Bolton Interested In Mcginn

densop1

My guess is that lovestreet is saying that although we don't have any bank debt we are not debt free and that at points in the season there are cash flow issues and the club gets temporary loans from the directors or their companies? Also, if we have a bad season for home atendances and visiting fans and went out the cups early then despite budgetting for 11th we could make a loss, or if there is a drop in TV deals and sponsorship money we could make a loss if we are locked into some contracts with high earners.

then why are they knocking back the offer of £50k from SMISA for unissued shares

My guess is that lovestreet is saying that although we don't have any bank debt we are not debt free and that at points in the season there are cash flow issues and the club gets temporary loans from the directors or their companies? Also, if we have a bad season for home atendances and visiting fans and went out the cups early then despite budgetting for 11th we could make a loss, or if there is a drop in TV deals and sponsorship money we could make a loss if we are locked into some contracts with high earners.

Saved me the bother.

This seems like a pretty reasonable description of our clubs situation.

Guest somner9

Why did SMISA put up the money for the dome instead of the club / directors?

More to the point why did the youth team (cry babies excluded) put up the dome instead of all the blow-hards on here?

You were wrong though. We dont borrow money from any of the directors, we would be a pretty shit run company if that was the case. We have no debt.

Look at the last balance sheet and you would see that we had over 100k cash reserves in the bank.

No debt and one of the best 3 run clubs in the SPL along with the Saintees and Celtic.

You obviously know nothing of the finances of our club,you must be one of the clowns who thought when we sold the stadium we would be debt free and have money in the bank. Far from the case,we like other clubs are struggling.

You obviously know nothing of business development plans and long-term value strategies. You said, "Any money we get would be used to service debts and running costs", but that is not entirely true.

Yes, we are a 'selling club', as are most these days, but if no portion of incoming transfer money is reinvested, then we eventually flat-line. Investing some of any money received, in a bid to achieve a top-six finish, is the only way ahead for a club like ours.

You obiously also know nothing of me, so to label me a, "clown", on the basis of your interpetation of a discussion forum post, speaks volumes about you.

You obviously know nothing of business development plans and long-term value strategies. You said, "Any money we get would be used to service debts and running costs", but that is not entirely true.

Yes, we are a 'selling club', as are most these days, but if no portion of incoming transfer money is reinvested, then we eventually flat-line. Investing some of any money received, in a bid to achieve a top-six finish, is the only way ahead for a club like ours.

You obiously also know nothing of me, so to label me a, "clown", on the basis of your interpetation of a discussion forum post, speaks volumes about you.

YER BAWZ

Slightly off-topic but I see Neil Lennon is "resigned to losing Victor Wanyama" laugh.png whereas Wanyama's agent is saying he's being pressurised into the deal - now who do we believe? Obviously it all revolves around how the £12M is gonna be divvied up.

Back on topic I think it reinforces the POV that talking up any sellable player has got to be the correct way for the club to go - bring back Tony-F bag.gif .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23060673

So I come home from work, and check the rumour mill, as per.

"Oh shit, tonnes of new posts on the McGinn thread. This doesn't look good..."

f**king silly season. >_>

Every player has a value and if some club is daft enough to offer a rather nice offer for any of our players then the club would have to accept it. That is and always has been the way of a small club and moreso in this day and age where money is tight. If our youth policy comes to fruition then a number of young players will replace those moving on for cash. The conveyer belt will continue to run.

Better idea son, you go and do your homework try reading up on our current Directors. You will see then just what they have put into the club,one even cashed in his pension to keep us afloat.

Seriously some thicko's on here.

your as thick as f**k..George was joking about the pension thing...another mong taken in...thick as pig shit...