Bolton Interested In Mcginn

densop1

If there is any substance to this rumour whatsoever;

We are in complete control of this one. He has two years left to run on his current deal which means any club interested in him would have to submit a huge offer in order for us to even consider selling him and McGinn would have to be desperate to leave.

Every Scottish club is a selling club these days but there's no need for us to get rid of him this summer considering the fact we're financially stable and McGinn looks happy at the club. I'd bet that there is more chance of him extending his contract here than leaving too soon and making the same mistake as his brother.

I'd guess John has a bit more sense than to chase the dollar too soon. Especially as his brother is now looking to come back up the road. John knows that the number on asset of a young footballer is game time and his more likely to get that at St Mirren than at Bolton.

It's one of those tricky ones i think. If Bolton offered us 500K and add-ons, do we turn it down? At this time next year if the lad has a broken leg or a knee like Darren McGregor's, another year on his contract is neither here nor there. I know we don't want to lose a terrific prospect like him but there might be a big decision to be made.

2.5 million no less.

If Zaha was worth 12.5 million before add ons the Mcginn must be worth £2.5million.

Set £500,000 asside for a few quality additions then bank the rest to provide financial stability. (Bringing his brother back as replacement is also a good shout)

Guest somner9

Anything on football rumours' website should be taken with a massive pinch of salt.

It's frequented by spotty wee geeks with no insider knowledge whatsoever.

Naw that's BAWA you're thinking of bud.

Edited by somner9

This threads giving me a right good laugh £1m and £2.5m million figurers! Ha ha !!!

Correct.

It should be at least £4M, a generous sell-on clause, and a packet of Hubba Bubba for every St Mirren supporter!

Edited by Drew

I would hope the club wouldn't accept any less than £750K for McGinn, with a robust sell-on clause.

I would be bitterly disappointed if he left, but could understand the club taking that amount or more. Any less would be a major mistake.