clubs are struggling.

in what way are we struggling? our accounts are freely available and we are in very good shape.

That'd be lovely, but probably more likely that Board members would (reasonably in my view) seek to recoup some of their investment.

what investment? they have never to my knowlege put a penny in, they guaranteed loans only

SMISA have offered them money for shares in the club and have knocked back, the investment came from us every week and the Tesco deal

what investment? they have never to my knowlege put a penny in, they guaranteed loans only

SMISA have offered them money for shares in the club and have knocked back, the investment came from us every week and the Tesco deal

If the BOD hadn't put money into our club it wouldn't be here,

quote figures and when they ACTUALLYput money in ?

Better idea son, you go and do your homework try reading up on our current Directors. You will see then just what they have put into the club,one even cashed in his pension to keep us afloat. Seriously some thicko's on here.

Edited by lovestreet

Better idea son, you go and do your homework try reading up on our current Directors. You will see then just what they have put into the club,one even cashed in his pension to keep us afloat. Seriously some thicko's on here.

Recently? Perhaps in the First and playing at Love St that happened but hadn't heard of it happening recently, in fact SG said as much in a radio interview.

If that's the case then surely the directors will get their money back from the sale of club, meaning the debt doesn't lie with the club? E.g. There isn't a debt, so transfer fees would be banked.

Recently or not its irrelevant if they put the money in they deserve the money back and that's exactly what would happen from the majority of the money from any future sale,the rest would go towards servicing debts and the running costs of the club,are we in profit?

Gone are the days we will see a manager if SMFC with a large chunk of cash to spend.

Edited by lovestreet

Nah, George wasn't stupid.

It was his wife's pension.

Class,this coming from a muppet who doesn't know what debt is. You can't script this stuff,thanks for cheering me up wee man.

Whataboutery - you have no idea on our clubs finances. If you want Ill send you a copy of them accounts so you can see how much mince you have been talking.

Edited by marrez

The reason we won't get such big transfer fees for our young players is that we cling to the fantasy that we have the slightest chance of holding on to them if a big club comes in. Hamilton knew that any player with half decent ability would leave eventually, so it's in their best interests to talk them up from day 1 to try and get a huge pay off when they inevitably leave. We talk our players down in the hope that the good ones might slip under the radar of the bigger clubs, it's not going to happen, their scouting networks are far too good. Make no mistake, all the Championship clubs will already be well aware of any decent young footballers in the SPL. But it's the ones with the huge hype in the media that they'll have to pay through the nose for. McHattie and McGowan from Hearts are prime examples, neither are as good as McGinn but Hearts have been making a big fuss about them since they broke into the first team, that fuss will eventually lead to a big transfer fee. I don't want to lose McGinn, but I'd also hate to think that playing in the SPL for St Mirren was the height of his ambitions, I just want us to be fairly compensated when he does go...

Totally agree - I've been saying the same thing every time speculation erupts for years.